Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Boots for men with skinny calves

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:38 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Boots for men with skinny calves Reply with quote

I am a very unfortunate body shape for motorcycle gear

Tall
Skinny
broad shoulders
spindly legs

So it's difficult to find stuff that fits well, I got some full length boots off amazon that fit ok but are way too loose around my lower leg.

Anyone know what kind of boots would be good for a guy with skinny legs like me?

I am interested in buying these, would those straps let me fasten it really tightly around my tiny calves?

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Boots for men with skinny calves Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

So it's difficult to find stuff that fits well, I got some full length boots off amazon that fit ok but are way too loose around my lower leg.

Anyone know what kind of boots would be good for a guy with skinny legs like me?

Alt-berg Hogg. Lace 'em up tight and they'll fit your legs.
https://www.altberg.co.uk/product/hogg-all-weather-original/

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:45 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Boots for men with skinny calves Reply with quote

bamt wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

Alt-berg Hogg. Lace 'em up tight and they'll fit your legs.
https://www.altberg.co.uk/product/hogg-all-weather-original/

do they go under or over my trousers?

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either works.

I normally wear Hood kevlar armoured jeans. In summer I wear the jeans outside the boots. In winter and wet weather I tuck the jeans inside, and have waterproof trousers on the outside (that way the bottom of the jeans doesn't get wet and wick up my legs).

There is a school of fashion thought that leathers go inside boots, textiles/jeans outside.

Edit to add: alternatively, with a little less protection but more budget friendly, some on here swear by British Army boots (available on eBay).

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:20 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamt wrote:

There is a school of fashion thought that leathers go inside boots, textiles/jeans outside.

Ever noticed how Rossi and other Dainese wearing riders have leathers that go over the boots? always thought it looked really odd.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In bad weather I wear BMW goretex touring leather trousers. They go over the top of my boots - if they went inside then water would run into the boots. I'm guessing that leathers tucked into boots stopped them flapping for racing.

I know what you mean though. Jeans inside boots looks odd to me (or gives a skinhead/bovver boy look - which may be what was intended).

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:53 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tall and skinny ish - I've got some alpinestars
boomshttps://www.mcaleicester.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/l/alpinestars_boot_s-mx6_white-black-red.jpg

Fit really well

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:55 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly I seem to have the reverse problem with some boots.
I looked at some RST boots (can't remember which but around £80) but they just wouldn't zip up around my thick calf muscles/fat...
Ended up with some J&S generic cheap boots until I can afford some goretex ones that fit Laughing

Have you actually visited a bike gear shop (that sells boots of course) to see which makes/types fit and which don't?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 10 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
Oddly I seem to have the reverse problem with some boots.
I looked at some RST boots (can't remember which but around £80) but they just wouldn't zip up around my thick calf muscles/fat...
Ended up with some J&S generic cheap boots until I can afford some goretex ones that fit Laughing

Have you actually visited a bike gear shop (that sells boots of course) to see which makes/types fit and which don't?

Second that, RST Paragon are quite tight on me and I've got chicken legs.
They are comfy and vented, but still work well in winter.

As above, go and try them in on the shop, like when you did as a kid, although they don't measure your feet on that board thing these days.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:31 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for an altberg fitting. I appear to have wide but low volume feet and the fit I get from some made to order altbergs is amazing compared to off the shelf. I'd recommend the clubman classics which velcro up so fit my slender ankles and oversize calves but they are discontinued.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:36 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given my other half is reasonably slim and struggles to find boots that zip up her legs - maybe you should look at women's boots?

The "women's" bit is largely marketing (and fit), they generally aren't bright pink and flowery (though some do have heels).

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RST TracTech boots are great, survived a nasty impact and I only got a slight fracture. Warm as well as waterproof. My calves aren't even that big really so should suit well.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1