Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:11 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

assorted Beautiful Minds wrote:

All farmers are rich as Mogg, because I once saw a farmer driving a nice car.

If we based our opinions on personal experiences, our view would be extremely limited. Collated data helps us see the whole picture, and the concept of an average (once understood; getting there is extremely difficult for some) helps to save us from being distracted by extreme examples, not representative of the general state of affairs.

assorted Beautiful Minds wrote:

NOT TRUE!!! Because there's that farmer I know who has a REALLY nice car. IN YOUR FACE, STUPID SCIENCE!!!11111

I cannot say this isn't entertaining Pass the popcorn
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sharing as this is the issue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Quote:
Anecdotal evidence is often unscientific or pseudoscientific because various forms of cognitive bias may affect the collection or presentation of evidence. For instance, someone who claims to have had an encounter with a supernatural being or alien may present a very vivid story, but this is not falsifiable. This phenomenon can also happen to large groups of people through subjective validation.

Soppy liberal indocrination shit innit.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm siding with Diggs, mpd, Sister Sledge etc. on this particular one..
Sorry Mr 476 Sad

As I said before, I did a gap year in an accountants in Lincolnshire (arable land of very high value) and most of our clients were farmers worried about the fact they were making too much money.
And they would claim things like dogs as business expenses. Also, I was amazed at the value of assets such as Combine Harvesters.

Back on Brexit, I think it will go into 2 years more uncertainty. Regarding the backstop/no deal, remember the IRA are waiting in the wings carefully watching developments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Back on Brexit, I think it will go into 2 years more uncertainty. Regarding the backstop/no deal, remember the IRA are waiting in the wings carefully watching developments.

Unless we offer a new referendum to the EU I think they will refuse a long extension forcing parliament to vote on revoking article 50.

The worst thing about that would be Vals gloating. Evil or Very Mad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I think the backstop thing is connected to the IRA (tin-foil hat)

We definitely don't want Bomby Bomby
EU doesn't want Bomby Bomby (even though they don't like us much)

I really don't think we will leave without some sort of deal making sure that this hard border doesn't occur, because terrorists generally win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yeah agree, Val just seems to appear and post every time something happens which suits Remain, then fucks off.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
This isn't like Scot Indy Ref

Darn right it isn't.

If 'Leave UK' had won in Scot Indy Ref it would have been stability, wealth, and oil for all.

Brexit is imaginary unicorn leave, square root of minus 1, racist, terrorist upsetting, and most of all would piss Blair and Bercow off.

The differences ahead are clear.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I don’t know if this means much, but the HMRC grants to increase customs clearance capacity are being granted and going ahead regardless.
My first approved quote is for almost my annual turnover, so someone is taking leaving the single market seriously.

I’m going to be busy over the next few weeks!

Ahh, good to know you're profiting from this, no wonder you're on the leave side...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F33c92920-3207-11e8-b9ab-50675b2358e0.jpg?crop=2992%2C1683%2C963%2C185&resize=685

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piers Morgan warns Tony Blair there'll be 'hell to pay' if there's a second Brexit referendum after the former PM DENIES helping the EU frustrate May in order to pave the way for a second vote

Seriously fcuk off Blair.
But then again, fcuk off Piers.
But most importantly, fcuk off Blair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6825833/Tony-Blair-DENIES-helping-EU-leaders-frustrate-Theresa-clashed-Piers-Morgan-Brexit.html

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Piers Morgan warns Tony Blair there'll be 'hell to pay' if there's a second Brexit referendum after the former PM DENIES helping the EU frustrate May in order to pave the way for a second vote

Seriously fcuk off Blair.
But then again, fcuk off Piers.
But most importantly, fcuk off Blair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6825833/Tony-Blair-DENIES-helping-EU-leaders-frustrate-Theresa-clashed-Piers-Morgan-Brexit.html

Well, bliar does know how to stop Brexit, and it's working very well:

"It was Tony Blair who said that the way to stop Brexit was first to vote against the Prime Minister’s deal, then to vote against no deal, then to seek a long extension"

The first two have probably been done. That leaves the long extension.

People won't listen to sense re "the deal", though.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean Brexit is not happening? Thinking

Procrastination, eh? Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:03 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Basically, yes, I don't think it will happen.
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

Do you have a point to add to the topic, or are you just here to keep having a pop at me?

Bore off.

He made his point very well. You're a self serving cunt, it's nothing to do with the good of the country etc. As you like to pretend with your patriotic bullshit.

I don't know either of you but I do know of your personal vendettas against each other and, in this case, you're missing the point.

Up and down the country, across the EU and around the world, businesses are spending vast sums of money to deal with this supposed "no deal" (which is actually a deal) EU exit.

At least MPD admits he's making money out of it, when is the house going to admit there's a substantial amount of capital in it for them, if they block any form of true exit?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:59 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No personal gain to me voting leave - quite potentially the opposite in fact. Suppose that makes me more of a patriot. Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:10 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

I don't know either of you but I do know of your personal vendettas against each other and, in this case, you're missing the point.

Up and down the country, across the EU and around the world, businesses are spending vast sums of money to deal with this supposed "no deal" (which is actually a deal) EU exit.

At least MPD admits he's making money out of it, when is the house going to admit there's a substantial amount of capital in it for them, if they block any form of true exit?

I think it's pretty clear MPD would back Brexit with no deal even if it lead to him personally losing money.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Basically, yes, I don't think it will happen.

You (your gov.) had 2 years to figure this out. What did you/they do instead? What was so important that it could not wait?

On the other hand I do understand what is going on now. Under the pressure of the catastrophic scenarios, no one wants to be to blame if Brexit turns out bad for the majority. So they stall and stall, now trying to put the blame on the EU for not playing nice, so the home grown UK patriots have a new villain to hate and the UK politicians have a space to do what they do the best, act like everything is alright. Have a cup of tea, enjoy.

Isn't that how wars are started?

EDIT: I'm not going to say I knew this was gonna happen, but the moment May said the Brexit should be red, white and blue and nothing else, I knew, this was gonna be a shit show.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wars are started when one state tries to control another. Free and fair trade oils the wheels of peace but now there are all these other expectations which you have to obey if you want that particular form of prosperity.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Isn't that how wars are started?

What, Germany trying to enforce its rule over the whole of Europe?

Twice so far by military force and now once via political force, at first, followed by a central European military, ran by guess who? The Germans.

Yes, while you stayed at home, sipping your tea and giving Germans whatever they wanted. And quite frankly, you do the same today. Thumbs Up

Who are your representatives, at the EU, in the EP...? What have they achieved in the past 45 or so years?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 338 of 523