Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cush drive rubbers removal Ducati 900SS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

BillyJ
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:22 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Cush drive rubbers removal Ducati 900SS Reply with quote

These are how they look (not mine, photo from ducati forum)
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachments/supersport/106887d1331488112-cush-bush-removal-easy-cheap-cush-drive-002.jpg

So I need to remove mine, I got 3 out by heating up hub using a mapp torch and getting grips on the centre metal bit and with a little convincing the whole thing freed up and just slid out with ease.

The other 3 have most of the rubber removed and the centres are out so are basically metal sleeves in very tight holes.

How can I get them out....?

Seems only way is either weld a bolt(or random bit of metal) to the inside and heat and pull like the rest
or
cut a slit down the inside without going into the wheel and fold the sleeve in. (I have done this before with a tiny clutch pushrod bearing.)

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you use a slide hammer?

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the holes run through to the other side?
If so why not linish the old ones and use as drifts.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a bitch. Enjoy.
Slitting them is almost the only way. Another is to chisel from the outside inwards to buckle them so they fall out.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

scotto75
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:14 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat the metal casing up with a blow torch and then use a grinding stone on a Dremel to cut a line down them. Once the metal casing has been cut through, the heat and rotating force of the dremel will loosen them up. This is how I got them out of my Honda.

I guess you could use a round file to grind down a line and then apply loads of heat and then try and knock them loose?

BillyJ
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:47 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done...

Thank f*ck for that...

Those last three were a real bitch.

Tried cutting a small slit in the outer shell and folding it in to get a set of grips on them and then heat and slide out like the rest.

Unfortunately being a bit of the casing that was being pulled on meant it was impossible to pull straight up and and they just wouldn't budge. Ended up cutting all the way down and folding them in, the one on the right was the real hard one to get out.

https://s28.postimg.org/9ys2t5ij1/IMG_20170114_WA0004.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 103 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1