Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I didn't realise bike theft in London was THIS bad...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/GLBvXnGo8fw

This

Dave_80
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:58 - 16 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another one where they put an airbag under a moped seat and wait for rats to ride off,would love to rig one up.

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:27 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken homes, no consequences, no stake in society. But for the grace of god go I I guess. I actually met one of these fuckers face to face last year in the hospital I work at. He'd been riding 'his scooter' the night before when he got taken out by a car who ran a red light apparently. He'd had his femur, tibia and a few metatarsals broken when the Audi Q7 I think it was gave him a bit fuck you.

Started off ok but quickly turned nasty when it turned out he would need to stay in hospital to wait for X-rays and the such. I ended up having to restrain him from trying to punch a female doctor. Then his 'boys' turned up and were trying to break into the ward. Security called, police attended, all calmed down a bit but the little shit was nothing but trouble for the three days he was there. I'm going to sue this, sue that etc etc. Every other word was a swear word.

Thing is the only thing these kids know is violence. Their father probably went gang banging before them, they have grown up in a world on some shit hole council estate where you fight and stab or get stabbed. I guess when you have nothing to lose, no stake, no life, no future it is easy to just say fuck it, I'm going to be a little shit.

It's not to say I am sympathising with these scum, but I can sort of see how it happens. Couple that with a police force who is either too busy or not allowed to do anything and you have a potent cocktail. He thought he was being a man, but he just came across as a pathetic boy. Lots of threats, lots of shouting and gun fingers, nothing material.

I like the idea of a parking break for motorbikes. Wonder if such a thing exists to retro fit? I was thinking recently that they must be able to make motorbikes pretty much unstealable? There must be the technology. They seem to have stopped a lot of car thieves in their tracks with recent technology - unless you leave your keys out etc. Can you not make the thing so riddled with immobilisers etc that it just won't start without replacing the whole electrical circuit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:19 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

155mph wrote:
.Back in the late 80s early 90s, car theft and associated crime was rife. You could drive away with someone's car armed with little more than a coat hanger and a screwdriver. Anyone here remember steering locks and gearshift locks?

Things have come a long way since. You now need an iPhone to drive away with someone's BMW Laughing . I suspect the tide will turn for motorcycles too. Pressure from insurers on manufacturers to do more and they can do more. Secure by design. WTF is the point of a steering lock? Just as easy to immobilise the gearbox or rear wheel. Modern cars have electronic parking brakes (EPB) so why not motorbikes? Sure that is not going to stop your bike being lifted into the back of a van, but it would sure as hell stop bikes being wheeled/pushed away.

I'm no engineer but I am sure the collective minds at BMW and Triumph could design better built-in security if they wanted to.

That's the thing, it means thieves now break into your house to get the keys, unless it does have a hackable system. Certain bike manufacturers have used immobilisers for a while, it's just apathy with some of them (KTM and Triumph for example).

SuperMike wrote:
It's not to say I am sympathising with these scum, but I can sort of see how it happens. Couple that with a police force who is either too busy or not allowed to do anything and you have a potent cocktail.

Myself and many other people I know came from 'broken' homes on a rough estate and didn't end up that way. It's just that some (if not a lot of) people with a broken moral compass do whatever they can get away with, and that's where the lack of policing becomes an issue.

I dunno what the problem's with the police force, maybe they're desensitised to crime, maybe they're overworked... or maybe it's easier going after a mean troll on twitter. Whatever the reasons they're failing communities being terrorised by these little shits, all because the safety of the perpetrator's more important than that of the general population. It's completely backwards.

Rant over Very Happy

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:05 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:

Started off ok but quickly turned nasty when it turned out he would need to stay in hospital to wait for X-rays and the such. I ended up having to restrain him from trying to punch a female doctor. Then his 'boys' turned up and were trying to break into the ward. Security called, police attended, all calmed down a bit but the little shit was nothing but trouble for the three days he was there. I'm going to sue this, sue that etc etc. Every other word was a swear word.

Wouldn't it be nice to just turf the little shit out on the curb and let him deal with his injury's himself.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:18 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
Broken homes, no consequences, no stake in society. But for the grace of god go I I guess. I actually met one of these fuckers face to face last year in the hospital I work at. He'd been riding 'his scooter' the night before when he got taken out by a car who ran a red light apparently. He'd had his femur, tibia and a few metatarsals broken when the Audi Q7 I think it was gave him a bit fuck you.

Thing is the only thing these kids know is violence. Their father probably went gang banging before them, they have grown up in a world on some shit hole council estate where you fight and stab or get stabbed. I guess when you have nothing to lose, no stake, no life, no future it is easy to just say fuck it, I'm going to be a little shit.

It's not to say I am sympathising with these scum, but I can sort of see how it happens. Couple that with a police force who is either too busy or not allowed to do anything and you have a potent cocktail. He thought he was being a man, but he just came across as a pathetic boy. Lots of threats, lots of shouting and gun fingers, nothing material.

Waste of resources then keeping the little bastard and his shitty pals from wrecking the place then.
Chuck the little cunt, broken bones and all back out in the street and let his 'boys' play doctor instead.
I'm all out of fucks to give about his pain and suffering. There's probably someone else out there still counting
the cost of having their bike stolen. Likely after some kind of physical attack. Who is making sure that person is okay
and getting help?

Shame the umpteen courses, libraries, rehab schemes, literacy and numeracy courses, job placements et al
laid on by civilised society for these idle fucks doesn't ring their bell like life 'on the road' (as they try to romantically
portray it) does. There are whole armies of folk, social workers, youth workers, mentors and the like trying in vain to
sort these little shits out and get them on the right track. I refuse to believe that 'they don't know what they do'
as the saying goes. Any pleb knows stabbing, stealing and being a feral scummer isn't acceptable behaviour, the fact
is they don't care. People making excuses for them are just as much a part of the problem. Lock 'em up or give 'em
a damn good whack. The softly sofly crap will not work.

definitelyinc...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:32 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Lock 'em up or give 'em

How likely is either of those to happen? Not very in my opinion Sad

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:51 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice to just euthanise him.

FTFY Smile

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:53 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

155mph wrote:
A victim's perspective. (sorry if this has been covered elsewhere).

Mopeds, moped, moped, mopeds. Mopeds.

He's not wrong though. Apart from this: "As for we bike riders, we too should have a legal duty to lock up our bikes with not just one but two strong locks, lest we lose our insurance or licence"

Uh huh. Jog on, victim blaming prat.

155mph wrote:
Anyone here remember steering locks

I still use one, on the advice of a copper chum. She reckons today's electro-pikeys are no longer going equipped to deal with them.

155mph wrote:
I'm no engineer but I am sure the collective minds at BMW and Triumph could design better built-in security if they wanted to.

And I'm sure they will when buyers start factoring it into their decision. If we did though, then Honda would have completely owned the market when they introduced H.I.S.S.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 11:59 - 17 Jan 2017; edited 2 times in total

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:57 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_80 wrote:
There's another one where they put an airbag under a moped seat and wait for rats to ride off,would love to rig one up.

And taking tea leaves for a ride in a truck Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

And I'm sure they will when buyers start factoring it into their decision. If we did though, then Honda would have completely owned the market when they introduced H.I.S.S.

Not a completely secure system AFAIK, but it gives you time where on a street triple they'd already be gone.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:43 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point being that it was around many years before Triumph put any sort of immobiliser on their bikes, and yet the Trumpets still sold, and got stolen.

The only reason that I can tell you that Nazi Tractor has an immobiliser is that there are plenty of tales of it going wrong (I jam an aerosol cap over the key hole to reduce water ingress). It wasn't the tiniest consideration in my purchase decision.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:55 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I binge-watched those bait videos recently.

With these I'm always impressed how nonchalant the thieves appear with what they're doing - if it's just a part of every day life for them.

There's a nice one where the bloke starts on them when confronted "I was just borrowing it" - because it's fine to "just borrow" someone else's property without asking.
Luckily despite looking like he may have a bit of roid-rage, the bloke he starts on apparently used to be an MMA fighter.

I've though that if I got a big euromillions win I'd chuck a couple of million into making an independant thief-bait charity. With the intention of prosecution rather than youtube lolz. Not sure how the police would view it. Insurance industry may dislike a reduction in thefts too?

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:51 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Waste of resources then keeping the little bastard and his shitty pals from wrecking the place then.
Chuck the little cunt, broken bones and all back out in the street and let his 'boys' play doctor instead.
I'm all out of fucks to give about his pain and suffering. There's probably someone else out there still counting
the cost of having their bike stolen. Likely after some kind of physical attack. Who is making sure that person is okay
and getting help?

Shame the umpteen courses, libraries, rehab schemes, literacy and numeracy courses, job placements et al
laid on by civilised society for these idle fucks doesn't ring their bell like life 'on the road' (as they try to romantically
portray it) does. There are whole armies of folk, social workers, youth workers, mentors and the like trying in vain to
sort these little shits out and get them on the right track. I refuse to believe that 'they don't know what they do'
as the saying goes. Any pleb knows stabbing, stealing and being a feral scummer isn't acceptable behaviour, the fact
is they don't care. People making excuses for them are just as much a part of the problem. Lock 'em up or give 'em

Oh don't get me wrong. If I wasn't in my uniform and at risk of getting sacked I would have loved nothing better than to give the little tosser a good pasting. He was one of those skinny lanky chavs with dread locks and arms you could put a hula hoop around. I'm no Mike Tyson but I would have backed myself to rip him a new one. My blood was boiling. He was trying to tell this sob story but then also went on to say how he got knocked off another bike a few weeks back and that he was just riding bruv init. Quite clearly scum.

I would be 100% behind the police just ramming into the back of them and reversing back over to make sure. I'm with you - we have gone down the education and liberal bollocks route and I think it is time to send out a clear message that if you ride around on a stolen bike you will end up in hospital at best.

My girlfriend disturbed a bunch of them fiddling with the neighbours bike a few months back at 2am when she woke up to get a drink. They waved a large kitchen knife at her and shouted we know where you live, I'm going to rape you etc. This is the issue. Would you or me go outside to confront 6 chavs with nothing to lose and armed with a few butchers knives / acid / god knows what? The police's response was very much don't confront these people. Scum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: I didn't realise bike theft in London was THIS bad... Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:
Video doing the rounds as of this morning, not sure if it's posted elsewhere, had a brief look and couldn't see it - https://www.facebook.com/superbikehooligans/videos/1276453932449485/

I know about the London situation but that even shocks me somewhat...

Re: the brick through the Porsche's window - it's a shame they didn't do it to a Range Rover - although I bet these lawless baklahfs would run straight to the police the moment they're wronged themselves.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
My point being that it was around many years before Triumph put any sort of immobiliser on their bikes, and yet the Trumpets still sold, and got stolen.

The only reason that I can tell you that Nazi Tractor has an immobiliser is that there are plenty of tales of it going wrong (I jam an aerosol cap over the key hole to reduce water ingress). It wasn't the tiniest consideration in my purchase decision.

I agree but I wouldn't say cars or bikes are logical purchases, otherwise we'd all be riding NC700's and driving Astra diesels (nearly there Roge' Wink).

Obviously it's only a deterrent anyway, as proven by the bikes that get lifted off the street, chains cut through in broad daylight etc.

SuperMike wrote:
My girlfriend disturbed a bunch of them fiddling with the neighbours bike a few months back at 2am when she woke up to get a drink. They waved a large kitchen knife at her and shouted we know where you live, I'm going to rape you etc. This is the issue. Would you or me go outside to confront 6 chavs with nothing to lose and armed with a few butchers knives / acid / god knows what? The police's response was very much don't confront these people. Scum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37358681

My personal opinion's do something, as in shout, call the police but don't try to be a hero (as unlike the movies heroes normally die). An example of when someone intervening prevented a theft, but still a bit risky IMO: https://youtu.be/MCWT7XJCB-I?t=2m45s

Last edited by M.C on 18:45 - 17 Jan 2017; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:45 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confrontation didn't work out too well for that bloke in Chadwell Heath...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:31 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: I didn't realise bike theft in London was THIS bad... Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Re: the brick through the Porsche's window - it's a shame they didn't do it to a Range Rover - although I bet these lawless baklahfs would run straight to the police the moment they're wronged themselves.

As it turns out, the chap hammering on the window with his lid was an NYPD rozzer who'd infiltrated the #Baklahf gang.

When will the black-blue-on-kind-of-yellowish violence end? Crying or Very sad

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:04 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my Trumpet nicked. Normal stuff for London. It's really brazen stuff and as plod isn't interested, it's just how it is.

I'm perfectly happy to charge out. I've walked into other peoples' fights before and it's just how I am.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it green with about 14k on the clock??
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3