Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 211, 212, 213 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Val, no one is going to take you seriously because you are not born here. It's that simple.

I don't care what the racists think mate. I've a good carreer and I am a manager so people must take me seriously or I just fire them.

This country is literallly build by people who were never born here William the Conqueror spring to mind.

Let me get back to that post when we win and stop the racist Brexit. How serious is that Laughing

Nothing racist about it, people are sick and tired of 'outsiders' dictating how things should be done. The more this grows, right now ethnic minorities are meant to be like sacred animals or something, the more intolerance grows. Anyone with a brain can see it's counterproductive.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:30 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Anyone with a brain can see it's counterproductive.

Stop being Valist.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Nothing racist about it, people are sick and tired of 'outsiders' dictating how things should be done. The more this grows, right now ethnic minorities are meant to be like sacred animals or something, the more intolerance grows. Anyone with a brain can see it's counterproductive.

I agree. It's quite frightening how stupid people in power can be. Surely they see this 'look at a person the wrong way' hate crime society is fuelling the ultra right.

It's like all these 'positive' discrimination jobs. More women. more blacks, more muslims etc. Personally I want the best person for the job whoever but that isn't acceptable, it has to be the best minority person for the job.

Keep shoving something down someone's throat and they might just swallow it but they are more likely to throw it up again afterwards.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Itchy wrote:
You don't get to blame your opponents for your own unreasonable demands failing. Policy is only viable if you can pass it DESPITE opposition to it. If opposition makes it unworkable then it was never workable to begin with.

Nice post Itch, cheers for the effort. With the vote being so close and the subsequent shitshow, it has really highlighted the above very well.

Of course it's workable, it just needs to be allowed to progress. Instead the government has wasted years talking about it without ever implementing anything to ease the coming situation, or to make the EU think they're serious. Thankfully some business' have made preparations, although some won't act until they have to. Changes have to be made, it's not going to be the same so get over it and get on with it. Corbyn's "opposition" has totally disregarded national interest and is solely focussed on a power grab. I find that unforgivable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Of course it's workable, it just needs to be allowed to progress. Instead the government has wasted years talking about it without ever implementing anything to ease the coming situation, or to make the EU think they're serious. Thankfully some business' have made preparations, although some won't act until they have to. Changes have to be made, it's not going to be the same so get over it and get on with it.

What I interpret Itch is trying to express (correct me if I wrong Itchy) and I agree with which you and several others seem to just not comprehend is reality vs what you want. It might be tenable and workable and give all the pots of gold at the end of the rainbows if everyone got on board and all agreed to sail in the same direction but that is not reality.

Reality is - potentially half the country disagree, there is opposition. It has to be workable despite opposition or it falls flat.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Corbyn's "opposition" has totally disregarded national interest and is solely focussed on a power grab. I find that unforgivable.

You assert that he is acting against national interest? Again, potentially if not more now, half the country would disagree, are you seeing this yet?

Your framing is interesting but I'll leave that there, I'll simply point out the only way to gain consensus is to persuade or remove the opposition, one involves a more democratic route another is a touch more authoritarian.

Welcome to at least a semblance of democracy.
redeem ouzzer This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloan wrote:

What I interpret Itch is trying to express (correct me if I wrong Itchy) and I agree with which you and several others seem to just not comprehend is reality vs what you want. It might be tenable and workable and give all the pots of gold at the end of the rainbows if everyone got on board and all agreed to sail in the same direction but that is not reality.

Itchy has already attested that I'm not one of those who think it will be plane sailing but I still want out. If we accept that our current economic model and ways of working will have to evolve then yes, it's workable.

Sloan wrote:
Reality is - potentially half the country disagree, there is opposition. It has to be workable despite opposition or it falls flat.

No different to a general election in that respect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow back to Brexit on C4 today.

Caroline Lucas literally decimated the toff Mogg, the government loser Cleverly and the deluded labour Gardiner.

Jacob Rees-Mogg asks Caroline Lucas if she wanted a second referendum in the past. Lucas to Mogg: glad you've asked because you did in 2011. Laughing

Jacob Rees-Mogg's was peddling some lies about imaginary WTO "deal".

IHGNFY:

1. There is no such fucking thing like WTO "deal" without negotiating actual deal!

Deals can't be unilateral dy definition for gawd sake. Means you need two to tango.

Mogg's utter massive crap WTO "deal" explained in one picture for the hard of reading:

https://i.imgur.com/rEMDfXm.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/rEMDfXm.jpg

NSFW Tut Tut

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Raging.
Is Val going a bit... gammon?
Embarassed
Val wrote:
I've a good carreer and I am a manager so people must take me seriously or I just fire them.

Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Corbyn is now talking about a new referendum WITH remain as one of the choices.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-09/jeremy-corbyn-does-not-rule-out-option-of-remain-in-a-peoples-vote/

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I see Corbyn is now talking about a new referendum WITH remain as one of the choices.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-09/jeremy-corbyn-does-not-rule-out-option-of-remain-in-a-peoples-vote/

Quote:
Mr Corbyn gave his clearest indication yet that Remain would be an option, by saying another referendum would have to be "qualitatively different to the one held before" and that there would "have to be an option there of what's on offer" in terms of a Brexit deal, suggesting the choice would be between that and Remain.

That's what the article claims, but he doesn't say that in the video.

It reminds me of this report which claims Amber Rudd was,
Quote:
the first cabinet minister to publicly float the possibility of "plausible" alternatives.

She doesn't say that, she doesn't even say the word in inverted commas.
Journalists!

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I've a good carreer

There is no such word as 'carreer' in The English language.
Did you mean carer?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Val wrote:
I've a good carreer

There is no such word as 'carreer' in The English language.
Did you mean carer?

Care to pick up on the number of mistakes BNP72 made in his post, for the sake of balance too?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:53 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Val wrote:
racist

So fire me Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:59 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Corbyn has either kept quiet on everything (mostly waiting for the May crash) but he also seems to support second referendum (idiot!) and making deals.
In all fairness, do people here agree that Corbyn should be shouting from the roof tops 'Leave and without deal because the people want it' or should he continue down his road of silence?
Personally I feel that if Corbyn just shouted 'Vote for me and we'll leave without a costly deal' then he'd have huge crowds behind him.

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:34 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Anyhow back to Brexit on C4 today.

Caroline Lucas literally decimated the toff Mogg, the government loser Cleverly and the deluded labour Gardiner.

You clearly are deluded if that is your thought process.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val gets his opinions from Twitter.

Corbyn doesn't need to do anything except wait for the vote to fail and then push for an election. The idea that he'll then go and get a different deal from Europe is rubbish but he can just shrug, blame the Tories for everything and enjoy being PM.

I had to laugh at the 'contempt of Parliament' last week when it turned out the full script didn't tell MPs anything more than they'd already been told. Some of them tried to stir it up but the disappointment was palpable.

News just in; the Scots have won at the ECJ which ruled the UK can reverse Article 50 unilaterally.

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:22 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour can claim to push for whatever they want, but it simply won't happen. That's not how the mechanics of Parliament work.

As for the ECJ ruling?
It's pretty ironic that the EU who claim never to get involved in member states own sovereignty, until, well, they get involved member states own sovereignty Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense ducks lining up.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/eus-top-court-rules-uk-can-revoke-article-50-and-halt-brexit/ar-BBQKfv6?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=spartanntp

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it pains me to say it, I believe we will still be members one way or another gone March next year.

Politicians and big business will have won, plebs can Middle Finger

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:20 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very calculated move from the EU/Brussels that demonstrates that the ECJ is a political construct rather than a real court of law.

Looking at the choices on the table which are now:-

Leave the EU with May's deal.
Leave the EU on WTO rules.
Remain in the EU with no changes.

May's deal won't get voted through and neither will a WTO/no deal now. I don't see the majority in the HOC voting for first two.

It's not looking good for leave. Today's ruling has just given May a massive "get out of jail" card where as before it would have very different.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 110 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 211, 212, 213 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 212 of 523