Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its still brinkmanship imo. This will go down to the wire...

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

This.
It's gotten to the point where I can barely stand listening to the radio and phone ins.
Has anyone else noticed how various politicians are now literally shedding layers and exposing their true intentions when questioned? I was fucking livid yesterday listening to Vince Cable. He literally said fuck the public, fuck the vote and suck me business. Sure he represents them but cares absolutely nothing about what the vote was and who the public are. He's not the only one..

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Well, Mogg's beginning to come around to "the deal", which is a help.

The feeling seems to be spreading, thank goodness.

Nadine Dorries claimed she and her colleagues were beginning to reconsider, given efforts of other backbenchers to push for a second referendum or a delay to Brexit.
Dorries wrote:
I can feel a growing consensus among a number of MPs — faced with these Europhile kamakaze MPs, who really don’t care about their careers going up in flames, who want to overturn parliamentary tradition in order to stop Brexit — I think many people are now realizing that we would support this deal to get it over the line. Because every day here is a dangerous day at the moment. We may have to see that this is a deal, we will have to swallow our pride, swallow what we would prefer, and vote for it

Edit: Andrea Jenkyns also seems to say that time-limiting the backstop could result in supporting the withdrawal arrangement.

I hope it's not too late.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 13:00 - 22 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Diggs wrote:

This.
It's gotten to the point where I can barely stand listening to the radio and phone ins.
Has anyone else noticed how various politicians are now literally shedding layers and exposing their true intentions when questioned? I was fucking livid yesterday listening to Vince Cable. He literally said fuck the public, fuck the vote and suck me business. Sure he represents them but cares absolutely nothing about what the vote was and who the public are. He's not the only one..

It's full of Oxbridge PPE educated dickheads telling us we are all stupid when they are the ones who chose PPE instead of STEM Laughing . I'm quite impressed with how well the public are holding their nerve though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
This thing about what the Lisbon treaty says is fundamentally wrong , it's been debunked numerous times and if you're gonna make a argument for leave, actually use official documents, rather than horseshit concocted by Leave means Leave and the other knuckle dragging hard brexit groups

Actually, we don't have to make an argument for leave. In case you didn't notice a majority have already voted for it.

We should leave, end of.

Doesn't work like that , or you'll have the civil service which is rammed full of remainers making their own version of brexit to implement which will please nobody. like they're doing now.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Doesn't work like that , or you'll have the civil service which is rammed full of remainers making their own version of brexit to implement which will please nobody. like they're doing now.

Right up until an opposition appears, taking enough votes from the Remain establishment. At which point they'll pretend to start listening to the public.

A vote for UKIP was far from a wasted vote. It woke the establishment up and forced them to hold a referendum. If Brexit gets sabotaged by the Remain establishment, UKIP Mk2 or whatever Farage comes up with, will fill the void.

The way things are at the moment, it wouldn't take a lot for the top two parties to be knocked down into second and third choice.

Ukips full of spackers and Cameron used them to get a majority over Labour

You wont get a leave party in a first past the post system, hence why you needed a plan to be followed to the T so the remainers couldnt back out of it and do what they want like they are doing now , none of that was done so your best bet now is to get in to EFTA and salvage any independence thats left
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would. The Farage/UKIP-Lennon split has seen to that.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I think it would. The Farage/UKIP-Lennon split has seen to that.

What (context)?

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect to be excited by the final outcome, however I do find it interesting and amusing to see that Italy continues to dig France in the ribs regarding African migrants.
I suspect Italy could well fancy leaving the EU as well, although I'm not sure what it's banking sector or economy in general would do to survive. But then Italy is a country that has lurched from riches to ruin many times in the past.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently yesterday Blair said to the EU : "Just sit tight, there's going to be a second referendum soon"

God I miss him.
Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Apparently yesterday Blair said to the EU : "Just sit tight, there's going to be a second referendum soon"

God I miss him.
Sad

I'm not advocating or encouraging anything... but if someone was to Jo Cox him I wouldn't be upset.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a great Christmas Card picture of him and Cherie released, with him looking like he was about to chin someone.
I can't find it now though Sad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
There was a great Christmas Card picture of him and Cherie released, with him looking like he was about to chin someone.
I can't find it now though Sad

That one?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1400D/production/_98633918_blair-card-464.jpg

Apparently it lead to many mockings...

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_2781.jpg

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spat my tea out at work Smile

Stand by my statement though, the pointy eyebrows say it all.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46961982

Finally the EU are saying they will erect a hard border in Ireland, brilliant absolutely hilarious after all of little Leo's threats....

The EU care not 1 shxt about Ireland and have been using Leo as a stool.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all straight forwards as always. Smile

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
The EU care not 1 shxt about Ireland and have been using Leo as a stool.

:Leo *IS* a stool!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo is the doormat of Europe.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Every time someone posts an opinion which doesn't support your Communist State of Europe dream, they get negged. Plonk.

Quoted for future reference!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

HTH.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
kawakid wrote:
The EU care not 1 shxt about Ireland and have been using Leo,

Ireland doesn’t want one, Northern Ireland and Britain don’t want one, so what are the EU going to do?

Ireland has been flouting EU policy on tax. The EU could use Brexit to 'persuade' the Irish to accept QMV on tax matters in exchange for 'no hard border.' Then the EU's four step plan can start down the path to centralised taxation, which is what the Commission has longed for. It's a golden opportunity.

Damn! Brexit is going to facilitate a hitherto problematic but key part of the European Project!
Is it too late to change my mind?
Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 263 of 523