Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing me with bloody nipples on the finishing straight of the half marathon

https://s25.postimg.org/hhh0rubgf/73059811-_EAI_BEHM_020917_AC_04264.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Nice. No pain - No gain and all that!

Did one of them boot camp training sessions today at the local park. 25 people. Was actually really good. Tough, but good.

https://s20.postimg.org/q2bh7l80d/Snapchat-1224621605.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit 201 HR on a 2k run the other day at 10km/h. My resting is low 50's. Guess I'm not born to run.

Been very intermittent with gym recently due to lack of time. Still usually manage to cycle to work on Saturdays and Sundays, which although is only 15minutes each way is probably the main reason my resting heart rate is as low as it is.

I'm quite impressed I've retained as much strength as what I have. Was able to work my way upto 160kg deadlift, no chalk, although reverse grip and didn't feel sore the next day.

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 21 miler in 3 hours last weekend. Apparently included 4000ft of ascent / descent in that too. Chuffed with that.

Currently doing high altitude, high temperature, high amounts of San Miguel training in Spain. 10km, 1000ft climb, 30oC, 50 minutes.

Doing 1 full and 2 half marathons second week of October. Can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

240kg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY3IoCnAdw5/?taken-by=w_langlands
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Will_ wrote:

cool Thumbs Up

except for the "music" that was not cool

I am trying to work back up to clean and jerk 55k. can't even do 50 at the moment.

not sure what my dead lift is, best I ever did was 120, can probably do 100 right now, but haven't tried lately

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 20:09 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after being given the nod to get back to running by the lung doctor types, I got back on that treadmill for the first time in ages today, and it felt good.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had last week off from training while I went away.
Was back in training yesterday and it nearly bloody killed me Shocked Laughing

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just joined a local running group, had my second training session this evening and I feel pretty good. We have been doing interval training so far with the aim to go out and do 5k road runs twice a week and then I want to go out myself and start doing Park Runs. A friend at work does ultra marathons and seems to think I will join him soon Laughing

I think I need some better trainers though as I have rubbed some of the skin off my big toes.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might need better trainers, or it might be your skin will sort itself out after a couple of runs, and just slightly hardne

I'm doing my first ever Park Run on Saturday. Thumbs Up

Dalemac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went on holiday, put on a few pounds, taking me up to 13 stone 1lb.

Since returning, been eating to a strict 2250 calories a day (maximum), and now I'm down to 12 stone 9lb. My next major target is 12 stone.

I've actually gone down a loop on the belt, which is better than before I went on holiday.

I've not been able to do much cardio this week (which is usually how I lose weight) due to a pulled calf, but hoping to be back to full swing by next week - where I'll be burning between 600 and 1000 calories a day purely in cardio.

Hopefully be down to about 12 stone 4lb by the 2nd of October, when my next half marathon is.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
you might need better trainers, or it might be your skin will sort itself out after a couple of runs, and just slightly hardne

So skin coming off happens normally? Also good luck for your Park Run Thumbs Up

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 21:19 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

So skin coming off happens normally? Also good luck for your Park Run Thumbs Up

If they're new trainers, yes. Also happens if they're poorly fitted or just crap trainers.

In other news, second day on the treadmill. Felt distinctly less good this time. Might have been something to do with the dog faceplanting on my knee while running at full pelt earlier on. 20-odd kg of furry battering ram is less fun than it sounds.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I hear that, my 35kg battering ram took my legs out completely while playing chase me with another dog a
few weeks ago. It was like being hit by a sack of spuds fired out of a cannon. I barely slowed her down. Shocked

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:07 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me finishing Tough Mudder Northwest last weekend Laughing

Knocked myself out running through Electroshock Therapy and landed face first in the mud!

It was a good craic though, and managed to raise £370 for British Heart Foundation. Very Happy

https://i65.tinypic.com/dp8zmc.jpg

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy. wrote:

Knocked myself out running through Electroshock Therapy and landed face first in the mud!

It was a good craic though, and managed to raise £370 for British Heart Foundation. Very Happy

Good work! Free ECT.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my first ever Park Run on Saturday.

24m15s could easily have been 30s quicker just by getting nearer the front, it was packed Shocked but I like it, as I run with a club on Tues eves and have done for about 6 months, I saw lots of familiar faces

So. Plan is run Tues and most Thus eve with club, and park run every Sat. That's most of the cardio covered.

Press ups, squats, dips, crunches, pull ups 2 or 3 times a week. Weights twice a week.

Stricter diet control.

Keep all this up till mid Dec, and see how I'm shaping up.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:48 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Bozzy. wrote:

Good work! Free ECT.

Indeed!

https://youtu.be/clMBqEnE2j8

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. I tried paleo/caveman but I found myself binging on entire packets of belly pork.

So, as rather a last-ditch attempt, I've been fasting for 1 or 2 days, then eating less than 1000kcal on my "eating" days. I'd recommend it to anyone who is really impatient.

I aim to lose another 7lbs, knowing that when I start eating again I will probably put some on until my metabolism levels out.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:00 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
I've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. I tried paleo/caveman but I found myself binging on entire packets of belly pork.

So, as rather a last-ditch attempt, I've been fasting for 1 or 2 days, then eating less than 1000kcal on my "eating" days. I'd recommend it to anyone who is really impatient.

I aim to lose another 7lbs, knowing that when I start eating again I will probably put some on until my metabolism levels out.

A pal of mine did something similar when we were teenagers. He'd always been massively obese and had had enough. He thought everything was going ok until he passed out in the shower.

You're better off living a clean, healthy lifestyle whilst having plenty of exercise and losing the weight gradually, rather than starving yourself and fucking your body up trying to lose weight too quickly.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
I've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. I tried paleo/caveman .

I tried some paleo breakfast cereal. Sick Thumbs Down

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy. wrote:
You're better off living a clean, healthy lifestyle whilst having plenty of exercise and losing the weight gradually
I do eat healthily in terms of content, but just eat too much. I've not felt light headed at all, not really very hungry, and actually feel more alert than usual.

Some studies have shown that intermittent fasting is actually good for the body, but I'm no expert. I just know that it gets the job done.

Paleo doesn't have to mean special versions of common foods. It's basically just no wheat, dairy or processed sugars.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
Paleo doesn't have to mean special versions of common foods. It's basically just no wheat, dairy or processed sugars.

I tried your suggestion, this morning I had some Paleo breakfast, sweetened shredded wheat and so I ended up eating a small bowl of honey. Laughing

Anyone had a gait analysis? Planning on getting one tomorrow and buying some new running shoes.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Baffler186 wrote:

I tried your suggestion, this morning I had some Paleo breakfast, sweetened shredded wheat and so I ended up eating a small bowl of honey. Laughing

Anyone had a gait analysis? Planning on getting one tomorrow and buying some new running shoes.

I haven't done, but actually say a health clinic place advertising this today. figured it may be useful, without them trying to hard sell the latest and most expensive shoe. Let us know if its worth while.

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:26 - 22 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found having my feet looked at, getting proper orthotic insoles made and getting a proper training plan miles more effective than gait analysis.

My guy recommended me some trainers that were cheap as chips but with a proper insole I've had over 500 miles trouble free. All I did was stand in front of him and he measured my foot placement and told me all the issues I was having from my shins to my knee and hip and why I was having the problems.

I'll do it every 500 to 1000 miles now and I've gone from doing 4:30 marathon to hopefully 3:45 in a year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10