Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Erm but you're a British tax payer? So you want to pay a bigger bill? Laughing

Your position gets more odder by the day

Frankly, i couldn't care less how much the bill is, no one seems to care we're paying 50 billion a year on the interest on the national debt, so it's small fry to get out of a cultist club that oddballs such as yourself love.

Also seeing as you're thick as shit, but seem to know it all, how does Norway arrange their borders and customs checks with the EU seeing as they're not in the customs union?

plz Val, instead of propaganda copy pasta from the new European, explain the above
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Really I think you're just trolling because your arguments never stand up to scrutiny and you're still here in the UK.

Today's news - one more bank moving out: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-nomura-bank-relocates-frankfurt-eu-headquarters-european-base-london-city-germany-a7802081.html

Lets do some facts examination shall we. The banks and insurance companies which have so far announced they are relocating some of their activities out of London in order to ensure continued access to the Single Market are:

Banks

JP Morgan 4,000 jobs out of 16,000
Deutsche Bank 4,000 out of 9,000
UBS 1,500 out of 5,000
Goldman 1,000 out of 6,000
HSBC 1,000 out of 5,000
Morgan Stanley 1,000 out of 6,000
Barclays 150 out of 10,000
Citigroup TBA out of 9,000
Credit Suisse TBA out of 6,600
Standard Chartered TBA
Nomura 100

Insurers

AIG TBA
Lloyds of London TBA
Hiscox TBA
L&G TBA
Aviva TBA
M&G TBA
Standard LIfe TBA

Could you provide me with a single company which is investing in the UK specifically because of Brexit. I would like a direct quote from the CEO of the company as proof that the investment is Brexit-linked. Go on, just one company.

But I need the CEO, not you, to state that the investment is linked to the fact that the UK is doing Brexit.

Humor me Laughing

The same banks that said they would leave if we didn't join the Euro?

you don't learn do you, you're playing their game , except they cant lose, hence bailouts.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not worth mentioning the "TBA"s except it fills out the list, eh? Wink
I got stuck behind a tractor this morning. Blamed Brexit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SonofABiker
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it changes much in that list, btw, but HSBC have been dicking around and threatening to leave the UK for a while - I used to work for them several years ago and they made a couple thousand people redundant in essex, offered to move several hundred of them to a 'totally newly built' place in Birmingham where they had intended to continue the same work.

They shut that down a couple years later and screwed another few thousand people over as well, including those that moved.

Those guys could not care less about the UK even in the EU, so to say they are leaving now, well. Convenient excuse really for what they were already doing.

Just my two pence worth at least.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:09 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, quite. Banks will go wherever the regulation is lightest.

'Fair and serious' sponging rights for Val unveiled.

I'm curious about what's wrong with EUians applying for UK citizenship if they're do keen on staying.

Anyway, I'm sure the EU will be keen to demonstrate its superiority by offering even better rights to Brits living in the EU, right?

Last edited by Rogerborg on 08:26 - 23 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:24 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/YZEyj2S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JnBgfyn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8SoyBT0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZpLJX8O.jpg

Hopefully we're not heading for uncontrolled mass emigration! Can't imagine we're attracting too many skilled workers right now.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I got stuck behind a tractor this morning. Blamed Brexit.

You wait until farmers stop getting EU subsidies. That's when you'll be stuck behind tractors Smile

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:31 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The growth in the swarm of cockle pickers and welfare seekers has temporarily slowed, you say?

civvy wrote:
Can't imagine we're attracting too many skilled workers right now.

Our intake of interns and graduates this year is pretty much all Bulgarians or Greek-Cypriots (3 of them), plus a Paddylander.

Skilled people will always be welcome, and rewarded.

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:57 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Skilled people will always be welcome, and rewarded.

Legally, yes - I don't doubt that.

Socially? Would you move here with the current attitudes coming out of the woodwork if you could get paid in a stronger currency on the continent, where you'd have an automatic right to work with no new hoops to jump through?

Skilled workers have choices, why would they choose Britain?

https://twitter.com/mapduliand/status/877999269025910789

https://i.imgur.com/SzAhTOb.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:52 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:
Skilled workers have choices, why would they choose Britain?

Ask me again once we're no longer propping up the Eurozone economies.

civvy wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/SzAhTOb.jpg

14 years in the UK and still referring to Elbonia as "home".

Parasited off of us (well, me, I won't speak for you) for the expensive years of raising children, then sodded off.

Except, not sodded off, because they haven't been able to find a better job in Elbonia, have they? Now they're just sending their UK income abroad.

Truly a loss to our culture and economy.

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

14 years in the UK and still referring to Elbonia as "home".

Yep, just as one refers to one's home town as "home" despite moving elsewhere a number of years ago.

14 years contributing to our country's economy - no say in it's future. No more contributions.

Still, plenty of fields for hardworking British people to pick fruit in, now! We'll need it for all the jam we'll be exporting.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:54 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:
14 years contributing to our country's economy

Maybe, depending on actual productivity and tax paid, versus how much they've soaked out of us for Bringing Up Baby.

civvy wrote:
Still, plenty of fields for hardworking British people to pick fruit in, now! We'll need it for all the jam we'll be exporting.

Technology, chap. Long overdue.

https://i.imgur.com/uNldIPL.jpg?1

Some
risk of being crush-kill-destroyed, but at least it won't be claiming child benefit for a litter of Furbys living in East Robotia.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:20 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
civvy wrote:

Technology, chap. Long overdue.

https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Frankly, i couldn't care less how much the bill is, no one seems to care we're paying 50 billion a year on the interest on the national debt, so it's small fry to get out of a cultist club that oddballs such as yourself love.

Also seeing as you're thick as shit, but seem to know it all, how does Norway arrange their borders and customs checks with the EU seeing as they're not in the customs union?

Just incase you missed this VAL , ??

I see Rob is very keen on me answering his questions. Let me make it clear, in case anyone has missed it I want Brexit to fail ok?

One way of achieving that is to have really bad or no deal. From that point of view the bigger the bill the merrier. Because although I am an UK tax payer, if the Brexit fails, there will be no bill to pay ok?

And the life as you have said is not only about money. My opinion is Brexit is very very wrong, getting the UK 100 years backwards. I appreciate that you guys here are decent people, but bear in mind all the racists like Farage, bigots, nutjobs and nasty people like Tommy Robinson are on your team Brexit. Think about it for a second would ya?

If you want open, liberal and integrated Europe as me, Macron, Merkel and more or less any sane person would want, then well we are prepared to spend some money too to make it right.

Finally Norway is in EEA. If you want the same good luck. EEA means you are a member of the single market and must accept the 4 freedoms. Except you will not have any say on any EU laws that will affect you. No veto. Which is kind of stupid place to be. But if you want it go ahead.

Funny you have mention this. The UK is in EEA to. And I mean not only as a member of EU, it has signed EEA explicitely, this was EEA requirement.

Only way to exit EEA is to trigger EEA article 127. Article 127 explicitely say the country that wants to leave must give 12 months notice.

If there is no deal until march 2018 and if the UK has not explicitely triggered article 127, the UK will stay in the EEA with the single market and the 4 freedoms.

BTW in order to trigger article 127 Westminster must have Holyrod parliament approval too.

Good luck with Brexit then Laughing

Analyse this Rob Thumbs Up

Last edited by Val on 13:12 - 23 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonofABiker wrote:
Not that it changes much in that list, btw, but HSBC have been dicking around and threatening to leave the UK for a while - I used to work for them several years ago and they made a couple thousand people redundant in essex, offered to move several hundred of them to a 'totally newly built' place in Birmingham where they had intended to continue the same work.

They shut that down a couple years later and screwed another few thousand people over as well, including those that moved.

Those guys could not care less about the UK even in the EU, so to say they are leaving now, well. Convenient excuse really for what they were already doing.

Just my two pence worth at least.

My sister has worked for HSBC for nearly 30 years. She's been "probably being made redundant" every other year. It seems to be just the way that the banks operate.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:33 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
all the racists like Farage, bigots, nutjobs and nasty people like Tommy Robinson are on your team Brexit. Think about it for a second would ya?

I have thought about it, which is why ad hominem arguments against strawmen that you've created based on what you feel people must have said is just a bit sad.

Why can't you judge people on what they've actually said and done, rather than on what your irrational, hate-blinded prejudice causes you to assume?

So regressive, so intolerant, so illiberal. Sad

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Val wrote:

Finally Norway is in EEA. If you want the same good luck. EEA means you are a member of the single market and must accept the 4 freedoms. Except you will not have any say on any EU laws that will affect you. No veto. Which is kind of stupid place to be. But if you want it go ahead.

Val, I presume you're unaware of the huge difference in EU trade when comparing us to Norway?

Norway has a massive trade surplus with the EU, so heavily depends on the single market. If they leave it, they lose out more than the EU would put together.

The UK is the polar opposite and has a massive trade deficit with the EU as a whole. The single market is less important to us than Norway by some margin. If we leave, the EU lose out more than us.

Rob was asking and I have answered. I do have said EEA is stupid place to be for anybody.

About " If we leave, the EU lose out more than us."

I am surpised you'd say that I mean do you want to stay? What actually is your point here?

Unless it is the old lame blackmailing game something like give us what we want or else?

Havng said that you realise this is not working? It is like you have taken a hostage yourself and you keep a loaded gun to your own head and threatening the EU - give us what we want or else we will shoot ourself in the head Laughing Laughing Laughing

Here are the full facts, from place called fullfact Laughing

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

44% of UK exports go to EU. And 53% of imports.

Only 8% of EU exports go to the UK.

So potential effect will be on half of the British economy and less then one tenth of the EU economy.

Also if there is no deal the trade of goods will not stop. There will be higher tarrifs for goods, but services will stop.

What will happen is UK consumers will continue buying high quality german cars like BMW, because you do not buy BMW cause its cheap do ya?

And the UK financial services will be decimated with no rights to trade in EU.

It will be bad for both the UK and the EU except, for the EU will be like somebody shoots you in the foot, for the UK will be a clear headshot.

Good luck with the unicorns Laughing

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/

https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/17-3026-industrial-engineering-technicians

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Just incase you missed this VAL , ??

I see Rob is very keen on me answering his questions. Let me make it clear, in case anyone has missed it I want Brexit to fail ok?

One way of achieving that is to have really bad or no deal. From that point of view the bigger the bill the merrier. Because although I am an UK tax payer, if the Brexit fails, there will be no bill to pay ok?

And the life as you have said is not only about money. My opinion is Brexit is very very wrong, getting the UK 100 years backwards. I appreciate that you guys here are decent people, but bear in mind all the racists like Farage, bigots, nutjobs and nasty people like Tommy Robinson are on your team Brexit. Think about it for a second would ya?

If you want open, liberal and integrated Europe as me, Macron, Merkel and more or less any sane person would want, then well we are prepared to spend some money too to make it right.

Funny you have mention this. The UK is in EEA to. And I mean not only as a member of EU, it has signed EEA explicitely, this was EEA requirement.

Only way to exit EEA is to trigger EEA article 127. Article 127 explicitely say the country that wants to leave must give 12 months notice.

If there is no deal until march 2018 and if the UK has not explicitely triggered article 127, the UK will stay in the EEA with the single market and the 4 freedoms.

BTW in order to trigger article 127 Westminster must have Holyrod parliament approval too.

Good luck with Brexit then Laughing

Analyse this Rob Thumbs Up

Well for one, you don't understand the difference between freedom of movement and freedom of Labour one of which in the EEA agreement you have an emergency brake over, (of which is being widely spoken about in the press as what we will negotiate with the German government after the election) and 2, you have not told me how Norway arrange their borders and customs checks with the EU seeing as they're not in the customs union?

Nor do you understand the EFTA court which facilitates and provides the framework for how the eea states apply the ECJ rulings and EU law ,https://www.eftacourt.int/

i think it's plainly obvious you haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about other than posting ill informed rubbish from the likes of the FT and the New European.

The EEA gives you the freedom to stay in the single market, while making your own trade deals outside of the customs union, i don't see how this can be worse?

Oh wait, you still think Brussels makes the laws, they're a rule taker from Geneva now, google it, every single sector has it's own regulatory body, Norway has it's own say, the EU has our say for us, which sounds better? the eu having your say, or your own government?

Time for remainers to wake up, the genie is out of the bottle now, if brexit does fail, which it won't because there's been a vote, we'll just end up with a bad deal for the likes of you where everyone else accepts the fact that concessions have to be made to control migration.

To be honest, the above is contradictory to your above post, we've not left yet and yet you're moaning about banks leaving, they won't be coming back in a hurry so you've got to make the most of it Wink
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Rob was asking and I have answered. I do have said EEA is stupid place to be for anybody.

About " If we leave, the EU lose out more than us."

I am surpised you'd say that I mean do you want to stay? What actually is your point here?

Unless it is the old lame blackmailing game something like give us what we want or else?

Havng said that you realise this is not working? It is like you have taken a hostage yourself and you keep a loaded gun to your own head and threatening the EU - give us what we want or else we will shoot ourself in the head Laughing Laughing Laughing

Here are the full facts, from place called fullfact Laughing

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

44% of UK exports go to EU. And 53% of imports.

Only 8% of EU exports go to the UK.

So potential effect will be on half of the British economy and less then one tenth of the EU economy.

Also if there is no deal the trade of goods will not stop. There will be higher tarrifs for goods, but services will stop.

What will happen is UK consumers will continue buying high quality german cars like BMW, because you do not buy BMW cause its cheap do ya?

And the UK financial services will be decimated with no rights to trade in EU.

It will be bad for both the UK and the EU except, for the EU will be like somebody shoots you in the foot, for the UK will be a clear headshot.

Good luck with the unicorns Laughing

Which city is it that has most of the financial services in that service the EU member states debts? Laughing

yeh it's wont even happen , there's a reason ~Frankfurt and Paris never took off, their restrictive labour laws, random time zone and lack of a skilled workforce will mean it would take decades to build up a financial centre even half as good as London.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:

'AUTOMATION RISK LEVEL You are doomed' Laughing

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

The EEA gives you the freedom to stay in the single market, while making your own trade deals outside of the customs union, i don't see how this can be worse?

Oh wait, you still think Brussels makes the laws, they're a rule taker from Geneva now, google it, every single sector has it's own regulatory body, Norway has it's own say, the EU has our say for us, which sounds better? the eu having your say, or your own government?

Actually if you think EEA is the way to go that will make a lot of people in the EU happy including me. Because we will keep the single market and we will get rid of the British veto. Bonus we will kick out the racist Farage and the UKIP morons out of the EU parliament for good. The more I look the more I like this Laughing

Just FYI:

Quote:
The non-EU members of the EEA are not represented in Institutions of the European Union such as the European Parliament or European Commission. This situation has been described as “fax democracy”, with Norway waiting for their latest legislation to be faxed from the Commission

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Economic_Area

And Norway still pays. There would still be significant financial costs for the UK EEA membership.

Given the fact that I am not optimist for the negotiations, probably EEA will be a good option for a fast resolution of the problem. Fingers crossed Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Juncker, Tusk, Macron and their close colleague Val have been twisting Merkel's arm overnight. Yesterday she said the UK's proposals regarding the rights of EU citizens were "a good start" yet this morning the party line was, "vague, inadequate, below expectations." Makes me think they're determined to sulk about all this. European Statesmen my arse.

The only thing the EU has realistically done for Val is give him a free pass to travel from Bulgaria (?) across many failing European states before finally arriving at his UK destination, which he must have recognised as one of the few economies which gives more than it takes. All Val's subsequent opportunities are UK-derived, not EU. Is a little respect too much to ask? Which EU economy will Val be fleeing to after Brexit?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 39 of 523