Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:
We should have become a republic a looong time ago, that is 1 thing the french certainly got right

That's one thing we can agree on Smile I still can't believe people were fooled by a little rebranding during WW1.

Queenie might have her faults, she might have allowed a nasty little septic tank family into our Royal Family, but the choice of Queenie or Macron as head of state. Shocked

Jesus, I'd prefer Marie Antoinette and I reckon most froggies would as well.

Froggies, a loving humorous name given to our wonderful snail eating, backstabbing, historical enemies who we kicked ass many times in the past neighbours across our lovely channel in case the hate crime police are watching. Whistle
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

The ECJ can decide what it fucking wants, it doesn’t yet tell us whether we can leave the EU or not.

ECJ is literally the court that decides on EU laws and how the UK can leave or stay in EU.

It just said that if UK wants it can cancel Article 50 at any point until 29 March unilaterally.

It's up to UK Parliament to decide what will happen now.

They can cancel Article 50. I dare them not to do that Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:14 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
It just said that if UK wants it can cancel Article 50 at any point until 29 March unilaterally.

Like usual, you've missed out a very important part.

You know, the bit about how the revocation must be decided following “democratic process”.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Val wrote:

Like usual, you've missed out a very important part.

You know, the bit about how the revocation must be decided following “democratic process”.

So the UK can cancel unilaterally blah blah does not include your point? Is that not an implicit statement at this point?

So can the UK not cancel Article 50 at any point until 29 March unilaterally?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Ste wrote:
Corbyn wants no deal to be taken off the table as an option. Correct me if I'm wrong, no deal Brexit is what will happen if an agreement isn't reached on any other deal?

He's trying to change legislation to write this in or get guarantees from May, because they know, that will once and for all it will bury Brexit and make it impossible.

I think it's simpler than that. He wants to keep his hands clean so he can blame everything on the Tories (forevermore).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the Queen involved would be terrible. She is 92 and may die soon, at that point Prince Charles would be in charge. You want Charlie deciding Brexit? Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah it'll skip straight to Harry and Meghan's mixed race ginger kid, cos #diversity.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:42 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
So the UK can cancel unilaterally blah blah does not include your point? Is that not an implicit statement at this point?

No, saying the UK can cancel unilaterally blah blah does not include my point about "democratic process" as that's the most important part and Val chose to ignore it. That's the bit which makes it very complicated and very unlikely to even be possible.
Quote:
So can the UK not cancel Article 50 at any point until 29 March unilaterally?

Yes it can be cancelled at any point until 29 March unilaterally. But that would have to follow a democratic process so it's slightly more complicated than just cancelling Article 50. So May can't just say tomorrow morning that we're cancelling Article 50 and Brexit is off.

"The court said the UK would be able to stay on the same terms it has now, so it would not be forced to join the euro or the Schengen area - where there are no passport controls between countries.

But the decision to stay must "follow a democratic process".

The member state would then have to write to the EU to notify them of the "unequivocal and unconditional" decision.
"

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Yes it can be cancelled at any point until 29 March unilaterally. But that would have to follow a democratic process so it's slightly more complicated than just cancelling Article 50. So May can't just say tomorrow morning that we're cancelling Article 50 and Brexit is off.

Agreed so the UK can unilaterally cancel article 50.

Yeh I'm being a bit of a nobcat but I'm just doing to you what you did to Val.
I agree with the rest of your point but that is the mechanistic aspect or explanation.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is Corbyn on?? It's not normal fucking behaviour - he's screwing the population with this. He's actually ignoring the people - this will destroy their membership base. A definite shot to the foot.

Do people think Blair is hiding just behind the scenes now that things are so close to conclusion? I know I do.
I'm so sorry for helping bring Blair to power - forgive me.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
She is 92 and may die soon

Very soon if Philip's driving... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46912691

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:

I'm so sorry for helping bring Blair to power - forgive me.

#metoo. The one and only time Labour will ever get my vote. In my defence, I was young and naive as all the current lefty students are.

Aahahahahaahahahahahahaha... that's 100% more times than I've voted for them Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:38 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
driving

https://i.imgur.com/ARqlpw3.jpg

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not be driving at 97, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Ironically, Diana's last words!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
You should not be driving at 97, it's an accident waiting to happen.

The driving age should be raised to 21.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised bnp72 isn't using the Prince Phil crash to say it's a conspiracy to keep Brexit out of the news Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:04 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Relevance?

The lizard people control everything including Brexit Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:04 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
I'm surprised bnp72 isn't using the Prince Phil crash to say it's a conspiracy to keep Brexit out of the news Laughing

inb4 episode 2, attack of the drones.

If asking about conspiracies and the news right now, it's a good time for bad news as everything gets buried by Brexit right now. What have we missed, what's happened which would usually be news worthy but has barely been mentioned?

Prince Philip has got the front pages tomorrow, when was the last time newspapers had a headline that wasn't about Brexit?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect the old fucker was pissed too but hey - they're literally above the law.

Isn't it true that the queen can't be prosecuted for murder in the UK??

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
I expect the old fucker was pissed too but hey - they're literally above the law.

Reported that he was breathalysed and returned a clear reading. With his health problems and age I'd be surprised if drinks much nowadays.

Regarding Brexit, I can't help thinking that a no deal is now the best option. Then we go back into Europe with, you know, tanks. Full on D-day invasion. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I was more referring to EUfixing's random comment about raising the driving age. I can't see the relevance to an old duffer causing a crash., nor Brexit.

I think it was Raffles saying old people shouldn't be driving, and Riejufixing (basically) saying neither should young people.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 257 of 523