BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting ready to do the Mod 1

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:07 - 25 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just turn your head as far right as it will go and look directly at the spot you want the bike to end up and keep looking at that spot. Your natural inclination is to watch the spot in front of you where the bike is immediately heading. Get it in your head that you've already checked that for hazards so it's locked in as 'safe'. You'll find the bike follows your head to a degree you didn't realise was possible. The rest is just throttle and clutch control.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:21 - 25 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod 1 is easy to pass, and easy to fail. You are going to want to practice low speed stuff, but don't fret about it. You don't need to be perfect, just keep your feet and head up, and keep doing shoulder-checks as though you were on a real rode.

Have you seen the DVSA videos on YouTube? They cover all the elements pretty well.

Edinho
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:54 - 25 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
Quick Update, passed theory test now onto practising for the A1, any experiences with it? Hard? easy? Going to need a little bit of practise as not had this bike for long so even doing a u-turn right now without putting my foot down is a little tricky. Seems like a lot of parking lot action.

Look at the you tube videos a million times.

Spend 10 hours in a car park.

Do your shoulder checks like you're paranoid someone is after you.

Under no circumstances put a foot down or knock a cone over, otherwise game over.

And technique look where you want to go and grip that tank with your knees.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:25 - 25 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the tips, will try that when I go to practise. I'm probably just not too confident yet as I haven't attempted too many manoeuvres.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:27 - 26 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
Cheers for the tips, will try that when I go to practise. I'm probably just not too confident yet as I haven't attempted too many manoeuvres.

if you can do the fig 8 and the u-turn you will find the mod1 easy. just practise them over and over

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 26 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you hit the minimum 50 kph through the measuring device on the hazard avoidance approach. Too slow and you get a second chance. Too fast and you'll risk clipping the hazard cone - no seconds at that one.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 84 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2