Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Street Triple Launch 10.01.2017

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Street Triple Launch 10.01.2017 Reply with quote

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69237785/Bike.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69237785/Dash1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69237785/Dash2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eSG0NnuzmC0

Dash looks snazzy

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean there'll be loads of the 'old' ones available early next year... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Somehow I doubt, based on that video, that the looks are changing much...

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:11 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a rumour they've increased capacity due to increased competition. It'll be interesting to see if this turns out true...

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
I've heard a rumour they've increased capacity due to increased competition. It'll be interesting to see if this turns out true...

765 probably, latest electronic wizardry, ride by wire, maybe led out the box like big brother and a slipper clutch wouldn't go amiss (one can hope)

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't surprise me, as I believe the 675 engine won't pass the new Euro Regs which come in next year.

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Bozzy wrote:

765 probably, latest electronic wizardry, ride by wire, maybe led out the box like big brother and a slipper clutch wouldn't go amiss (one can hope)

Why would you want a slipper clutch on a bike that weighs the same as a box of jaffa cakes?

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:

Why would you want a slipper clutch on a bike that weighs the same as a box of jaffa cakes?

cos i'm a lazy shit and not having to blip before downshifting would mean one less thing to do. Not saying it's essential but wouldn't say no... would much rather have a quickshifter (getting one fitted on the striple soon), but it's unlikely that will come as standard...

Last edited by owl on 23:14 - 21 Dec 2016; edited 1 time in total

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:

Apparently the Daytona is no longer (as there's not a big enough demand) and the Triple 675 is to be replaced by the Triple 800. I was told this by an employee who works at Triumph Birmingham.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I'll be on one fairly early as triumph usually hammer me with promo emails.
Dash does look nice although I do like mine, maybe there'll be an option to emulate a previous layout on the screen.
That'd be cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:00 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
Bozzy wrote:

Apparently the Daytona is no longer (as there's not a big enough demand) and the Triple 675 is to be replaced by the Triple 800. I was told this by an employee who works at Triumph Birmingham.

I guess the MT09 is the biggest competitor, if they can get MT09 levels of grunt whilst retaining the light weight and handling of the old 675 I'm sure they'll be onto a winner.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge revamp of Triumphs range this and next year.

I don't know what is truth and what is rumour but things I have gleaned.....

800cc ish Striple and Daytona and the end of the 675 engine.

End of the 1050 engine so the last of the Speed/Sprint/Tiger in that guise.

End of the Rocket 3.

So range will consist of the Bonneville style and hipster bikes of varying capacity.

The 800 and 1215 Tigers.

Trophy. (as much as I love mine, it isn't doing what Triumph wanted as in selling as well as the BMW)

Bigger Striple and the bigger Daytona (maybe).

155mph
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Does this mean there'll be loads of stolen ones next year... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.

FTFY.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fuel gauge would be 'modern' if you like that sort of thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
A fuel gauge would be 'modern' if you like that sort of thing.

I don't mind not having one tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
cos i'm a lazy shit and not having to blip before downshifting would mean one less thing to do. Not saying it's essential but wouldn't say no... would much rather have a quickshifter (getting one fitted on the striple soon), but it's unlikely that will come as standard...

This isn't a 1000cc+ twin. It really doesn't need a slipper clutch, or a blip. Bang it down, release the clutch (progressively or abruptly as required), and use the engine braking. You'd have to really abuse it to break traction. Or clutchless shift. It's not as smooth as a quickshifter/auto-blipper, but it's really quite slick on the 675.

Personally, I don't think the 675 Street needs any fancy stuff. It's brilliance is it's simplicity, and the race bred chassis/engine. It also doesn't really need more capacity to 'compete' - I'd choose the 675 engine over the MT-09 any day. It would be disappointing if Triumph just stick the longer stroke/lazier Tiger 800 engine in the Street. Unless the capacity change brings another 20bhp+, in which case it could be interesting.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 22 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex A wrote:

This isn't a 1000cc+ twin. It really doesn't need a slipper clutch, or a blip. Bang it down, release the clutch (progressively or abruptly as required), and use the engine braking. You'd have to really abuse it to break traction. Or clutchless shift. It's not as smooth as a quickshifter/auto-blipper, but it's really quite slick on the 675.

Personally, I don't think the 675 Street needs any fancy stuff. It's brilliance is it's simplicity, and the race bred chassis/engine. It also doesn't really need more capacity to 'compete' - I'd choose the 675 engine over the MT-09 any day. It would be disappointing if Triumph just stick the longer stroke/lazier Tiger 800 engine in the Street. Unless the capacity change brings another 20bhp+, in which case it could be interesting.

Supposedly based on market research conducted by Triumph from customer feedback earlier this year... guess we'll find out in 13 days...

https://images1.revzilla.com/blog_content_image/image/20001/gallery/5StreetTripleRange.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:39 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna get on that test ride first day. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 29 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT version looks good Wub

After having tyre pressure monitoring on my Trophy I have to say it is one of my favourite 'I love this' toys. Thumbs Up

mkjackary
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:58 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incase anyone has forgot, there will be a stream on the Triumph website of the reveal today at 1700hrs.

Link here https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/game-changer?from=HPR

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

7pm I believe... and according to your link

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:
Incase anyone has forgot, there will be a stream on the Triumph website of the reveal today at 1700hrspm.

FTFY Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:25 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late, but...
Albigularis wrote:

Why would you want a slipper clutch on a heavy bike?

If anything, I'd expect a light bike to be more likely to lock up the rear than a light bike when gearing down at high rpm.
It's also more likely to disrupt the suspension when doing so I'd say, presuming you haven't just lost all the weight from the wheels. (Ratio of sprung to unsprung mass better on the heavier bike.)

To be fair; never really bothered me on the road, but have recently sorted one out for my track 675.

I wonder if the new engine will slot into an older chassis, as I've also got a 675 chassis with a dead engine.... Razz
(Alas if that table is correct, it'd need a chunk of money spending to get the most of the extra 75cc on track.)

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

no prices yet, wonder if "she who must be obeyed" will notice if I swap my 13 white R for a 17 white R? at least they've fitted decent suspension, big piston forks and showa instead of WP

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex A wrote:

Oh wow, look at that, both R and RS have slip assist...

Also I took your shitty advice as I thought I may be being over cautious and under estimating the bikes ability, banged it down a gear without a blip, released clutch fairly slowly and guess what? Back wheel jumped, real fucking surprise!

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Alex A wrote:

Oh wow, look at that, both R and RS have slip assist...

Also I took your shitty advice as I thought I may be being over cautious and under estimating the bikes ability, banged it down a gear without a blip, released clutch fairly slowly and guess what? Back wheel jumped, real fucking surprise!

????? On what bike was this please?

If it was on a Street Triple then I've no idea how you managed that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4