Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CBR 125 weight modifications,performance enhancers etc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

htef made someone flounce Laughing

and it wasn't from boredom Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

definitelyinc...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:39 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I declare my retirement from BCF and shall reappear only when I've passed mod 2 and have a real bike.

Ow poor thing :'(

You don't have to, but they're suggesting that you make more realistic posts rather than fantasizing, if I were you I'd grab a 2012+ er6n, totally not biased at all, yep, I'm out.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:48 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
I've already paid for my lessons- it only took a week of work during the christmas holidays- the guy said to just tell him a month to two in advance when I'm ready to do it (but I have to do it within a year of booking it or I lose my money but that's plenty of time)

You have to tell him a month or two before doing the lessons you've already paid for? Confused

Do the training and tests asap as you've nothing to gain from putting them off

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapt0r1997 wrote:

You don't have to, but they're suggesting that you make more realistic posts rather than fantasizing

Mr Pot; meet Mr B Kettle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:09 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapt0r1997 wrote:

You don't have to, but they're suggesting that you make more realistic posts rather than fantasizing, if I were you I'd grab a 2012+ er6n, totally not biased at all, yep, I'm out.

I agree.

You should then also talk non stop shite about said commuter bike on internet forums before promptly smashing it into a London kerb at the first opportunity

definitelyinc...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:13 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie Lad wrote:
rapt0r1997 wrote:

I agree.

You should then also talk non stop shite about said commuter bike on internet forums before promptly smashing it into a London kerb at the first opportunity

EDITED: I'll just ignore all future posts from you.

Last edited by definitelyincompetent on 14:28 - 27 Dec 2016; edited 1 time in total

notabikeranym...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapt0r1997 wrote:
flouncy flouncy bouncy stuffs

https://media.giphy.com/media/RHiD0K65NxxLO/giphy.gif

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:38 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame he deleted the multi paragraph turbo flounce
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:25 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
Alright I lied... I'm sorry but I can't stay away that long-I'm back...

I just bought the CBR- Almost brand new 15 plate 1000 miles on it. this costs more than an early used er6n or a gladius which will be my next purchase when I sell it - and all the A2 stuff is paid for so money's not an issue- only skill is lacking so no excuses anymore in a few months- and like I said I will sell it in a few months when I feel it's all second nature. (should be given I'll ride it minimum 3 hours every single day for deliveries)

Edit: or if I feel less boring maybe save up a bit more in those few months and get the MT-07- the chosen bike will last 2 years after all- that's ages to feel bored.

(see? the wild dreams and yip yap have somewhat stopped Smile )- pictures of me on it below

Anyway I rode it 30 miles from east (dealership) to west London to show buddy and then back home 70 miles from buddy's on national speed limit countryside twisties at night- just totally pitch black! (gets dark fiveish now)- I don't understand do drivers drive at 60mph on twisties when virtually less than 10 feet ahead can be seen, how motorcyclists do it astounds me- during daytime I look far ahead into the bend on the bike but at night I don't have that anymore... went super super slow when I saw those chicane signs with my headlights. I enjoyed London really great fun but the second stage at dark just not fun at all at- I've done those roads fine during the day and enjoyed them but how do I get rid of that fear of maxing it when I can't see far ahead... no other bikers who passed me seemed to have an issue...

Oh.. I stupidly forgot to bring a clear visor Rolling Eyes only had the dark smoke so had the choice of being totally blind or having eyes stung with visor up Laughing - man they were so bloodshot after

BCF still doesn't believe. Post a photo with some Walls sausages on the tank. (Or Tesco Finest if you're a bit posh).

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:

how do I get rid of that fear of maxing it when I can't see far ahead... no other bikers who passed me seemed to have an issue...

Oh.. I stupidly forgot to bring a clear visor Rolling Eyes only had the dark smoke so had the choice of being totally blind or having eyes stung with visor up Laughing - man they were so bloodshot after

think I can spot the problem here

are you really that daft to no realise this yourself Laughing

also don't try riding as quick at night as in the day you cant see obstacles as easily

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 10:56 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Arcane1729 wrote:
Alright I lied... I'm sorry but I can't stay away that long-I'm back...
BCF still doesn't believe.
Incredible, isn't it, the massive can muster such enthusiasm even to care so much as to retain that skepticism.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
(Or Tesco Finest if you're a bit posh).

You mean there's another type of sausage than these?
I've tried loads of different ones and their pack of 12 chipolatas are without a doubt my favourite.
As for the OP... No idea, but I felt compelled to chip in about the sausages.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:29 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for getting a bike. Thumbs Up

Slow down - those Nite Ridas probably know the road very well, which won't help them in the slightest when they hit a patch of ice or mud or diesel or a badger.

JDM Corsa, super-legit.

https://i.imgur.com/0hHyFcg.png

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the baclon and cheese test

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:31 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:

did 0-8 secs for 0-60 (other than the Mazda Rx-8 which has reliability issues with rotary engine). He wanted performance over looks apparently. I asked what the silly red thing was and he said it was for towing cars when they crash or breakdown on racetrack... he's a wannable racecar driver!
For such a small budget (<£2000)- he's made it look and sound real nice though to be fair- new exhaust, black rims, new sound system etc... everyone at his uni loved it apparently...
Please just fuck right off with that utter shite. The quoted 0-60 from parkers on a 1.2 SXI 16v is 12-13 seconds, thats a fair way off 8 seconds. RX-8s are not even comparable to a Corsa, you're retarded if you think so.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^
Well that saved me a post... Unless it has an undeclared red top engine in it of course. Wink
But yeah, my 300bhp S3 quattro still could only manage 5.5 seconds.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 15:01 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rx-8 could probably tow your mates corsa using his little red powaaahh race track leet nurburgring edition strap to 60 in 8 seconds, but thats about it Laughing .

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the powerplant...it's still a Corsa, and it's still shit.

RX8 is in another league all together and the reliability issues are somewhat exaggerated provided the car has been properly cared for. It isn't a Corsa after all, it's a niche motor that needs more attention. Admittedly it can be a bit of a lottery finding a good one although I believe the coil packs on the R3s were much more reliable.

I think the trouble with a lot of you 'car guys' is that they just want to have fun squirting in a straight line up and down dual carriageways. I know a guy with a tuned Civic Type R and I asked him what his favourite road was. He named a dual carriageway with a 60mph speed limit that's got maybe 4 shallow bends. Said he hates back roads in it. I suspect a lack of skill.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 16:26 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
^^
Well that saved me a post... Unless it has an undeclared red top engine in it of course. Wink
But yeah, my 300bhp S3 quattro still could only manage 5.5 seconds.

One of the lads when I was at uni managed to run a first generation Quatro on a grant cheque..... ish.

We DID of course presume it was a 1.6GT on mummy's insurance, with a body kit... which it 'was' sort of... at least on paper!

His uncle was in the trade, and had acquired a genuine quatro as a write-off, and the lad rebodied it with the shell from a 1.6GT that had come into the yard doing a steam-engine impression, over his summer holiday; then blagged mummy to insure it on the monthlies.

It WAS for 1991, a VERY quick car for a student....

Occasionally

VERY occasionally!

After handing over the money he owed mummy for the insurance each term, he rarely had the money to put petrol in it! And when he DID, seldom dared let the blower spool up, or he'd be pushing it home!

It was amusing, when his housemates convinced him to take them to do a grocery run, and clubbed together to get him £20's worth of go-juice! Three teenage lads sat in it, jumping up and down yelling "Faster Faster" whilst he sat in the driver's seat gesticulating making excuses whilst being over taken by pensioners on the pavement waving thier walking sticks! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7