Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What a blast!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Dec 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:38 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: What a blast! Reply with quote

Took the beast (ok, 650 bandit) for its first motorway outing today (M5/M50) following Mod 2 just before Christmas. Just amazing after 2 years on a 125, loving it, still speechless. If there were any doubts about starting biking at 69 i'm a convert now. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:07 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bandit 650 at 69 is a brave choice. There are lighter bikes out there. There are lighter aircraft carriers out there. Whistle
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Dec 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
A Bandit 650 at 69 is a brave choice. There are lighter bikes out there. There are lighter aircraft carriers out there. Whistle

Yeah, but I'm a big fat bastard myself, although admittedly getting it on the centre stand is hernia-inducing and I'd struggle if I dropped it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

B0ndy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 25 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you trading it in for a blade then? Dance!
____________________
CBF 125 -> CB400SF -> GSX600F -> ZX6R -> GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

misstrish wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
A Bandit 650 at 69 is a brave choice. There are lighter bikes out there. There are lighter aircraft carriers out there. Whistle

Yeah, but I'm a big fat bastard myself, although admittedly getting it on the centre stand is hernia-inducing and I'd struggle if I dropped it.

Laughing
____________________
Her, "Two identical bikes? Well done dear look they're even the same colour haha, good job"
Me, "But one R6 and one R1.."
Wife., "Oh I see great you bought the R1 because it's faster, more powerful than the identical small, more powerfull faster, but actually slower , really, well depends but, hmm R6 ok but actually less is more so 1 larger than and better than 6, R6 which lets face it LOOKS THE SAME FECKING BIKE TO ME....?Rant.....GTFO"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to ride a 650 Bandit down the motorway coming back from my test... I hated every minute of it Very Happy
____________________
Yamaha MT-03 (660)
Honda XR-125L

Street Trip'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave_80
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be happy if I still have control of all my bodily functions at 69, let alone be blasting down a motorway on a bike! Good on you and what is your secret to eternal youth? Peter is that you?
____________________
Honda CB750 F2X
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_80 wrote:
Good on you and what is your secret to eternal youth?

OP is Benjamin Button, sadly they will soon be too "young" to ride a motorcycle. Sad
____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Dec 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:08 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
Dave_80 wrote:
Good on you and what is your secret to eternal youth?

OP is Benjamin Button, sadly they will soon be too "young" to ride a motorcycle. Sad


lol, always been an adrenaline junkie I suppose and biking is an itch I never got round to scratching before, retirement can get a bit tedious. No illusions about the march of time. Everyone's reactions slow and concentration wanders more, but if I can keep at it for another 3-5 years without potatoing I'll be happy.

Jon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:44 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

misstrish wrote:

lol, always been an adrenaline junkie I suppose and biking is an itch I never got round to scratching before, retirement can get a bit tedious. No illusions about the march of time. Everyone's reactions slow and concentration wanders more, but if I can keep at it for another 3-5 years without potatoing I'll be happy.

Jon


How come you have both a "miss trish" and "Jon" persona btw?
If it's a gender alignment thing I apologise.
However I ask as I was not sure how to word my previous post "he/she? ...meh they" Smile
____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Dec 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:56 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
misstrish wrote:

lol, always been an adrenaline junkie I suppose and biking is an itch I never got round to scratching before, retirement can get a bit tedious. No illusions about the march of time. Everyone's reactions slow and concentration wanders more, but if I can keep at it for another 3-5 years without potatoing I'll be happy.

Jon


How come you have both a "miss trish" and "Jon" persona btw?
If it's a gender alignment thing I apologise.
However I ask as I was not sure how to word my previous post "he/she? ...meh they" Smile


I used to use the miss trish handle because I had a boat of that name. My wife called her my mistress (geddit?) because I spent more time with it than with her Smile .
I'll probably change it when I think of something else.
Jon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:14 - 15 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

misstrish wrote:
I used to use the miss trish handle because I had a boat of that name. My wife called her my mistress (geddit?) because I spent more time with it than with her Smile .
I'll probably change it when I think of something else.
Jon


Potential wind up opportunity missed.
____________________
2010 Street Triple, you know, the nice one with the round headlights.
alt tab - 'In order to offer any decent advice, we need to see pictures of her tits.'
paddy - 'Settle for nothing less than twin underseat pipes and round lights, anything else is inferior.'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:48 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandits are easy to get on the centre stand if you know how. I keep watching my friends standing on the centrestand lever and pulling back on the bars. This pushes the back down so it's really hard to get on the stand.

Once you have the bike where you want it, right foot on the stand until both of the stand's feet touch the ground, now take your right hand off the bars and reach under the tail unit, there's a little grab handle. A gentle tug upwards as you put some weight on the stand lever and it will pop right up.

If you are still having trouble check the preload on the rear shock has not been wound all the way low.
____________________
Apparently my GSF600S is an incredibly powerful sportsbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:02 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
Bandits are easy to get on the centre stand if you know how.


The correct technique will help no doubt but I can't imagine attempting to hoof my 200kg ZR7S onto a centre stand at 69. Rather handle the overweight lard while I'm "young n fit" and enjoy something lighter and more nimble as the years go on.

Bikes of such weight can quickly bite you on the arse if you get it wrong. Not only through the strain it can put on you if the correct technique isn't used but also because there's less room to get it wrong.. as I found out when my foot slipped of the centrestand because I'd walked on wet ground and luck alone saved me from becoming a pancake or taking a good old sleep in the hedge with the bike.

Fair play OP for attempting to tame such a heavy bike.
____________________
The big ol' lump.
C̶h̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶o̶d̶l̶e̶.̶
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.73 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 52 - Page Size: 92.37 Kb