240 Miles for a cheap 2016 bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:13 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Yeah checking you've got enough fuel before you set off is a good idea =) Be sure to factor the increase in insurance premium into your profit margin.

It said i have enough fuel like half a tank, but when i looked inside it looked a little empty, and the fuel tap was set to reserve so that could have messed it up.

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Congrats on getting it. I still don't think you'll make anything on it, but the trip itself is fun. Next - Get good gloves, and some silk inners.

Thinking heated grips do they help alot or not as much as good gloves would do?

Dont know if I will contest the fine and points. The bike didnt have a front L plate. Thats the big thing I missed out in the post. Not sure why it didnt have one on the front as it should have done when he bought it. The copper even said if i had a front L plate on there, he may have considered letting me go. The court would also be around 80-90 miles away. Anyways, i bought 2 sticky L plates when i had 60-70 miles to go and put the sticky L plate below my number plate using the left over of the last L plate to squeeze it and secure it. And ofcourse put the one on the front. Dam is my bike really dirty though. It looked brand new when i was first there, apart from the dust. But now its all muddy.

Oh and a bit scared that i may have put too much oil in the engine and just read the problems that can happen with too much oil. Will check the bike out today and see the voltage readings of the battery. Adjust air flow mixture (really needs it) and probably give it a clean if i can be bothered today.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's going to be a lovely little killer endorsement code to stick down on your insurance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:41 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
That's going to be a lovely little killer endorsement code to stick down on your insurance.

When and if i get a new insurance D:

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest... What reason did they give for pulling you over initially? They didn't know your L plate had fallen off at that point?

just a spot check?

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:10 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
Out of interest... What reason did they give for pulling you over initially? They didn't know your L plate had fallen off at that point?

just a spot check?

They must've ran my plate as they stayed behind me for a bit and they pulled me over and asked where my L plate was. Oh I was shocked but couldnt really express it well as i didnt want them to think i was lying.

First time I had a police car behind me and not a great first experience with cops. They really do discourage you from riding bikes tbh. Why dont they go after the thieving bastards in London with no plates at all?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:19 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
asked where my L plate was.

Where your L plates were.

To lose one plate may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.

Presumably your pictures that show the rear plate in place will also show the front one missing. So I amend the advice to: take the points, pay the bribe, and chalk that one up to very expensive experience. It's a daft, counter-productive law, but it's not that hard to comply with it.

No hassle over insurance or VED?

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:27 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
To lose one plate may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.

Exactly why i dont want to go against their decision.

Rogerborg wrote:
No hassle over insurance or VED?

What do you mean by this? It says here they will find out about it if they want to but the points wont affect me unless i take a new policy.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:34 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means did you tax and insure the bike in your own name before riding off on it and, if not, did they give you stick for that too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:58 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
He means did you tax and insure the bike in your own name before riding off on it and, if not, did they give you stick for that too?

I did tax and insure it on my own name, had to take a new insurance out as i couldnt change the vehicle over as they didnt work on sunday or monday. New insurance meant another deposit but i still bought it from the same company so just called them now and they said they will cancel my last insurance but only getting £75.58 refund in 7-10 working days.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this 'bargain' is getting more expensive by the day

155mph
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

OP admits to only having the one L plate at the time of offence.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
so just called them now and they said they will cancel my last insurance but only getting £75.58 refund in 7-10 working days.

Why don't you cancel the new policy you've taken out within the 14 days as that'll still be in the cooling off period, and then get your existing insurer to do the swap?

You've really knackered yourself every which way here haven't you Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

155mph wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

OP admits to only having the one L plate at the time of offence.

Exactly; it's the point he is making.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:21 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Dimerz wrote:
so just called them now and they said they will cancel my last insurance but only getting £75.58 refund in 7-10 working days.

Why don't you cancel the new policy you've taken out within the 14 days as that'll still be in the cooling off period, and then get your existing insurer to do the swap?

You've really knackered yourself every which way here haven't you Laughing

Wouldnt matter. Still would have to pay £50 for cancelling it £25 for in the 14day cool period and £25 for getting it from a insurance compare site. And then I'd still have to pay £50 to change the vehicle over on the old insurance.

Quick question, does it even mater if i keep my Warranty valid as the dealership is in South Devon?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you had a week to pre plan and took out a policy like that. Wow.

Check those terms again as they're the most penal I've ever seen.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experience shows us when to hold em and when to fold em...

There's not a chance that you'd have tempted me there, even if the bike was a free pickup.

Anyhow, enjoy your bike and points.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:54 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Anyhow, enjoy your bike and points.

Lol, Thanks?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:56 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such fast, very accelerate.

Such chink, 1 winter maybe.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:31 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Such fast, very accelerate.

Such chink, 1 winter maybe.

Friend had a Lexmoto Adrenaline 125 for maybe 3-4 years, never skipped a heart beat. We'll see how this one goes, i do doubt the chinese bikes ofcourse. But proper looking after and it will be alright.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:38 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
But proper looking after and it will be alright.

Praying
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4