Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 350, 351, 352 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Speaking to ConservativeHome yesterday, Jacob Rees-Mogg admitted that “the Prime Minister will not deliver a no deal Brexit.” Speaking about the “hierarchy of choice”, the ERG Chairman revealed he believes that “No Deal is better than Mrs May’s Deal but Mrs May’s Deal is better than not leaving at all. … Is this deal worse than not leaving? No, definitely not. If we take this deal we are legally out of the EU… Being legally out is of great importance. It restores our independence."

Finally! Sense from Mogg. I do hope that he can influence others to support "the deal" too, and we can leave.

There is lots of squealing currently, mostly from "remainers" bad-mouthing Mogg, but also from Leavers who've been suckered into effectively supporting "Remain" but even now don't realise it.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we are seeing in general is as below. The masses are just waiting... It's only the extreme left and extreme right making the bulk of the noises.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:47 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
"Speaking to ConservativeHome yesterday, Jacob Rees-Mogg admitted that “the Prime Minister will not deliver a no deal Brexit.”

She may well find it's out of her hands. There is still a good chance that Parliament will stumble into it if they continue to tie their own hands in the way they have been doing.

I'd take the current WA over revoking A50*, with the proviso that we can find some politicians who will actually stand up for the UK's interests in subsequent negotiations, including being ready to call bad faith if the EU manoeuvres to hold us in against our will, and ready, in that case, to walk out. But I'm still hoping for a "no deal" exit as things stand. It is still the only proper Leave outcome.

*Yes mpd, I'm fully aware that will put the cat amongst your pigeons, but read all of what I've said in this post Wink Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC News wrote:
Labour's Hilary Benn said MPs have to take responsibility for the Brexit process because the government was not doing its job.

He might regret this. It's a handy precedent for the European Parliament if we stay in but don't toe the line. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
BBC News wrote:
Labour's Hilary Benn said MPs have to take responsibility for the Brexit process because the government was not doing its job.

He might regret this. It's a handy precedent for the European Parliament if we stay in but don't toe the line. Sad

MPs are saying "Parliament has taken control" from Theresa May, but I think they will find that they have done no such thing, as they are no more in agreement with each other than anyone else.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
2 000 000 peoples's vote march in Saturday,

Quote:
“Based on the visuals from the helicopter image, it’s between 312,000 and 400,000 people,” explains Manchester Metropolitan University’s Keith Still, a world leader in crowd science,

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/brexit-march-peoples-vote-crowd-size

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Val wrote:

Quote:
“Based on the visuals from the helicopter image, it’s between 312,000 and 400,000 people,” explains Manchester Metropolitan University’s Keith Still, a world leader in crowd science,

Val will be saying there were 200 million before the week is out Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Val wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I saw that & posted it here too! Snap! Smile Deleted to avoid confusion.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

2,000,000 in favour of reality against imaginary leave unicorn.

As are the 5,500,000 (probably now 10million) people who signed that petition AND ARE ALL REAL. SRSLY.

When can I get my pitchfork out the shed?

Actually I'm a bit jealous of my peasant ancestors from the middle ages. I bet a good revolt/riot now and again helps vent some steam.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEwTw8wAaI

The Who`s Roger Daltrey calls the EU `The F*****g Mafia` on Sky News

"As if we didn't tour Europe before the fcuking EU"

lolz. Still got it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEwTw8wAaI

The Who`s Roger Daltrey calls the EU `The F*****g Mafia` on Sky News

"As if we didn't tour Europe before the fcuking EU"

lolz. Still got it.

Effing brilliant, everyone in the office had a good larf when I played that Thumbs Up

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

MPs are saying "Parliament has taken control" from Theresa May, but I think they will find that they have done no such thing, as they are no more in agreement with each other than anyone else.

This is so funny as to be a crazy. If these stupid MP's think the EU will talk and agree to any deal they MAY, just find a tenuous agreement on.

I'm just hoping that the EU will simply say at the end of this extension. Times up.... You are now out of the EU with no deal.. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

This is so funny as to be a crazy. If these stupid MP's think the EU will talk and agree to any deal they MAY, just find a tenuous agreement on.

I'm just hoping that the EU will simply say at the end of this extension. Times up.... You are now out of the EU with no deal.. Laughing

Yup, the obstacles to any deal other than the current one are formidable. I've lost count of how many times the EU have said this is it, take it or leave it, and yet more than half our MPs don't appear to have heard them. I really don't think they're going to relent at the last minute on this, and if anyone is counting on that (and that would depend on a majority in Parliament for something substantial, workable and acceptable to the EU - now there's a unicorn for you!), it's no better than the brinksmanship they're all accusing May of playing at.

I watched Lisa Nandy on the tv today saying that everyone's views need to be taken into account, as there are so many differing views on what ought to happen. She's a nice lady who obviously cares, but so naive - way to guarantee no agreement on anything! And this is where Parliament is tying its own hands, but can't bring themselves to face it. And how we will exit without a deal, no matter what "control" they think they have gained Praying They all just say, "oh, we must all compromise", without being willing to do so themselves, but actually meaning that everyone else should come round to their preference.

Funniest of all, you can place amidst all this the fact that the majority of them still don't want us to leave the EU, but they feel now they have to somehow conceal that whilst still quietly trying to achieve it, and they actually have ensured they'll get no control over anything...not even themselves Laughing Let's face it, if they were honest with themselves, they'd all be calling for a revocation of A50, loud and clear.

May's best bet now is to tell the 1922 Committee that if her deal is accepted and passed in the House, then she will resign. And even that doesn't guarantee it will go through on a third hearing. If a third hearing is allowed. In short, everything but exiting on a no deal basis, despite anyone's best efforts to avoid it, is virtually blocked. I think it might well be the outcome, purely by default.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really get why May resigning is being offered as some sort of sweetener in any deal.
Who would we have instead.
I've always thought we should have had a PM who backed Brexit.

BUT

Boris = Boris
Gove = Puke
JRM = I like some of what he stands for but monocle sorta guy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I don't really get why May resigning is being offered as some sort of sweetener in any deal.

Because she doesn't have what it takes to negotiate decent permanent relations with the EU. Remember, the WA is only supposed to be temporary, to oil the gears of leaving, as it were. The real work comes after a WA has been passed and enacted.

We need true Leave MPs and negotiators after the WA has been enacted, not soppy Remain idiots who will still give everything away - even more so with this particular WA, within which there is a real risk of that happening if our negotiators aren't ready and willing to be hard-line*, should the need arise.

*by which I mean ready to stand up to EU bullying.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be honest here, a lot of them see the EU as future employment after they lose political virility in the UK...
What the fuck else can they do apart bullshit for a living whilst spending vast amounts on expenses? Course they
don't want it to fold. May will pop up in the EU council sooner or later, mark my words. Her job offer has probably
already been accepted, a reward for fucking this up so much better than they could have hoped she would. While of
course proclaiming to anyone that would listen that she was working very, very hard to get us out.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

May resigning is pointless.

She is the sacrificial lamb, and will go before the next election anyway.

While i'm no fan of May's I have great admiration of her for having the bottle to stand up and be counted and take on the poison chalice.
Interesting how all the "OUT" supporters suddenly dissipated and were not prepared to stand for election to one of the biggest roles going and be a history maker.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
I think what we are seeing in general is as below. The masses are just waiting... It's only the extreme left and extreme right making the bulk of the noises.

Yeah masses are waiting...except 5,763,282 of all voters want to cancel Brexit now: https://www.livefrombrexit.com/petitions/241584

For the record far right May and far left Corbyn BOTH support Brexit. Majority of the people in the centre are against Brexit. Corbynites call us centrist for a reason.

How will you be celebrating the UK not leaving the EU on Friday?

29th of March is declared as #RemainDay - means UK will stay in EU on that bright date.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much those comments. The EU is seen as the next logical step after a stint in parliament - unless you're completely insane that is (thatcher).
Sure a lot of political leaders own companies or sit on boards but to become a wanker in the EU is seen as a goal - at any cost including allowing the destruction Great Britain. After all, it's just an island and will always be there. Right? Actually their attitude on nukes probably fits into that too!

This country is truly screwed now. I'm politically neutral and fuck me they've done a shit job in the last 15 years. All political leaders should be ashamed.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Yeah masses are waiting...except 5,763,282 of all voters want to cancel Brexit now

Well, even if that figure is accurate and reflects those who voted in the refeerendum, it's a lot less than 17+ million.

I'm glad you have abandoned your nonsensical claim about "2 million marchers", by the way. Well done.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 5,763,282? I thought it would be 10 million by now.

Is Val a troll?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Val wrote:
Yeah masses are waiting...except 5,763,282 of all voters want to cancel Brexit now

Well, even if that figure is accurate and reflects those who voted in the refeerendum, it's a lot less than 17+ million.

I'm glad you have abandoned your nonsensical claim about "2 million marchers", by the way. Well done.

Brexiters spending days wanging on about numbers on the march last weekend suggests it has properly freaked the shit out of you mate Laughing

Also this:

https://i.imgur.com/N0878Va.jpg

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"2 million"! Tut Tut See my post on this page. You and mpd72 have a lot in common. (I know that's going to hurt. Twisted Evil ) You keep posting the same falsehoods and imaginings to suit your agenda even when they've been effectively countered. Only The Guardian claimed it was 2 million. It wasn't even 1 million of the intrepid tube-travellers. Remain lies. Thinking

The petition raised by the wannabe MP murderer only shows that 12% of "the electorate" (note that anyone can sign the petition) vehemently want Remain, yet you're proclaiming that triumphantly?

I'm surprised at Rees-Mogg's grudging support for May's Deal in preference to No Deal. If that's the way it goes then all that's left to Brexiteers is to be as downright abusive as Remainers have been once the EU inevitably shows it's true colours to the most myopic of voters. Then we'll all descend into either chaos or a New World Order when we could have been an outpost of freedom (not for the first time Wink ). "No, you've ruined my future!"

Lastly, regarding Rees-Mogg, his kind make money regardless of what happens. Money comes to money. That doesn't mean he's cynically manipulating the situation to suit his own pocket. Like I said, his kind never lose financially.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh - thats better. Laughing

We may not get the Brexit we are after, but I am at least in control of Valxit.

Smile

no more nonsense posts hurting my eyes Smile

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Do they.... How many of these are actually old enough to vote.
Interesting point to ponder on Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 350, 351, 352 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 351 of 523