Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dainese City Guard Armoured Jacket

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:40 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Dainese City Guard Armoured Jacket Reply with quote

I've been pondering over buying one of these lately. Has anyone else got one? If so, what do you think?

According to the product description, it's an armoured jacket that can be worn under none motorcycle specific clothing, or as a standalone armoured jacket on its own. It looks fairly close fitting so I'm guessing the armour will be comfortable and offer good protection in a fall. On top of this, they are supposed to offer excellent airflow so would be great in Summer. I'm guessing it must also offer reasonable abrasion assistance seeing as though it's the only jacket of its type which the manufacturer suggests can be worn on its own?

Kaya75
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:26 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, I thought it was crash protection, not city body amour, for fending off thieving scum Thumbs Up

As always tho safety is personal, best mitigation is to ride sympathically but with confidence, I guess, part of that is a feeling of confidence in your gear.

It's all a roll of a dice, I was there when my mate fell about 18 foot from a roof landed on his back on concrete slabs and winded himself. Then a guy down the street, fell 3 foot of a board and potatoes himself from the neck down.

Doink
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:23 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mesh jacket that i wear in the summer months, I'll always carry a waterproof overrjacket with it though in case the weather catches me out. That Dainese one looks great and after watching the Revzilla review I think I'll get one for this summer.

It's not the sort of thing I would wear in the winter months though, I like wearing my proper gear which waterproof anyway, plus I wouldn't want to wreck my normal clothes by getting muck on them which is highly likely with the state of my bike!

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Doink I have a similar mesh under armour that I wear either on long runs, or under a denim jacket during the summer.

I not actually had an a off wearing it, but the spine protection particularly makes me feel better.

bTW. Did anyone else open this hoping it was the sort of thing that Vmes would wear?
Cool

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the same jacket but in black with red/white on it its on sale at Dainese DStore in Wolverhampton at £170, be quick though their sale ends on Tuesday I understand.

https://www.dainese.me.uk/motorcycle/textile-clothing/summer-jackets/dainese-sport-guard-jacket.html

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Dainese City Guard Armoured Jacket Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
I've been pondering over buying one of these lately. Has anyone else got one? If so, what do you think?

Quote:
leightweight,
Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:00 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I like about this one is it says it can be worn on its own. Alot of the others are supposed to be worn under an abrasion resistant jacket. Probably why this one costs a fortune in comparison.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:03 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: Dainese City Guard Armoured Jacket Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Bozzy wrote:

Quote:
leightweight,
Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

Dainese; Where spelling matters less than protection. Hopefully... Rolling Eyes

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:38 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally wouldn't trust it, the Dainese Airframe looks more substantial to me.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting some quotes through Confused the other night (I use them as they have the least annoying TV ads), and they sent me a promo code for the Manchester store. Confused15 for 15% off (not sure of the terms etc.), might be of use for someone, not the OP as that jackets not on sale with them.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:37 - 30 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got their Air tex jacket. Slightly different in that it's a fully standalone mesh jacket but I'd imagine it'll be almost exactly the same just not as fitted. Great in the summer lots of airflow and good armour coverage.

Doink
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:17 - 30 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys99 wrote:
Personally wouldn't trust it, the Dainese Airframe looks more substantial to me.

Just watched the Revzilla video review on that one and although it has a detachable windproof liner it looks flimsier and doesn't have the chest or back protection.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1