BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Got to give up riding......

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're still in this realm! At least you did yourself in having fun, I'm doing it with chicken tikka pasties. They're great but the stories afterwards aren't as good.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/pou_7153.png

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatbadger wrote:
Glad to hear you're still in this realm! At least you did yourself in having fun, I'm doing it with chicken tikka pasties. They're great but the stories afterwards aren't as good.

I'd laugh - but I always find pasty jokes corny-ish.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:50 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he the finished product, I wonder? What meaning could there possibly be left to uncover, on a fearful old woman's and a quack's vague assurance of a couple more decades of life, probably fraught with some discomfort and sickness? Unpersuaded by Sartre or Camus? What would you consider your bona mors, Polarbear?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:26 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawny wrote:
Is he the finished product, I wonder? What meaning could there possibly be left to uncover, on a fearful old woman's and a quack's vague assurance of a couple more decades of life, probably fraught with some discomfort and sickness? Unpersuaded by Sartre or Camus? What would you consider your bona mors, Polarbear?

Illustrating that what really matters is that you've still got your marbles, Polarbear.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get on the list for heart transplant? It seems we have more and more contenders for the Darwin awards, must be plenty of organs flying around.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:00 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha make more than just bikes you know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ars458hcETE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for cheering me up chaps ans chapesses. I knew I could count on BCF Thumbs Up

I'm 59. According to the doctor that's young if you have been to choir practice on Sundays but not if your religion was rallys, pubs, football and houses of ill repute Laughing

I will see how I feel in the summer and possibly get back in to biking someway even if it is just a 70's smoker I ride to the local meet on a sunny Sunday.

For other hobbies I still have my boat although half the fun of cruising the canals was finding canal side pubs. Diet coke is never as good as a foaming pint or two after a days cruising.

I shall become one of those 'I had one back in 1910' people just to annoy the youth of today, Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Polarbear/] just annoy the youth of today, Thumbs Up[quote]

There you go, we've found you a new hobby Thumbs Up

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're still in the land of the living... or at least close to it Laughing Get well soon.

Rogerborg wrote:
Did you get to watch C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate?

RoyBatty wrote:
And Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck on the old ticker situation PB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up for having a boat though! I reckon I could force myself to play with a melodic thumpy marine diesel, and I'd spend my summer evenings canal fishing, I've always loved it more than overstocked pools, or river fishing which is often hard work for fuck all reward, well if your crap like me it is! Laughing

Get yourself on the mend, and if things calm down by the summer, I reckon swapping your capable but heavy sports tourer, for a classic 70's smoker would be a pretty cool move and the scream of an RD350, or Suzuki super six would get me dribbling in no time.

If you accept bikes for just a bit of sunny summer bimbling about on, instead of actually going places on them or using them for distance touring or commuting, a small light classic is unbeatable IMO. Hell I'd even be open to a nicely restored Lambretta TS1 with a nice custom paint job, and a big chrome fat spannie for summer dicking around on.

I don't do enough miles to warrant a proper or serious or capable bike, and I probably never will again, so a laugh your cock off classic for shooting up on nostalgia with is where it's at for me anyway.

Oh and though it's not the same, real proper ice cold still traditional lemonade is a fine summer evenings drink IMO too!

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously health is #1, but that's a bitch!

On the plus side, think of all the money you'll save from not getting speeding fines or burning through a set of tyres every 4k miles. Smile

As you say, options to reconsider things at a later date too.

Hope it goes well!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be worse...At least you've still got your health. Very Happy

Chin up lad, you've probably done more on bikes than most of us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear that, I hope that with a bit more recovery time things look up a bit. Thumbs Up

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:28 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to read of your health problems. I had a fairly major heart attack 13 years ago (aged 42). It completely floored me. It doesn't sound in the same league as your problem but I did come back. I chucked the fags, watched my diet, exercised and got the work/life balance a bit more tuned to life rather than work.

Diet and exercise have wained a bit but I'm still off the fags and give a lot less of a shit about work than before. Hopefully with a bit of time, rehab', lifestyle alteration and medication you'll start to feel a bit better.

Maybe postpone selling your bikes? See how you feel when the sun's shining?

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am 59 but do not plan to be giving up bikes or biking in the foreseeable future.I already have a timetable of a few fun enduros,three hour hare and hound events and a Summer tour around France with Mrs.Fizzer.

Luckily I was able to kick smoking many years ago and have not eaten shyte food for three years (chocolate,cakes and biscuits).Not sure how I would give up having a few beers though Shocked

At least you have been given the opportunity to look back on life Polarbear.Some people have not had that and forced themselves to try and disprove advice.Just take things easy for a while and see how things pan out.

Always have a 'Plan B'

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:40 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whistle

What would wifey say about one of these?

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8277/29029790601_07ba0a8308_b.jpg

Last edited by Sun Wukong on 10:21 - 15 Jan 2017; edited 1 time in total

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 10:18 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:

She'd probably say that your image link needed the 's' removed from the http.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:

She'd probably say that your image link needed the 's' removed from the http.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Screenshot_Snarf.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Screenshot_Snarf.jpg

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:

fuck sake i have seen smaller tanks Laughing Laughing

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a morgan three wheeler?
I've often thought that if I wasn't into bikes I'd quite fancy something raw like that for fun.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned trikes and Goldwings....

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/WhiteFurryBear/WFBs%20Trike.jpg

For a 3 wheeler I quite fancy a Can Am but I don't think I will go down that road. As I said before, if I ride again a nostalgic light weight bike will be my weapon of choice..

Whatever happens I'm not going to do long distance touring on a bike anymore and that was my sole reason for the Trophy. FFS, I've just bought and installed the latest silly expensive TomTom Rider on it. It's never been used in anger. Rolling Eyes

So, I will sell or part ex it for something very silly. An H3 or an RD400. Even a Benelli 2C although I expect spares are of the rocking horse poo variety.

We shall see.

Stupid thing is I'm already feeling loads better and whereas 5 days ago the thought of holding up/manoeuvring my 300kg monster was a joke, I fancy getting out on it again now. Amazing what modern medicine can do nowadays.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single front wheel trikes are such odd handling things.
The single rear wheel trikes do at least have the benefit of being vaguely car like... much more stable.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Stupid thing is I'm already feeling loads better and whereas 5 days ago the thought of holding up/manoeuvring my 300kg monster was a joke, I fancy getting out on it again now. Amazing what modern medicine can do nowadays.

Nice one, so we shouldn't be seeing you in here anytime soon then.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3