World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he a gazillionaire yet?

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:44 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Is he a gazillionaire yet?

Turns out OP died while listening to Abba - Money, Money, Money full blast out his newly acquired lexmoto on the way home, he got too excited by his potential profits and binned it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:19 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

freyuk wrote:
Paying 1/3 of the original price seems stupendous.

It does, but there's a sucker born every minute.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:34 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
You done a registration check on it???

Yeah its stolen.
(sarcasm ofc.)

Rogerborg wrote:
It does, but there's a sucker born every minute.

I know right. Happened with the 16y/o too idiot for selling it to me for £400.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bought it for £400 and did the reg check afterwards?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

He's jesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

He's jesting.

Given some of the shit he's come out with, I would have wholeheartedly believed that he hadn't checked it.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:05 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Read below "Yeah its stolen. "

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:21 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly given the extra expenses I dont think its worth it... I very much doubt youll get 1000 back from selling it... 800 if your lucky.

i paid 250 for my XTRS but it was also being sold pretty much down the road form me (30 odd miles admittedly...) When i sell it I might make about 500 if im lucky.

I admit the Venom is a pretty bike... i actually prefer it to the XTRS, its also a little better (a tinsy bit more power)

But given the distance and the extra costs... I dont think 500 quid is worth it. Not for a bike youve not tested and had no real details of...

At the least do all the finance checks on the bike. Make sure its not got any hidden shite attached to it.

At least exspect to buy new tyres, maybe some other little bits and peaces... That would add 100 quid at least to your costs...

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:24 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait... you paid for it and then you found out its stolen? D:

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:28 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Oh wait... you paid for it and then you found out its stolen? D:

Please tell me you did it through some sort of secure means like... paypal or credit card? and not cash?

Because if the bikes stolen. You dont own it. The owner owns it and you just had your money stolen off you.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying he didn't get it because he did a check which told him that it's stolen (at least I hope that's what he means).

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:47 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope so Smile

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:53 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after 270 painful ad long miles. Im Home had an absoloute disaster when i first got there on Sunday. Got there, bike seemed good test rode it they gave me free diner from their restuarant and started to ride home at around 18:00. Bearing in mind i left my house at 11:00 AM. 5-10 miles in i reaise theres a problem. Bike bogs and shuts down wont even idle when stood still. Kept trying. And trying. Untill free recovery came and insisted i should be transported to their secure parking compound lot. Turns out wasnt so bad there! Tea, coffe, water, tables and chairs and a heater. So whilst staying there, i checked out the bike, found out: There was a little amount of fuel, fuel pump tap was set on the reserve. Idle screw hadnt even been adjusted for it to idle. And the battery, well was dead. (He hadn't rode it for 6 weeks). After sorting out all those problems. It was perfect and what did it cost me? £7-10 of petrol. Battery charged up after i had given it a few test rides and the next morning (this morning) woke up at 5AM (went to sleep at 2AM) couldn't sleep on the tables... And there I began the 270 mile journey back home. Boy was it freezing! These 'winter' gloves that i have werent so good. My hands went all numb and swollen everytime i pulled over to warm them up. So back home now. Do i think i should've done it, yes and no. Yes it was a great experience riding through extremly nice valleys, towns, thousands of sheep and no police (at the start). But it would have been much easier and quicker with the van. If i ever go on something like this again, going to buy Personal Cover from AA. Now heres where shit went bad really quick. So riding along and i feel like something fell but check around the bike and dont notice anything that fell. Here i am 100 miles later and a police car is behind me pulling me over with its sirens. What did I get? 3 points on my license and £100 fine (dont care about the fine, care about the damn points!) L plate on the back had snapped off. told him it was there showed him a picture and everything, he didnt give a damn. For those that stayed for the read thanks Smile I dont think i even want to sell the bike anymore, its sooooo incredibly easy to handle, the suspensions and acceleratiion compared to my last bike. Spectacular. Want to make modifications to the bike but i dont want the warranty void... Anyways, enough of being Tef and time to get some rest.

Forgot to add, the bike was not stolen I was just joking around with Bubbs.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving you a green blob for effort young feller me lad
bad luck on the plod being arseholes

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
3 points on my license and £100 fine (dont care about the fine, care about the damn points!) L plate on the back had snapped off. told him it was there showed him a picture and everything, he didnt give a damn.

I'd be fighting that tooth and nail, keep the piccies, you were not aware it had snapped off, and can show it was on there when you bought it (I presume you took pictures yourself?). That's just me though, I'm stubborn like that.

Congrats on getting it. I still don't think you'll make anything on it, but the trip itself is fun. Next - Get good gloves, and some silk inners.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:10 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh glad things turned out ok... And its not stolen :p phew... As for the L plate... you have proof it was there before you set off... Contest the fine and points. Show proof...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
f**k doing 240 miles at this time of year

Yeah checking you've got enough fuel before you set off is a good idea =) Be sure to factor the increase in insurance premium into your profit margin.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I'd be fighting that tooth and nail, keep the piccies, you were not aware it had snapped off, and can show it was on there when you bought it

The offence is not to be displaying; mitigation isn't defence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:19 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
a police car is behind me pulling me over with its sirens.

Why?

Dimerz wrote:
What did I get? 3 points on my license and £100 fine

You've got nothing yet. At most (custard test), you'll have been given a penalty charge notice offering you the opportunity to pay a £100 bribe and admit to riding otherwise than in accordance with a license. On that basis, you might as well have been on a Fireblade.

I'd be minded to take that one to court, and I'd consider pleading guilty. Bear with me. While there's no specific defence, the amount of the penalty is up to the magistrates to decide. Take copies of the Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, and the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989, and refer to sections 36 and 23 respectively, which countenance the possibility of defects occurring during a journey.

Blub a bit, ask for an absolute discharge or fewer points. The gamble is that they bum you for more, including a "victim surcharge".

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:08 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I totally agree with Roger and that is a good shout - the lolz would be lulzy if you rocked up at the Madgies and they chucked you a grand fine Laughing

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I'd be fighting that tooth and nail, keep the piccies, you were not aware it had snapped off, and can show it was on there when you bought it

The offence is not to be displaying; mitigation isn't defence.

I know a young lad that took it to magistrates. His mate was a wannabee vlogger, and caught it falling off on camera. Copper didn't give a fuck (easy target). He fought it, they dismissed it, and one of them got right uppity with the copper for wasting time.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late to the party...

But for next time:

https://www.shiply.com/

Effectively Man with Van bid against each other to fight to get your business. Use it regularly for large items.

Last time it was a 350L trigon aquarium off Ebay. Sit back and wait for it to arrive.

Was far cheaper than renting a van myself. (Around half the cost).

Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4