Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

resting heart rate is in the low 50s

but my body fat is a consistent 15% and has been for about a year

Crying or Very sad can't face the effort involved to get it back to 13% Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diagnosed with arthritis affecting my shoulders and my spine. Bit shit at 33 years old. Had an op on one shoulder 9 weeks ago and still struggling to get out and train. My back is giving me problems over rotating my knee so running is limited to once a week.

Still doing a marathon this year. Determined to. Loads of ice and loads of codeine should help.

Proper training starts now. Start weight 203 lbs. Target under 185 lbs which was my weight the last time I ran a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 13 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

starting to get to grips with Strava, I used some 3rd party app on a windows phone and uploaded the route

https://www.strava.com/activities/940247960?fb_action_ids=10154262586161207&fb_action_types=fitness.runs&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1704674672882714%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22fitness.runs%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

3.3miles with a pace of 8minutes a mile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 14 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite pleased to have run that two days after a 10k, hope to do a short run tomorrow

I am training around aches and pains, and slowly building up speed and distance. Will start running to and from the run club meets soon, and building up distance.

Did my usual dips, press ups, squats, pull ups tonight, and a kettle bell routine too. Up to 109 press ups across 5 sets. Soon be pushing my personal best which I think is 120.

First time this year I've got this high.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 15 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
resting heart rate is in the low 50s

My resting HR has not improved, and running HR its always somewhere near max, 175+.

Had a strava segment CR about a year, somone stole it on sunday, beat me by 1 second. Tried to get it back and smashed it by 12 seconds. Went for an hour swim after to relax the legs, got bad cramp and stuck in the pool Embarassed

Im half way on this months climbing challenge, plan is to finish it this week doing hill repeats.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just getting into Strava, don't really understand it yet

but following a few people from my running club who put up running and cycling routes, will try them out later in the week

10k run today, need to rest up now big days trail ride into Essex on Thursday.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

slacked off weights and stuff Confused

but ran 10k Tuesday

trail riding all day yesterday

and today I just rode my push bike 15.5miles in 1hr 13

https://www.strava.com/activities/951402202

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran 3 miles today, 25 mins, part trail part paved.

Tues 10k

Thu 3 mile
Fri 3 mile

First time I've run 3 "proper" runs in a week. Little sore now, won't do any more cardio until Monday night, when I will do non-impact, either rowing machine or cycling, then running club Tue night.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been doing some long runs followed by an hours swimming. Im told the swimming will trigger but help prevent the calf cramp I have been getting, usually at the bottom of a very steep and fast hill.

Doing the 3.5km strava may climb challenge. The last was 2k, found it easy, done in 6 runs. Plan to do this one in 8-10 runs and some of them will be epic.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. Thumbs Up

Tonight I ran just over 8 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/967945164?fb_action_ids=10154312068101207&fb_action_types=fitness.runs&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1404240489619064%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22fitness.runs%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cycled 100 miles over the bank holiday, 70 mile round trip to watch the Tour de Yorkshire on saturday and 30 miles on Monday with the club

Kind of slacked off on the turbo trainer due to having to decorate and do some diy at the start of april.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep getting flat tyre on my bicycle

going to have to take wheel and tyre off and carefully check both, as something must keep catching the tube

anyway, it did mean I ran to and from my running club I suppose

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got back on the climbing wall this week on Monday after a good time away

I felt heavy and even with all my recent exercise lifting bikes out of ditches, Cool I felt weak as well. Crying or Very sad
I had the good sense to stop short of injuring myself by over doing it and trying to climb stuff I could do months ago
when I was fitter. Maybe I'm just heavier and that's where it's going a bit wrong right now. Got to do a concrete pad for a
shed out in my garden, I was going to hire a mixer. I'm going to do it with a shovel and spot board and knock up manually instead.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 08:55 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work has got in the way of getting some exercise recently which is annoying. I did squeeze in a 4.5 mile run before 7am this morning, I'm trying to make time for exercise, we'll see how long that lasts though.

Does anyone incorporate some stretching into their daily routine? I feel a bit tight in the legs sometimes and it's one of those things I think I should do a bit more of.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and do some basic stretching when I've finished cycling but I'm not religious about it.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

2015 or 2014 a couple of people were posting about why stretching is bad for you, I think it was G or grr, posting links - I can't remember if they agreed with the links or not now.

Anyway, I don't really stretch before I run, I do stretch a little as part of a warm down.

I just got in after a 3 mile run, on top of the 8mile run I did last night. Sore legs. Will rest up for a couple of days before I run again.

Am thinking about buying some compression sleeves for my calves.

Though I think it's hamstring that is sore right now.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Souinds like something G would post. It wasn't me. I do a little warm up with the wife but she does lots more stretching
than I do. She goes through a few yoga moves and then does a bit of work on the parallel rings. (because poledancer)
I prefer to do a few easy routes up the wall as a stretch/warm up before I start on the harder stuff. I normally do some simple
wrist warm up exercises and some dips to wake my chest and shoulders up a bit. If I'm gonna come home from climbing
hurting in some way it's usually either right shoulder strain, hand damage from the holds, or a sore tendon in my right thumb.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Static stretching before exercise or when your muscles are cold is bad for you

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I ran a mountainous 4 mile in the south of Spain at 4 in the afternoon when its 25oC in the shade, I nearly shat a lung.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub 500 calorie day today. Must have walked a good 4 miles at least too.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 07 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No food for 28 hours (so far). Walked approx 7 miles, did a good hour on the climbing wall this afternoon.
Was a bit better than last time, felt a little lighter after a Mon to Sat of not eating much. But ran out of gas quite literally
at hold 21 of a 24 hold route probably due to lack of food. Fell off the wall. Came home feeling quite pissed off about it all.
Been finding it quite hard to stay warm all week, had heating on and been wearing a couple of tops indoors. .

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 07 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 35 mile organised MTB route yesterday; the longest I have ridden in one go (so far). Thoroughly enjoyed it, got it done in just over 3 hours, which is just shy of 12 mph average, which I was pleased with. I came back feeling well-used but not shattered and today my legs ache a little but I could go again. Whilst I am not the lightest I have been (probably around 5-6 kg above what I want to be) I feel the fittest and strongest I ever have on the bike. I used to dread climbs, now I attack them. My Strava PRs are falling every time I ride and the mates I ride with, who I used to be happy to keep in sight, I now have to wait for every so often.

I'm aiming for a 100 km MTB in August and right now feel I could do it, I just hope I don't get broken or have to take any time off the bike.

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 07 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comfortably snatching the magical 100kg, powercleaned 110 on thurs so hoping to improve on that in coming weeks, finally got back to squatting after about 6 months of neglecting them, trying to hit 3-4 sessions a week and it really helps all over - back to the 180kg for a single but theres more to come still so I can expect some motivation boosting mini pr's soon.

Recently did a stint of keto and stripped a stone, pretty sure I haven't gained it back but have been not too fixated on it and enjoying not tracking for a while - will get focused again in about 4-5 weeks, in the meantime eat lots and keep adding kilo's to the bar Mr. Green
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 07 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

green laning on the dirt bike yesterday

then a 7 mile run when I got in

now want to cut body fat and lose a few pounds ahead of a 10k race in mid june
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10