Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Here comes the rain again.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Here comes the rain again. Reply with quote

Major Flooding over many parts of the U.K.

Video: flash flooding hits northwest UK
- via Weather&Radar
https://weatherandradar.co.uk/ticker/46ef7e49-a48d-4fa0-8ce1-a1b5822b0621

Glue yersels tae the roads now 'Insulate Britain' ya phannies. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's grim up north, winter is coming, etc.

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:03 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy with the extra flavour of some more raw sewage in the rivers and coating the beaches.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tdibs wrote:
Enjoy with the extra flavour of some more raw sewage in the rivers and coating the beaches.

Fortunately, the best beaches in Scotland are in desolate location far from any Burger King/PizzaHut/MacDonalds (Thats the Murican Fast Food outlet not the Murderous bastirts of Glencoe fame.)

The beaches on the 'potentially' excellent Clyde Estuary at: Largs, Ayr, Troon, Girvan, Prestwick and cetera, have been a un-eaten Jobby, Condom and Fanny Pad nursery for years. Sick

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
It's grim up north, winter is coming, etc.

Very mild though Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Tdibs wrote:

Fortunately, the best beaches in Scotland are in desolate location far from any Burger King/PizzaHut/MacDonalds (Thats the Murican Fast Food outlet not the Murderous bastirts of Glencoe fame.)

The beaches on the 'potentially' excellent Clyde Estuary at: Largs, Ayr, Troon, Girvan, Prestwick and cetera, have been a un-eaten Jobby, Condom and Fanny Pad nursery for years. Sick

Beaches?! In Scotland?! When you've got all that glorious mountain scenery to enjoy? What, you want a rain-tan or something? Daft!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Beaches?! In Scotland?! When you've got all that glorious mountain scenery to enjoy? What, you want a rain-tan or something? Daft!

Phuque aff.

How am I spozed to use my jet ski on a mountain side?

Rolling Eyes

Edit:

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/landscapes-nature/beaches/

I've been on two or three of these beaches.

The draw is that they are the edge of several environments. Land, Sea and Air.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Phuque aff.

Rolling Eyes

Edit:

Jet ski?! What the fuck do you want a jet ski for in Scotland where you've got all that lovely mountain scenery to enjoy? Laughing

Only the Scots could come up with the kilt in a semi-arctic environment Rolling Eyes
And no, it's not cos "we're 'ard." Hard is one thing you'll never be in that cold. Not exactly an overpopulated region is it Wink Laughing

Daft!

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Re: Here comes the rain again. Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Major Flooding over many parts of the U.K.

Video: flash flooding hits northwest UK
- via Weather&Radar
https://weatherandradar.co.uk/ticker/46ef7e49-a48d-4fa0-8ce1-a1b5822b0621

Glue yersels tae the roads now 'Insulate Britain' ya phannies. Laughing

During weather like that, I really wish I had some kind of visor wiping device...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:48 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be interested in 'Nobwipe' then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSgGohswX9o

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:05 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran in the bullet today. Can confirm, is very wet... but also mild. Conked out twice when inconsiderate oncoming traffic sent a bow-wave over my air filter.

Probably good conditions for bedding in new piston rings anyway. Spray will keep the engine cool and rain on the air filter will make it run a little rich.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Phuque aff.

Rolling Eyes

Edit:

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/landscapes-nature/beaches/

I've been on two or three of these beaches.

The draw is that they are the edge of several environments. Land, Sea and Air.

I went for a wander along Balnakeil beach many years ago and up on to Faraid head - I was so engrossed by the views and the wildlife I didn't notice where I was wandering until I found myself on a helipad with a mound of what could only have been practice bombs nearby. Turns out it's the range control for Cape Wrath - I was rather surprised not to be chased off. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I found myself on a helipad with a mound of what could only have been practice bombs nearby. Turns out it's the range control for Cape Wrath - I was rather surprised not to be chased off. Laughing

I think usually denoted by some kind of markings in yellow?
In which case, you'd think they'd at least have practised chasing you off. Maybe they were practising a tea break Smile

Best use for Scotland, mind - bomb it Razz

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
I found myself on a helipad with a mound of what could only have been practice bombs nearby. Turns out it's the range control for Cape Wrath - I was rather surprised not to be chased off. Laughing

I think usually denoted by some kind of markings in yellow?
In which case, you'd think they'd at least have practised chasing you off. Maybe they were practising a tea break Smile

Best use for Scotland, mind - bomb it Razz

I suspect a tea/lunch/fag break. The control building is actually black and yellow chequered if I remember correctly so I really was distracted. Laughing

I seem to remember green and also yellow colours on the bombs - I suspect they were quite old although why practice bombs on the ranges I have no idea - it's a live fire range. If you go up to Cape Wrath itself there are notices about live ordnance all over the place. We get the jets and EW type planes flying over when there's a joint exercise - noisy buggers. Laughing

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wet enough here in East Anglia to put you off a pleasure ride to the coast for chips Sad .

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Wet enough here in East Anglia to put you off a pleasure ride to the coast for chips Sad .

Eating fish and chips from paper whilst slumped in a canvas deckchair in a deluge is what British seaside visits are all about.

(Usually alone too as the Mrs. pissed off back to the b&b in a strop. Rolling Eyes )

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:51 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
pepperami wrote:

Eating fish and chips from paper whilst slumped in a canvas deckchair in a deluge is what British seaside visits are all about.

(Usually alone too as the Mrs. pissed off back to the b&b in a strop. Rolling Eyes )

Smile true as a true thing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1