Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 21 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
green laning on the dirt bike yesterday

then a 7 mile run when I got in

now want to cut body fat and lose a few pounds ahead of a 10k race in mid june

next day was sore

day after could hardly move, much back pain

2 weeks enforced rest ends tonight, will gently work out Monday and do a very gentle 5k with the running club Tuesday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 21 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for a trail run two weeks ago. Sprained my ankle. FML. Back out on the push bike today wrapped in sports tape and it seemed ok. Still not quite right though. Would like to get some running pace back in. I feel like I need to sign up to an event or two to get some focus. I have a 100km (I think) ride September and that's it at the moment.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smashed a steady half century on the bike this afternoon, with lots of PR's on stava, taking the total miles for the week up to 90.

Got the week off work next week so I'm hoping to get a few decent rides in then with a few bumps in. a good 150 miles a least.

Theres a 62mile sportive on the 18th that I'll probably sign up for.

Also weighted myself and I'm now 161.4, still aiming to get down to 147ish

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentle work out last night, out on the bicycle today, will get out again later cycle a few miles to the run club meet, and just do 3 miles.

Probably put weight on. Oh well. Can't see me getting anywhere near a PB for the Run Bedford in a few weeks time, but I can use it to stay on course for my first half marathon in Sept.

Could be worse, I could be a fat bloater with health problems like I used to be. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a nice 36 mile ride round the yorkshire wolds up to brid and back before breakfast, 1250ft of elevation change according to strava.

Not exactly the stuff of legends but a decent ride at a decent average pace on a glorious day

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narcissistic post Alert:

Manage to lose some of that fatty stuff. Thumbs Up

Yes, I was a bit of a Chunky Monkey Shocked

https://s20.postimg.org/7ci5gcoul/Screenshot_2017-05-23_at_16.35.43.png

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess I'm okay then, I just ran 7.5 miles in about one hour on a very hot day Thumbs Up

https://www.strava.com/activities/1004957656?fb_action_ids=10154372340751207&fb_action_types=fitness.runs&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1368126826603276%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22fitness.runs%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smashed another half century on the bike today with a good 2100ft of elevation change. Right across lunch time it was pretty hot.

Because i wore gloves my forearms are dark brown and my hands are lilly white.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cycled a littler over 27miles in 2hrs 10mins, including stopping for drink and snack.

Some hill climbs, and four byways open to all traffic, they slowed me up a bit.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1009683927

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skipped running club yesterday, but ran 8 miles this morning, moderately warm, carried 1.5litres of water and a packet of jelly babies amongst other things in a pack

bit sore now

think I need to now start slowing my pace, and increasing my distance, as training for half marathon.

Does anyone have any personal experience of staying in shape and working night shifts?

Any tips? I will be working 8pm to 8am.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:55 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got my 3.5st award by carrying on Slimming World. That's a really pleasing figure, given that I've only been doing it since the end of January.
I would have gone for a bike ride (bicycle) but I was busy selling the Kawasaki.

This is a good week!

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Well, I got my 3.5st award by carrying on Slimming World. That's a really pleasing figure, given that I've only been doing it since the end of January.
I would have gone for a bike ride (bicycle) but I was busy selling the Kawasaki.

This is a good week!

Great job. Its a great feeling isnt it.

Keep hitting those targets!!

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:05 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man. It's a great feeling.
I was well lazy before and ate rubbish. Now I'm probably eating more than ever, but it's all managed.
I'd never dream of going swimming in 2016, so my kids missed out too. Now I'm much more body-confident. Even trips to the park were a chore before (because of sheer laziness). It really does affect those around you too.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:38 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my first solo ride since I bought by bike.
I'm quite proud. I promised that I'd work up to riding to work and back one day (17.8 miles each way) so this is a good step.

https://i.imgur.com/QXmkamH.png

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:42 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Did my first solo ride since I bought by bike.
I'm quite proud. I promised that I'd work up to riding to work and back one day (17.8 miles each way) so this is a good step.

https://i.imgur.com/QXmkamH.png

Good work fella, keep at it.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

just did the 3rd annual Bedford 10k.

Really struggled, temp was in the high 20s when I finished.

Dunno what my chip time was yet, but I'm thinking it was about 55 minutes.

still, I finished it, didn't quit. Very Happy

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit 120kg bench last week, which is more than I was able to lift before my motorcycle accident. Finally feel I have fully recovered . Thumbs Up

Tigerlea
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:21 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Hitler wrote:
Hit 120kg bench last week, which is more than I was able to lift before my motorcycle accident. Finally feel I have fully recovered . Thumbs Up

Awesome-sauce. Well done Thumbs Up

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like shit. Last run was a mouth full of flies and bitten by the rest. I pulled some huge insect thing out my arm, one of the fuckers made a baby with me Sick cut open every other bite mark to check for more.

Went to gym, done half hour, motivation and energy is gone.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
Feel like shit. Last run was a mouth full of flies and bitten by the rest. I pulled some huge insect thing out my arm, one of the fuckers made a baby with me Sick cut open every other bite mark to check for more.

Went to gym, done half hour, motivation and energy is gone.

Sounds like they gave you AIDs dude.

On a lighter note, been doing continuing with the cycling, been getting out into the Yorkshire Wolds a bit where the hills are.

Signed up for a 60 mile sportive Scarborough way out, nothing special but it's got a few fairly big lumps in it, including one at 17%

I want to get my climbing up to the point where i can tackle Rosedale chimney Band with its 33% climbs

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

as well as joining a local running club, and dabbling with Strava I have just joined Fetch Everyone https://www.fetcheveryone.com/cms-101

Going to be entering some one mile track races on Saturday. Grouped with likeminded predicted results. So I'm saying 7.45 for my first mile.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 01 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did my first ever run on a proper running track, timed mile.

6m 34s

Quite please with that.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a second quicker. Official time 6m 33s Very Happy

https://www.fetcheveryone.com/cms-104

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a walk run walk with mrs.thx yesterday

and ran 8 miles today, quite sore when I started but okay towards the end

think I over stretched on the athletics track

need to start upping mileage now, Half Marathon on Sept 2

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flys seem to be gone, much nicer this week.

10.5k hour run monday then 2 hours of pump/core training
Wednesday 10k race. Didnt get good time or position but I sprinted up and down the hills and overtook everyone. Was fucking epic.
Thursday 6k of hill training. Had a cider, then another 5k of hills in the forest. And a swim.
Today I did do parkrun. Legs were not good, had to stop and stretch often. 5 mins slower than normal. 9am runs, almost certain will be followed by The Shits. Id much prefer running after my second coffee and a shit.

about 6 hours, 41km this week Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10