Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sheet, man flu not a great start to health and fitness 2017 Rolling Eyes

Have made progress on the weight cut, not in a good way though methinks.
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
naughty puppy/junior dog needs training

Had our first walk ever yesterday and again today. I can't run her too far because it's not great for her bearing
in mind she is only 13 weeks, still with a great deal of growing to do. But we had a little run together both times
and she couldn't keep up with me bless her. I suspect that wont be the case for much longer. Both parents large, long
legged intelligent and outdoorsy dogs. Give it a month and I'll have no chance. She's absolutely fantastic off lead already
barely leaving my side so I reckon she'll be up for keeping pace with my pushbike once she's done growing. Thumbs Up
Won't need her on a lead much at all this one... Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:20 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put on half a stone over Xmas because I was ill and unable to exercise, and went with the 'feed a cold' thing. It's bad.

Now I've recovered I'm back into my normal exercise regime, my tennis elbow on my left arm is better, but today my lats ache like crazy from doing 30 chin ups added to my usual programme.

I've been using iMuscle on my Windows 10 PC to manage my exercise regime, and I've been training for approx 2 hrs ( bit under half of that being just stretching) on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. I've probably never been fitter than I was towards the back end of last year. My goal this year is to try to reduce my body fat percentage to below 10%. Last year it was about 12% and now it's probably hovering around the 15% area or something, I've not been brave enough to check!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiming for 3 marathons this year however I'm having an op on my shoulder that could lay me up for a fair bit and puts any weights off the table forever which is a shame. I've also got a slipped disc in my back which is affecting my training a bit. Not the best start but still aiming for 1st marathon in April.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never run a marathon before. 10k is the furthest I've run in an organised event, and about 8 miles is the furthers I've ever run on my own.

Have a half marathon in Sept. Not sure wether to work up to half-marathon distances, or just keep running 10k, and see what happens on the day?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined a local gym about 18 months ago.

Went regularly with my son for about 6 months until he decided he liked the pub more.... then did another 6 months trying to get fitter and lose some weight in preparation for a Caribbean holiday...

So for the 6 months since the holiday I've done almost nothing, and also managed to put a noticeable amount of weight back on over Christmas etc.

Gotta get back to it ..... Embarassed

331X2
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:06 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed myfitnesspal today to keep tabs on what I'm eating as I've noticed over the last few months that I'm getting quite flabby, mainly due to a post work drinking habit that I picked up around September, fast food and lots of Red Bull (Long term habit).

I really haven't got the time at the minute to get my head into the macro nutrient side of things so I'm just looking to cap my calorie intake to ~1900 per day weighted towards protein rather than carbs, no Red Bull and kick the post work drinking in the head.

Currently 12st2lbs, I think with my current (lack of) muscle mass I'd like to get down to 11st7lbs then start looking at some sort of cardio more for fitness than weight loss. Starting back climbing next week so expecting that to skew the weight figures a bit as I tend to grow quite a bit when I hit it hard.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a cold, knew it was coming on so got a 45 minute run in the day before, and then just rested up for a few days, last year I had a cold and ingored it and got a chest infection.

anyway, over it so minimal weights last night, then green laning on the 2stroke today, followed by a 10.5k run tonight with "Bedford Run Club", free group no fees, saw them in the local paper and then on Facebook, guy organising it is behind the new half marathon this sept.

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weight when smoking := 12st 4
Weight now := 16st 7

Oops.

Albeit that was 4 years ago, few months of no beer and fruit & long dog walk should see that right.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to Intersports yesterday and bought one of those drink sippy cup things you hold when you are running

always said I wouldn't use one, but running further, and in the winter at least when I wear more layers when it is empty will fit in a pocket

When I was there I saw that they had a running treadmill, which supposedly analyses your running pattern and foot movements and then they advise on correct fitting running shoes

thinking of giving it a go, but I've got a "stupid summer challenge motorcycle fund" I'd have to dip into to buy them

331X2
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:56 - 26 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still logging what I eat and drinking less post work, two cans of red bull this year vs 3-4 per day before, no fast food at all and plenty of meat/salad meals, steering away from bread (even though I only eat brown/wholemeal) seems to leave me less stodged after eating.

Back climbing/bouldering once per week, easing back in steady to avoid injury but would like to be back at 5C - 6A within a month.

Weight is a rock steady 12 stone dead but noticing trousers are staring to loosen so the muffin top is on its way out Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 27 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

been ill, done nothing for 4 days

eaten porridge in the morning and soup at night and that's about it

lost a load of fat at least

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:24 - 27 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost 7lbs since January, and I've stuck to my exercise regime since then. I've added 30 bicep curls and 30 chin ups to my programme and I'm doing alright. Need to check my bodyfat percentage tonight.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 01/01/17 I weighed 253.3lbs (a touch over 18 stone) - I'm now down to 233.3lbs (20lbs loss this month)

I bought a turbo trainer for my road bike, three times a week I've been getting up an hour earlier to do 30 mins on it, along with some weights

I also use a Fitbit (Flex, the basic one) to track steps along with the Fitbit Aria scales (they're WiFi enabled, so I weigh-in daily and it logs the weight automatically)

As far as my actual diet goes, I've just switched to healthy eating (but still having a takeaway once a week) - lots of fresh colourful foods - I track it all with the Fitbit app and aim for around 2000 cals a day.
I'm aiming to get down to 180lbs by September, which would put me back into the healthy BMI range.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up to about 3 miles a day walking the pup over her morning and evening walks. She's probably doing double
that cos she's off the lead a lot of the time. Haven't been weighing myself but I've had to tighten my belt a bit so
somethings happening.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to change my diet first and bring in exercise afterwards. January has included quitting all alcohol, stopped eating sugary foods (cakes, ice cream, pop etc.). And slowly starting to change to healthier options for meals.

Also keeping my eating window within a time restricted window of 9 hours which has been proven to cut down on your body storing fat and also increases muscle mass without need for increased exercise.

Exercising starting in February, got the 100 press-up challenge app which gets silly once you get to week 3, keep repeating the same days, I can currently do 38 press ups without stopping. Also got my finger board up and doing pull ups and hangs on that, up to 3 pull ups so far.... I'm such a weak bitch.

Going to get some walking and runs in soon too and maybe also do P90X to get my body in shape.

Will see how it goes.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 17:37 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs, I've cut out all sugar and keep carbs to under 20g a day. I do intermittent fasting most days 16:8 but if I'm hungry I'll eat. Have a look at ketogenic eating, I'm down nearly 4 stone eating bacon, eggs, butter, steaks etc.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Bubbs, I've cut out all sugar and keep carbs to under 20g a day. I do intermittent fasting most days 16:8 but if I'm hungry I'll eat. Have a look at ketogenic eating, I'm down nearly 4 stone eating bacon, eggs, butter, steaks etc.

Have been reading the primal blueprint which is all about keto. Want to try that eventually but taking baby steps. Stopping sweet t things has been hard work. Especially after stopping alcohol.... I'll get there though.

How are you feeling on the diet? They say you have unlimited energy once you're body goes into full on ketosis. Definitely want that experience.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:38 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at www.reddit.com/r/keto - in the side bar there are some good links such as the FAQ and the keto calculator which can work out your carb/protein/fat amounts to use in conjunction with MyFitnessPal.

I feel much better eating this way. I no longer get hangry and have to drink coke and eat a chocolate bar to sort myself out - I still get hunger but it's much more gradual and not a 'I have to eat now!' hunger.

As for limitless energy, well I wouldn't say that but as your body burns fat and you have fat reserves to use, the body can utilise those more easily.

Oh, whisky, vodka etc are carb free so no need to give them up Smile

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 09 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran 4km today, only short lunch break. Peak speed hit 37.5km/hour Very Happy

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:33 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost 10lbs since xmas. Win.

Wull
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:48 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous......

I'm not shifting any weight just now even though I'm training hard, I reckon it'll shift once I get back on the road again but at the moment it's all on the trainer.

My diet is terrible, I can't stop eating crap.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wull wrote:

https://newsstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/8-FUNNY-WEIGHT-LOSS-MEMES-1.jpg[/url]

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wull wrote:

human centipede ? Shocked

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started going to the gym twice a week now and trying desperately not to be a gluttonous pig.

It's fecking killing me Shocked Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10