Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 - Spill counter.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys99 wrote:
Sorry for lack of paint diagram but i cannot draw with my left hand. basically was over taking a car and motorbike while doing 60 ish and the car was turning right into a farm but i didnt see the indicator until the last minute, i slammed on, flew over the bars and went straight into the back windscreen of a fiat 500. Very poor obs from myself and now my elbow is broken and wrist fractured

similar thing happened to me but i was in a car few years ago, I over took a car who then decided he wanted to turn right (whilst i was along side him)

Was 50/50 as i shouldn't have overtook where i did, an he shoudl have looked in his mirrors before turning

good luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:

How was I supposed to know he was going to go back around again? I deleted them as I wasn't sure about leaving photos like that up when the case was freshly opened.

As for being confident, I just won the case? Laughing

You assume they're going to do something stupid, because they often do. You won the insurance game, you were both in the wrong lane. Anyway do the same thing to an artic and we can continue this conversation via a seance Thumbs Up

rhys99 wrote:
Sorry for lack of paint diagram but i cannot draw with my left hand. basically was over taking a car and motorbike while doing 60 ish and the car was turning right into a farm but i didnt see the indicator until the last minute, i slammed on, flew over the bars and went straight into the back windscreen of a fiat 500. Very poor obs from myself and now my elbow is broken and wrist fractured

Poor OBS, GWS etc.

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:17 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
[
there is no street view so this is all i have, arrow is where the accident occurred. Picking the bike up later and then i'll take pics
https://i.imgur.com/P3P1bea.jpg
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:14 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any witnesses/Dash cam footage?

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
bacon wrote:

How was I supposed to know he was going to go back around again? I deleted them as I wasn't sure about leaving photos like that up when the case was freshly opened.

As for being confident, I just won the case? Laughing

You assume they're going to do something stupid, because they often do. You won the insurance game, you were both in the wrong lane. Anyway do the same thing to an artic and we can continue this conversation via a seance Thumbs Up

Yawn.

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:48 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
Few witnesses and police turned up. Officer told me it was obvious i was speeding and that he could do me for due care and attention but in the end said charges wont be pressed
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:12 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys99 wrote:
Officer told me it was obvious i was speeding and that he could do me for due care and attention but in the end said charges wont be pressed

As it happens, it wasn't that jumped up cv​nts decision to make, but I'm sure he enjoyed flexing his tiny little muscle of authority until it was slapped down.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
it wasn't that jumped up cv​nts decision to make

Surely it is if he chooses to not make a thing of it and therefore not push the issue upstairs (which I think is the implication)?

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain what the 'counter' in 'spill counter' means? Thanks.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:12 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
it wasn't that jumped up cv​nts decision to make

Surely it is if he chooses to not make a thing of it and therefore not push the issue upstairs (which I think is the implication)?

Surely not. Charging decisions (his/your words) go to the desk sergeant or higher, who asks the CPS, who tell the truncheon monkeys whether it's worth their valuable time to even consider a prosecution.

I get what you're saying that he may not have even initiated that process, but when it comes to "charging" or not, he's got no say in it.

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:57 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
rhys99 wrote:
Officer told me it was obvious i was speeding and that he could do me for due care and attention but in the end said charges wont be pressed

As it happens, it wasn't that jumped up cv​nts decision to make, but I'm sure he enjoyed flexing his tiny little muscle of authority until it was slapped down.
Turns out i have to do some kind of 'riders awareness' course which should be fun.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:14 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's offered as an alternative to prosecution, so their (ostensible) view is that your riding did reach that threshold. In reality, it's a money spinner for the local Farce.

You don't have to do it. You could sod it off and invite the CPS to prosecute. See if you can get it delayed for a while, then sod it off - if you can get it over 6 months then you should be safe from prosecution. Whistle

Last edited by Rogerborg on 12:50 - 16 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
Can someone please explain what the 'counter' in 'spill counter' means? Thanks.

Quote:
A device used for counting

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last count on here is 12 and that was a couple pages ago, what number are we one?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

11?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

#12 was Tracer1234, however Rhys99 has now posted again, not sure if this is his second one this year (last was 25th March) or if he is still talking about the first one, sounds like it's a new one, if so that would be #13

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that one up guys.

Sooo, #14

Nothing spectacular, and I expect a ribbing for this. I went along a narrow lane in Wookey as I was trying to find a campsite. Got to a ford on a narrow gravel singletrack road, point of no return. Got 90% of the way through, the last 10% the floor was covered in algae, front end washout. Bruised leg and pride, bike absolutely fine, but it took 3 of us to upright and push it out because of the lack of grip.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19243206_10155531358729374_7885251163594906638_o.jpg?oh=fdaaf9b0ffb449a3ba77079178d25a2e&oe=599EAD63

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:

Don't think I've ever seen someone so happy that they dropped their bike Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Life goes on! It was sunny and I was about to partake in a cider rally. Was going to deal with the bike if I needed to the next day, thankfully there wasn't even a scratch.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a picture challenge recently to get a picture if your bike at a ford. I think you would have won the internet with a picture of your bike in a ford.

Glad the bikes ok!

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
rhys99 wrote:

I got told the same then got a nip in post unless I went on a course

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys99 wrote:
Loui5D wrote:
Few witnesses and police turned up. Officer told me it was obvious i was speeding and that he could do me for due care and attention but in the end said charges wont be pressed

Has the c*nstable got proof that you were speeding? or was it simply obvious and that's the end of it? Was he there to confirm your speed?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:11 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Don't think I've ever seen someone so happy that they dropped their bike Laughing

Maybe he fell on his potato.

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:11 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockingly my bike isn't even that fucked, i landed it upside down so its cracked the tank cover, tail piece and scuffed screen and bent brake lever and pedal.

https://i.imgur.com/lKtFOar.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/UtPd73g.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

I got told the same then got a nip in post unless I went on a course

Not entirely sure what the popo tried with me as they sent the letter to the wrong address, but after 'ignoring' them they took no further action (I called after a while).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15