Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 24 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Remember while it may not have been the best deal. All the others are to blame for voting it down.

Yup. We would have been legally fully out, before the transition period even started. A hard "Canada+" arrangement. The opportunity should have been grabbed with both hands, but fools, antidemocrats, self-centred and ambitious people killed it both directly and with misinformation. Now, who knows. I would not be surprised if we don't get out at all, but do get a Labour government for the next 10 years, after which, again, who knows. If the Brexit party receive a vote share of say 30% in a general election, they will displace people like boris johnson, yet unfortunately fail to win any seats at all. It's a real mess. A no-deal Brexit seems doomed to failure, again, and even if the eu suffer from bad behaviour by UK MEPs I doubt they will kick us out, unfortunately.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for staying in... or getting out. Either will do! Not this shower of shit in between!

I'm all for a new Labour government too as long as they follow in the finest of communist tradition and execute their leader after gaining power Twisted Evil

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 25 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Just started watching a live feed in time to see Maybot break into tears and run back into No10 and lock the door.

Can't remember her giving a set date for freeing the country from her EU led control though. Just that she will leave soon and she really can't see what a massive stitch up she's done to the country, under orders from the EU.

She'll certainly go down in history, but not for any good reasons.

The only one with the bottle to take on the job of taking us out... All the other tories bottled it as they knew it was a job that was destined to ruin their political life.

Remember while it may not have been the best deal. All the others are to blame for voting it down.

Not sure about bottle, more like suicidal egotist, which would explain her absolute determination to stick to the job to the bitter end, so far beyond her sell by date as to be an embarrassment.

They say a definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing, in the expectation of a different outcome - that makes her certifiable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 25 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

They say a definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing, in the expectation of a different outcome - that makes her certifiable.

So all remainers who want another vote in the hope it will be a different outcome are certifiable? I'll go along with that.

Val should be in Bedlam Laughing Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 25 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's curious that Election Day is different across the EU. It seems likely that the UK result is already known.

https://sl.sbs.com.au/public/image/file/bde4c549-d53b-4036-a58f-10c81e14b7d1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 25 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnout figures are known. Not huge, and it's been suggested that Remain areas had a higher turnout. I know Leavers who, disappointingly, said they were so disillusioned with politics they wouldn't bother to vote again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leonardocarella/status/1131872618452258816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1131872618452258816&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.markpack.org.uk%2F158857%2Fpromising-early-signs-from-european-elections-turnout-figures%2F
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 25 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
We need an additional negative karma rating for 'absolutely fucking delusional'. Either that, or a mental health nurse, because I'm sure Donk has some serious issues going on upstairs.

Is "donk" the same as the plonked green-ink man, beloved of digs and others?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I'm more concerned that the EU has forbid us to count and announce our result until Sunday as it may influence voting in other countries yet to vote, but because the pro EU party won in Holland, somehow the rules are different and the EU are OK to announce the result yesterday to help influence other votes.

That was based on unofficial exit polls just like ours though. It wasn't a EU declaration.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
I'm more concerned that the EU has forbid us to count and announce our result until Sunday as it may influence voting in other countries yet to vote, but because the pro EU party won in Holland, somehow the rules are different and the EU are OK to announce the result yesterday to help influence other votes.

That was based on unofficial exit polls just like ours though. It wasn't a EU declaration.

He's still at it, then. Failure (deliberate?) to understand what an exit poll is. Pffft!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
announced by the EU establishment

Not so. The Dutch Labour Party are celebrating what they believe to be a win (just like Farage) but it's not the official result. Polls can be wrong.
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my voting region and I don't support UKIP but I do hope that Count Dankula and Sargon of Akkad get elected. Been watching a few of their election videos and they're quite funny guys.

Seems all the remoaners that turn up to hurl abuse (and milkshakes) are very white and very middle class.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Not my voting region and I don't support UKIP but I do hope that Count Dankula and Sargon of Akkad get elected.

Had not heard of them before. Um. Not today, thank you.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

If you kept abreast with politics and current affairs, you know, the topic this forum is about, you'd have realised he was the bloke charged and sentenced for Hate Speech for teaching his girlfriends Pug to do a Nazi salute.

It was all over the news and discussed on here. Thumbs Up

I don't think he was a member at the time of it being current affairs...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
he does sound like he started learning about politics a few weeks ago from his Ladybird books.

Why not? Apparently, that's where our politicians get their ideas from these days Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 387 of 523