Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone Remember the Fire in Ghey Paris?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Anyone Remember the Fire in Ghey Paris? Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/11213298

A lot of promise. But the big knobs are keeping their hands on their half-pennies. (1/2 Centimes)

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds tight at first but I guess the fabulously wealthy didn't get there by pissing money away on poorly thought out practices. They want to know their money is working to rebuild the cathedral, not being wasted or syphoned off. A bit of enforced business acumen probably wouldn't do the church any harm. It could be that they pledged money for prestige reasons though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Sounds tight at first but I guess the fabulously wealthy didn't get there by pissing money away on poorly thought out practices. They want to know their money is working to rebuild the cathedral, not being wasted or syphoned off. A bit of enforced business acumen probably wouldn't do the church any harm. It could be that they pledged money for prestige reasons though.

I agree with the above.

Big businesses giving big dollars always want to know how their money is spent.

I saw it numerous times with Shell. Every penny donated would be scrutinised. Money would always be given in stages so bad practices could be controlled or stopped. They were pretty paranoid about it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:16 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the business acumen but 'reportedly' the big names haven't pledged a cent.
They are relying on the charity of others to do a bit of the ground work.
They could maybe have paid for the bloody barrier tape and Hard hats for the feasibility study.

Perhaps we don't know all the facts.

🤔

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if something similar will happen with all those who pledged millions for the Australian bush fires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I wonder if something similar will happen with all those who pledged millions for the Australian bush fires.

There s a thing about pandemic too.
The WHO reported that they need money from people to maintain preventative measures and for research into future health issues that can possible hurt a world population.

Money is promised but hee-haw is forthcoming.

When whatever loses the headlines interest fades with it.

But some plagues are not finished yet.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting point actually. When the bush fires happened, social media was full of the likes of Elton John donating money, and how much they'd given.

Haven't heard anything like that about coronavirus. Surely this is a chance for celebs to virtue signal at the highest degree.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Cummings and his followers doing all they can to make donations to the Coronavirus cause unlikely, because if it takes full effect the virus will reduce the welfare budget as it will kill the old, already sick and the homeless.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to kill immigration as well.

Oh lets get a lot of workers in from some god forsaken sh1thole where a witchdoctor still holds sway and they haven't had any checks.

Um, no, lets not.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:24 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I expect a load with be thrown at it. There's a load of rich old people currently shitting themselves cause the won't be able to avoid it once it starts going rampant through the general population.

Mortality rate only starts to go up in the 40-50 range and once you start getting over 70 it starts reaching 15% or more.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1