View previous topic : View next topic  

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:11 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Aceslock wrote:
Which i am sure OP understands now........ Wink

Do you? Because it's not what you said.

The point I was making is that there are insurance policies that cover no-fault compensation. They're first party policies though: building and contents, income protection, PPI (have you been mis-sold...), or injury cover (although it's usually only for loss of eyes/limbs/head, not a hurted foot).

But that's very different to 3rd party public liability or professional indemnity cover. No blame = no claim = no basis for being covered, or paying out.

Yes Roger i understand....... I wasnt asking the question. There are many types of insurance as you say, Op was just asking for clarification.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:25 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

InB4BadlyNeededEdit.

Aceslock wrote:
This is the reason we pay insurance........to cover 'accidents', not necessarily blaming someone for it.

<Buys microphone>
<Waits patiently for microphone to be delivered>
<Drops microphone>

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:27 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
I'm pretty certain I've seen the same question asked a few times on here (OK at least once).

I had a feeling I'd see the exact same post on here a few months back but I couldn't be arsed searching for it.

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:27 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
InB4BadlyNeededEdit.

Aceslock wrote:
This is the reason we pay insurance........to cover 'accidents', not necessarily blaming someone for it.

<Buys microphone>
<Waits patiently for microphone to be delivered>
<Drops microphone>

Doh silly me Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per usual the OP hasn't returned and everyone's arguing amongst themselves Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:31 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis the season to fite.

Wub

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:35 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just bought the new i-sung smartgalaxy phone, Oops , what a silly twat I broke it, new phone mr insurance ppl?" .....is how most young people seem to view insurance these days

I'm guessing OP doesn't know how motor isurance works, and is simply asking (in his naivete) if the schools policy will cover him for his loss of earnings, and not trying to freeload from our ever-growing, and to my mind, gross and slavish following of 'murican culture of blame seeking and other shit I hate.

Dunno, perhaps OP will honour us with a reply.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:48 - 14 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is similar to the one my instructor told me, at the test centre, while waiting for my mod 1 or 2. He said he'd taken this guy out on the road for his CBT, where he promptly hit his front brake to avoid a car (poor forward planning), and crashed. He suffered injuries requiring hospitalisation and time off from work, and wanted to claim against the riding school, because it's insured. The instructor was dripping with scorn as he described this guy's failed attempts to get compensation, including his threats to sue, etc.

Who knows what happened to the guy.. The story ends with the account of this fallout and breakdown in trust between the parties. I would guess that he went away, healed and eventually took another CBT elsewhere. He may even have a full bike licence right now. We only have one side of the story. My instructor was a c*ck, so if this injured student was also a c*ck, that makes them about even, right? Natural allies? All we be sure of is that the student wasn't back. Turning a misunderstanding of something technical (like insurance, or the law) into interpersonal conflict is bound to do that. So my guess is the user won't be back.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:52 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tawney, this is for you !
Tawney wrote...
My instructor was a c*ck,...if this injured student was also a c*ck,that makes them about even, right?

An English Tutor was exepmlarising about double negatives, and how they always resulted in a positive. He quoted many examples, and finished by saying "...that in no language, can a double positive be construed as a negative..."
A voice was heard from the back of the auditorium....." Yeah, right"
edit. typo

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:31 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
he tried suing us for loss of earning as he wasn't stopped from going past the signs

I need closure on that anecdote!

Ste wrote:
Tis the season to fite.

Wub

wuts dis "season"? Mad

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:32 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:
"Just bought the new i-sung smartgalaxy phone, Oops , what a silly twat I broke it, new phone mr insurance ppl?" .....is how most young people seem to view insurance these days

I'm guessing OP doesn't know how motor isurance works, and is simply asking (in his naivete) if the schools policy will cover him for his loss of earnings, and not trying to freeload from our ever-growing, and to my mind, gross and slavish following of 'murican culture of blame seeking and other shit I hate.

Dunno, perhaps OP will honour us with a reply.

Nothing to do with their motor insurance and everything to do with their liability insurance.

SkyBadger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if you could get compensation for falling off your bike on a CBT there would be a national epidemic with people trying to make some fast cash...

Herb Bert
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:42 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a story the admin person at my CBT centre told me of a student they had over the summer this year.

Basically, they had a girl who was on her CBT, did well in the compound and then went out onto the streets ….she was doing well until for some reason she seemed to have got so overwhelmed by the gravity of being out on the road, on a motorised vehicle, exposed to the elements and with no cage- that she got a panic attack which then escalated to some kind of seizure –

Fortunately, the instructor had noted she was a bit wobbly and come alongside her…to see what was going on—and just in time – on seeing him and noting his disapproval and what it meant (fail?) - she fainted …..and …right into the instructors arms!

Cue instructor call to base for a rider to collect student bike while he lays student down on the ground, onlookers offering water, concerned citizens asking if an ambulance should be called… …etc etc…

Long story short--- she had to re-book the CBT.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--pQYTSnNK--/dmlpokxddethm8ozsddl.jpg

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb Bert wrote:
Reminds me of a story the admin person at my CBT centre told me of a student they had over the summer this year.

Basically, they had a girl who was on her CBT, did well in the compound and then went out onto the streets ….she was doing well until for some reason she seemed to have got so overwhelmed by the gravity of being out on the road, on a motorised vehicle, exposed to the elements and with no cage- that she got a panic attack which then escalated to some kind of seizure –

Fortunately, the instructor had noted she was a bit wobbly and come alongside her…to see what was going on—and just in time – on seeing him and noting his disapproval and what it meant (fail?) - she fainted …..and …right into the instructors arms!

Cue instructor call to base for a rider to collect student bike while he lays student down on the ground, onlookers offering water, concerned citizens asking if an ambulance should be called… …etc etc…

I would totally've taken her into the bushes and slipped her a length!!

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:36 - 15 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb Bert wrote:

In six months time once she'd got her license back?

Kaya75
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:37 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
I want to know how you pancaked your foot that badly from a presumably low speed drop on a light weight 125 or lower.

I've dropped my 650 on my foot wearing flip flops with nothing more than a bruise.

don't I messed my foot up falling of a curb... 20 years ago.. still plays up.

I dropped a railway sleeper on the other a few years back and nothing wrong with it once the swearing had died down!! the feet and hands are freekin complex structures super strong one way super fragile the next.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else reading this thread with a pop-up ad asking if you were injured at work through no fault of your own.
lol the irony.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:52 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you've got adware on your computer, you might want to fix that. Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaya75 wrote:

don't I messed my foot up falling of a curb... 20 years ago..

Laughing I broke my ankle stepping over a large sleeping dog and putting my leading foot down funny.... Click...
Mine still gives me jip in winter.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rogerborg"]
andyscooter wrote:
he tried suing us for loss of earning as he wasn't stopped from going past the signs

I need closure on that anecdote!
quote]

After costing the boss about 4 grand in solicitor fees he got told to do one as they had less than 50% chance of winning and didnt want to risj having to pay
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2