Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:22 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/D4FKwSN.png
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 21 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Guys I have an idea.

How about trigger your own personal article 50 by doing something irreversible next wednesday without really any idea why or how you're going to do it?

Here's an idea, you pack your bags and move over to the rest of the Eu, clearly you hate this country and want it to be part of a federal Europe ,so what will you miss?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a good example for the negotiations. The UK will agree on whatever the EU proposes, but will spin it as great win over the "bad" EU back home.

This article is just a stupid spin for deluded brexshitters.

The facts are: the EU never said they want £50 bln.

They want the UK to meet its obligations.

Which Davis cited in the article is agreeing: "Mr Davis said the UK would meet its obligations - but he did not expect to see "that sort of money change hands".

Which is fine that is exactly what the EU want and ever said: the UK to sign that it will honour its commitments in principle and than the experts to do the math.

Did I just have said experts? Who would have thought that eh?

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/03/27/davis-uk-will-refuse-to-hand-brussels-a-50-billion-exit-fee/?ncid=aolshare_facebook

Speaking about experts, here is something you can think about:

Extra customs checks could push up the cost of imported goods even if Britain signs a free trade deal with the EU, according to a leaked government document.

Senior officials at HM Revenue & Customs warned that prices could rise by as much as 24% even with free trade deal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/business/brexit-customs-checks-could-land-uk-with-24-price-rise-q7d8sslnl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could, of course, buy less EU goods if they hike the prices.

I've just replaced my TV system - South Korean TV, Japanese AV Receiver and British speakers. Japanese Blu-Ray, SK and US Freesat boxes

Japanese bike

Turkish Fridge and Freezer.

South Korean oven

I do have a German hob and a French car (the car was bought used though).

I don't drink wine.

I could quite easily not buy EU goods if they were too expensive.

And regarding how much we owe: remind me again - when were the accounts last audited?

Last edited by panrider_uk on 14:16 - 28 Mar 2017; edited 2 times in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:14 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, Val, let Sharia May know. If she's in full possession of the facts, she might not trigger Article 50 tomorrow.

Trigger, trigger, trigger.

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:04 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read something at the weekend that indicates the World Trade Organisation rules would let the UK trade under current conditions for up to 10 years without any new agreements - perhaps not such a cliff edge after all.

Of course the WTO does not cover immigration so they can all FRO

Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
We could, of course, buy less EU goods,

Take a look at the labels on fruit and veg in the supermarkets. They're grown in places like Egypt and Guatemala, its astonishing. Do we import these via some exclusive EU deal, I wonder? Or perhaps they're distributed from a central EU location which we'd have to pay to use? Or would nothing change in this respect? Serious question.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

I don't drink wine.

I could quite easily not buy EU goods if they were too expensive.

Even if you did drink wine, there's lots of choice for non EU. Australian, Chilean, American and Argentinian for starters.

Stop drinking European beer and drink British ale.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been caning the Adnams Ghost Ship lately. British ale for british bellies. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:07 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local Lidl stock Scotch lager. Wait... Thinking

Oh Vaaaaaaaaaal:

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1448E/production/_95368038_66c23d9d-5217-4c93-b8af-e0f50541e41c.jpg

Currently winging its way to one of the many EU Presidents - the one so unpopular that his own country voted against his re-coronation.

Got any last minute reasons why this must not happen? For the avoidance of doubt: your feelings are not an argument.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:59 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Got any last minute reasons why this must not happen? For the avoidance of doubt: your feelings are not an argument.

Sulky Nationalist Party even more unbearably sulky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:22 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Sulky Nationalist Party even more hilariously sulky.

FTFY.

Oh, Tusk's face today. Must be live-streamed.

And: Val, got webcam? Drooling

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Val need a hand packing his/her's bags today?

Loose lips sink ships, there's no room for back peddlers now, this is the direction we're taking
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Here is a good example for the negotiations. The UK will agree on whatever the EU proposes, but will spin it as great win over the "bad" EU back home.

This article is just a stupid spin for deluded brexshitters.

The facts are: the EU never said they want £50 bln.

They want the UK to meet its obligations.

Which Davis cited in the article is agreeing: "Mr Davis said the UK would meet its obligations - but he did not expect to see "that sort of money change hands".

Which is fine that is exactly what the EU want and ever said: the UK to sign that it will honour its commitments in principle and than the experts to do the math.

Did I just have said experts? Who would have thought that eh?

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/03/27/davis-uk-will-refuse-to-hand-brussels-a-50-billion-exit-fee/?ncid=aolshare_facebook

Speaking about experts, here is something you can think about:

Extra customs checks could push up the cost of imported goods even if Britain signs a free trade deal with the EU, according to a leaked government document.

Senior officials at HM Revenue & Customs warned that prices could rise by as much as 24% even with free trade deal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/business/brexit-customs-checks-could-land-uk-with-24-price-rise-q7d8sslnl

You lie lie lie.

https://uk.businessinsider.com/eu-michel-barnier-tells-britain-to-pay-fourty-nine-billion-brexit-bill-2017-2

Why exactly , have we got any obligations, for up to 50 billion, when we get back about 8 billion a year? , at the most that's 20 billion we'll be paying in to the Eu in the next few years as we are set to remain there, so where;'s the other 30 billion come from? this what negotiations are about, you set a number out there, and the work back from it.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:48 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
where;'s the other 30 billion come from?

Long term projects, EUrocrat pensions. The Robber Barons have come to expect a certain standard of living.

While it would be nice to imagine our "negotiations" consisting of rustling a copy of The Spectator until the Brussels blustering turns to begging, it's important to bear in mind that Sharia's not spending her money.

Her goal will be to buy herself a legacy (in lieu of children) at any cost - to us.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
where;'s the other 30 billion come from?

Long term projects, EUrocrat pensions. The Robber Barons have come to expect a certain standard of living.

While it would be nice to imagine our "negotiations" consisting of rustling a copy of The Spectator until the Brussels blustering turns to begging, it's important to bear in mind that Sharia's not spending her money.

Her goal will be to buy herself a legacy (in lieu of children) at any cost - to us.

They can get fooked, they know we've been paying a ridiculous Net sum in for years

This is a fucking minuscule matter though, the sort of matter cretins such as Val will pickup on every time, just wait until the real nitty gritty starts on trade and customs regulation, the virtue signalling talking heads won't have a word to say on it, unless they're prepared to educate themselves on the eu, which they're not.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/28/theresa-may-fires-starting-gun-brexit-pledge-get-right-deal/

Quote:
Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s chief Brexit negotiator, warned Mrs May that any “unilateral decision” to limit the rights of EU citizens in the UK “would be contrary to EU law” and would be “vigorously” opposed.

They just don't get that 'EU law' and therefore EU rule is exactly why we've fucked them off.
What exactly are they going to do about it? Kick us out? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:32 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/28/theresa-may-fires-starting-gun-brexit-pledge-get-right-deal/

Quote:
Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s chief Brexit negotiator, warned Mrs May that any “unilateral decision” to limit the rights of EU citizens in the UK “would be contrary to EU law” and would be “vigorously” opposed.

They just don't get that 'EU law' and therefore EU rule is exactly why we've fucked them off.
What exactly are they going to do about it? Kick us out? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Expect Le PoPo Frogee to be even more of a pain in the derriere on any imaginary traffic violations though
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 24 of 523