Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Airport Shooting

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

You really do come across as though nothing matters unless it's on the scale of Rwandan Genocide (I was going to refer to the Holocaust, but Godwin)

Where did I say it didn't matter? I merely pointed out we've had one since '97 vs. countless in the US. You still don't seem to see a link between the availability of firearms and you know... deaths.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Omega wrote:

I'm pretty sure you could do the same in the UK with a shotgun quite easily.

And yet it doesn't, I wonder why Thinking

And yet it doesn't?

I've just shown you it does!...

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by smegballs on 16:42 - 18 May 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:41 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
https://www.objectobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/us_rate-1024x574.jpg

Incidentally, that doesn't appear to include the District of Columbia, which technically isn't part of any state but forms its own district as a pocket kingdom for Congress.

Its homicide-by-firearm rate is 12.46 per 100,000, far higher than any state, and 4.5 times the national average. So congratulations on all those lawmakers soaking up bullets, I guess.

In other giggles, rabidly anti-gun California has a gun-death rate 12% higher than would-you-like-some-cartridges-with-your-beer Texas.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 08:48 - 12 Jan 2017; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just shown you it does!...

So you didn't read the rest of the thread?

arry wrote:
It's a beauty isn't it. Checks his piece in as baggage, reclaims it and goes off to the bogs to get loaded up. That must have been one hell of a queue at the conveyor for him to go all batshit.

The little things that I can't help but LOL at:
Trump tweeting something like 'oh terrible scenes in Florida; Stay Safe!' as if there's some sort of magic way you can stop a mentalist with a loaded gun in a crowded place from popping a cap in your ass, and;
Miami airport beefing up security 'to be extra specially cautious', here's a plan guys, how about don't let random nutters with guns check them in and load them in the shitters. Oh, can't do that because your gun laws are fricking crazy? Well let's just ignore that little elephant in the room then.

So that's happened here with a shotgun yes Jewlio?

smegballs wrote:
So why does Vermont with some of the loosest gun laws in the USA have a comparable murder rate to the UK?

Why does Czech with generally a lot looser gun laws than say Chicago or California, where it is legal to carry any knife you wish, have a murder rate comparable to (slightly lower than many years) than the UK?

https://www.objectobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/us_rate-1024x574.jpg

Guns don't kill people, rappers do. Show those stats to the parents of the kids killed in the Dunblane school massacre. I think a gun is still the weapon of choice for anyone going on you know, a killing spree? Or are potatos a more effective weapon?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega mentioned the shotgun you loon. You even fucking quoted it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's a no then. I'll lay it out as you're obviously having trouble following:
arry wrote:
It's a beauty isn't it. Checks his piece in as baggage, reclaims it and goes off to the bogs to get loaded up. That must have been one hell of a queue at the conveyor for him to go all batshit.

The little things that I can't help but LOL at:
Trump tweeting something like 'oh terrible scenes in Florida; Stay Safe!' as if there's some sort of magic way you can stop a mentalist with a loaded gun in a crowded place from popping a cap in your ass, and;
Miami airport beefing up security 'to be extra specially cautious', here's a plan guys, how about don't let random nutters with guns check them in and load them in the shitters. Oh, can't do that because your gun laws are fricking crazy? Well let's just ignore that little elephant in the room then.

In bold the bit he quoted:

Omega wrote:
arry wrote:
Oh, can't do that because your gun laws are fricking crazy? Well let's just ignore that little elephant in the room then.

Are you following it now?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:52 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Omega wrote:

And yet it doesn't, I wonder why Thinking

?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why shotguns and .22 rifles aren't smuggled into airports for rampage purposes? Why shotguns and .22 rifles aren't great for rampages? Why the Cumbria shooter killed people at various different locations to get his kill count up? Why that's the only mass shooting in 20 years?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Hart did two with a shotgun last year also. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition, and defines a "public mass shooting" as one in which four or more people selected indiscriminately, not including the perpetrator, are killed, echoing the FBI definition of the term "mass murder".

Clapping Confirming you have no grasp of scale. What form of autism is it?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using America as a basis for definitions? We all know their grasp of English leaves a lot to be desired.

The Wikipedia page you ripped that from even contradicts itself further down, and suggests it could apply to three or more. And then mentions 10 or more later still.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your definition is more than one?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:33 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the Dunblane chap killed 17, not 18. Stats are wrong.

16 children +
1 teacher +
1 gun wielding nutcase =

He killed himself, or does it not count because he wasn't a person?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you didn't include the killer in the other two figures....

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the reason shotguns don't get used in mass killings is the fact you only get two shots before you have to reload

now every time ive been to an airport there has been police with guns

you would possibly manage two shots before being shot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:21 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
the Cumbria shooter killed people at various different locations to get his kill count up?

Guns don't kill people, Xsara Picassos kill people?

Bird was a biker, and got ripped off by a Thai hooker, just for completeness. Do any of the Adam Aaronses have access to firearms?
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also thankfully the shotgun shooting nutters are idiotic enough to use birdshot rather than slugs or buck.

Case that springs to mind is when Moat blasted that copper at point blank with a shotgun using birdshot. Peppered the shit outta his face and blinded the poor chap, but he lived. Had he received a shell of 00 buck to his face, there wouldn't be much of a face left.

Also you can own a 2+1 shot (two in tube, one in chamber) pump-action shotgun legally on the basic SGC. This has simply had a pin welded in the magazine so only 2 cartridges will fit, down from the usual 5-7 shells. A bit of clever drilling/dremelling would have that pin out and full capacity restored, which is obviously illegal. That would give you 5-7 shots of buckshot which would make a right mess of people, especially packed together in a crowded space.

Although really you might as well spare the poor dremelling discs and go buy a blank-firing pistol and a few mags. Go shoot it on a tube platform at peak time whilst yelling Allahu Akbar!! The resulting panic and chaos will probably cause more crowd crush casualties that this American dick got, without a single person actually getting shot.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:14 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Guns don't kill people, Xsara Picassos kill people?

As Mr Scooter points out in a place such as an airport your spree wouldn't last very long, you'd either get taken out or disarmed by someone who saw you reloading.

I remember one guy shot by Mr Bird thought he had a water gun, got shot, still thought it was a joke and walked off Laughing

smegballs wrote:
Also thankfully the shotgun shooting nutters are idiotic enough to use birdshot rather than slugs or buck.

Case that springs to mind is when Moat blasted that copper at point blank with a shotgun using birdshot. Peppered the shit outta his face and blinded the poor chap, but he lived. Had he received a shell of 00 buck to his face, there wouldn't be much of a face left.

Well he ended up beating his wife, who left him, and then he killed himself. Not sure if that counts as a frag or not (and Mr Moat also killed his ex partners boyfriend).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:28 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
in a place such as an airport your spree wouldn't last very long, you'd either get taken out or disarmed by someone who saw you reloading.

In the case of the doctor-and-engineer who tried to snackbar Glasgow airport, their spree didn't even get started before they set themselves on fire and got booted in the chuddies.

This is why we're blessed to have so many NTWDIslamists who reach far exceeds their limited intellectual grasp.

Although the recent truck attacks indicate that they may finally be reaching some vague, tenuous understanding of physics, which is a little concerning.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:37 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:

So why does Vermont with some of the loosest gun laws in the USA have a comparable murder rate to the UK?

Roger wrote:

Incidentally, that doesn't appear to include the District of Columbia, which technically isn't part of any state but forms its own district as a pocket kingdom for Congress.

Its homicide-by-firearm rate is 12.46 per 100,000, far higher than any state, and 4.5 times the national average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_African-American_population
Shhh!

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Well he ended up beating his wife

I don't know whether to be more appalled that the wife couldn't dodge a blind guys attacks, or impressed that a blind guy can get hits on hid non-blind wife.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:59 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:

Dammit, I rated "Informative" when I meant to rate "Hitler". Doh!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3