Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 - Spill counter.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I tried Rog, I tried Sad But instead of continuing to pull out, he seemed intent in keeping me so when he did see me coming he slammed on the brakes. if he had just kept going, my weave would have worked Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pudder
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:06 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cock, as others have said its as clear cut as it can get.

Maybe this will give me chance to get some more BCF Pic Challenge points before you snap em all up Laughing
If only I could find a blimp somewhere...

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pudder wrote:
What a cock, as others have said its as clear cut as it can get.

Maybe this will give me chance to get some more BCF Pic Challenge points before you snap em all up Laughing
If only I could find a blimp somewhere...

Good luck with the current one, looks like a tough one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

155mph
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheeet. And you were so looking forward to your tour.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

155mph wrote:
Sheeet. And you were so looking forward to your tour.

Yup. Wahhhhh Crying or Very sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:14 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

if he had just kept going, my weave would have worked Very Happy

It's a pre-emption measure:

Whole thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQBubilSXU

Skip to the money shot:
https://youtu.be/eqQBubilSXU?t=281

I know, I know, <nasal whine> It won't work if they're not looking </nasal whine>.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:26 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I know, I know, <nasal whine> It won't work if they're not looking </nasal whine>.

Yeah, but what does?

There are limits to how far you can go in assuming that every other driver is a blind mole-man with hearing loss.

Still, good video Thumbs Up Looking forward to low siding trying to do it Razz

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:02 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
There are limits to how far you can go in assuming that every other driver is a blind mole-man with hearing loss.

There are, but doing a weave is comfortably within mine. Not that exaggerated tippy-over one, but moving around inside your lane.

I do it in large part because taking concrete action gets my brain in the right place. I don't want to go through the disbelief stage before reacting when they do pull out: shouting "Whoa!" doesn't work.

No criticism intended on you, it sounds like you were both pro-acting and reacting, but the geezer was determined to head you off at the pass anyway.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

There are, but doing a weave is comfortably within mine. Not that exaggerated tippy-over one, but moving around inside your lane.

I do it in large part because taking concrete action gets my brain in the right place. I don't want to go through the disbelief stage before reacting when they do pull out: shouting "Whoa!" doesn't work.

No criticism intended on you, it sounds like you were both pro-acting and reacting, but the geezer was determined to head you off at the pass anyway.

Absolutely no criticism taken. I did all i could, within my only few years experience to avoid the situation and am happy with that and he is 100% at fault.

BUT, like with many things, you never stop learning and will certainly take what you said as something to add to my riding, as, although not certain, doing something like that may well have impacted the outcome Smile Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't exactly do a weave, just try to change position once to where a suspect driver's line of sight has best chance of spotting me. I'll always slow on approach to a car sitting at a junction though. But I still think Tracer had no chance in this case. The risk we take I suppose. The risk anyone takes, using the roads.

Falco wrote:

There are limits to what you can do, but I still assume they all are.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
#12 I believe.

So, here we have it.

-Coming down road shown in picture below, came round the bend, a bend well known for incidents, so I always come off the throttle on approach.
-Cars are known to just follow the car in front out without looking. Saw the blue car, slowed further, but saw it stop at the give way line. (his is minor road, mine is major)
-Looked into window, saw the man look right at me, so gently went back on throttle, but not much due to not trusting the van to just pull in.

chickenstrip wrote:
I'll always slow on approach to a car sitting at a junction though

Absolutely right, I didn't trust the drivers in their tin cans before, even less now.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
bacon wrote:
That is the correct lane to exit into the right hand lane.

Debatably.

The lane markings are piss poor, but I can't help but notice that you crossed a lane divider while the car driver did not.

And like arguing with an SJW, the facts don't really matter so much as who gets in the first sucker punch.

I reckon you'll be lucky to get 50:50 out of that.

My solicitor received a cheque from the 3rd party today for my accident, in my favour, non fault.

Seems you were all wrong Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:53 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original spill.

You jammy cvnt, I'd have told you to do one.

Well done, chap, good result. Thumbs Up

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
My solicitor received a cheque from the 3rd party today for my accident, in my favour, non fault.

Well done that man.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Original spill.

You jammy cvnt, I'd have told you to do one.

Well done, chap, good result. Thumbs Up

I undoubtedly owe it to the witness, without him it would likely have been 50/50 at best.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:22 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
I undoubtedly owe it to the witness, without him it would likely have been 50/50 at best.

Well, we can at least take comfort in chanting "Witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, it's all about the witnesses."

We did say that, right?

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
bacon wrote:

Well, we can at least take comfort in chanting "Witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, it's all about the witnesses."

We did say that, right?

When it's one word against another the facts don't really matter. The witness statement was identical to my account of events, there wasn't much the 3rd party could argue with.

Edit: either way, I am chuffed Smile it's been a good morning. Bought the bike back so it doesn't owe me much now either.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:47 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I don't exactly do a weave, just try to change position once to where a suspect driver's line of sight has best chance of spotting me. I'll always slow on approach to a car sitting at a junction though. But I still think Tracer had no chance in this case. The risk we take I suppose. The risk anyone takes, using the roads.

Falco wrote:

There are limits to what you can do, but I still assume they all are.

yup, can't argue with that. Just good sense

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 14 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Or you could use that brilliant new invention called a horn, and give them a friendly wave afterwards if you feel embarrassed by your slip in driving etiquette Rolling Eyes

bacon wrote:

Wrong's relative when you're the vulnerable road user. What I asked was what was there when you did your shoulder check... still waiting for an answer Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:32 - 14 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
you could use that brilliant new invention called a horn

I could, but I won't, and I expect neither will you. We're too British. Sad

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 14 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

bacon wrote:

Wrong's relative when you're the vulnerable road user. What I asked was what was there when you did your shoulder check... still waiting for an answer Wink

A car that appeared to be following the first exit upon my initial view, followed by seeing him head in my direction shortly after, without much choice of where to go.

What the usual bcf hero would have done in my situation is of little interest now. I have already replayed the event myself many times deciding what I would do come the same situation again and how it could be avoided.

For the record it appears he was lost/confused and travelling all the way around the round about in the left hand lane to get back on the motorway North bound. This was confirmed by the witness.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 14 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
A car that appeared to be following the first exit upon my initial view, followed by seeing him head in my direction shortly after, without much choice of where to go.

What the usual bcf hero would have done in my situation is of little interest now. I have already replayed the event myself many times deciding what I would do come the same situation again and how it could be avoided.

For the record it appears he was lost/confused and travelling all the way around the round about in the left hand lane to get back on the motorway North bound. This was confirmed by the witness.

So you saw the car was there and cut across it anyway? Eh? I also assume you deleted the pictures in your post fairly soon after posting them as you weren't as confident as you're now.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:00 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
bacon wrote:

So you saw the car was there and cut across it anyway? Eh? I also assume you deleted the pictures in your post fairly soon after posting them as you weren't as confident as you're now.

How was I supposed to know he was going to go back around again? I deleted them as I wasn't sure about leaving photos like that up when the case was freshly opened.

As for being confident, I just won the case? Laughing

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:38 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for lack of paint diagram but i cannot draw with my left hand. basically was over taking a car and motorbike while doing 60 ish and the car was turning right into a farm but i didnt see the indicator until the last minute, i slammed on, flew over the bars and went straight into the back windscreen of a fiat 500. Very poor obs from myself and now my elbow is broken and wrist fractured
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys99 wrote:
Sorry for lack of paint diagram but i cannot draw with my left hand. basically was over taking a car and motorbike while doing 60 ish and the car was turning right into a farm but i didnt see the indicator until the last minute, i slammed on, flew over the bars and went straight into the back windscreen of a fiat 500. Very poor obs from myself and now my elbow is broken and wrist fractured

Google maps picture?

And, more importantly, hows the Bike?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15