Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Does fat shaming work?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Does fat shaming work? Reply with quote

This is awesome Mr. Green https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4125966/Esther-48-stone-micro-pig-forced-owners-buy-bigger-house.html?ito=social-facebook

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about a bigger house, if it were mine i'd be buying a 6ft chest freeze.

Mmmmm bacon Drooling

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:55 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Vegan Diet."

"Ben and Jerrys Ice cream."

Errr?

That'll be a standard large white sow then. When it was bought it will have been what is commonly known in the veterinary profession as "a piglet". They tend to be on the small side initially.

There's no such thing as a micro pig, any more than that dark complexioned Irish fellow with the basket of puppies is going to drown them if you don't buy one off him, the tramp in the shop doorway is going to spend the pound on a cup of tea or the robot on the phone is going to magic you free money out of thin air.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are thinking about it wrong. You need to think "can I east bacon batches anymore and still look her in the eye?"

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:02 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
You are thinking about it wrong. You need to think "can I east bacon batches anymore and still look her in the eye?"

No. Because she'd steal it off you and eat it herself.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:18 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
"Vegan Diet."

Er... "Esther - along with the couple's other animals [including two cats] - subscribes to a completely vegan diet"

<duck-and-cover.jpg>

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do vegans feel the need to bring it up all the time? Is it a religion?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:46 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Why do vegans feel the need to bring it up all the time? Is it a religion?

Because misery loves company.

I would quite happily feed them to their animals, particularly the two obligate carnivores, with a nice taurine sauce.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
"Vegan Diet."

Er... "Esther - along with the couple's other animals [including two cats] - subscribes to a completely vegan diet"

That gives me minor rage. I fucking hate these arseholes. Absolute bloody idiots.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:49 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the bacon is tainted by the rather strange fucked up vegan diet it's been fed. Crying or Very sad

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/ao9PbDe_700b.jpg
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 17 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I suspect the bacon is tainted by the rather strange fucked up vegan diet it's been fed. Crying or Very sad

I disagree, I would bet its diet has been very good and you have a happy healthy pig. If you snuck up on it and killed it while it was snoozing, you would get some delicious meat without taint from stress Thumbs Up

meggark wrote:
That gives me minor rage. I fucking hate these arseholes. Absolute bloody idiots.

I suggest you have a cuppa and go for a walk, you are shortening your life over nothing Mr. Green

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:45 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
"Vegan Diet."

"Ben and Jerrys Ice cream."

Errr?

Ben & Jerry's do an entire non-dairy range. However, I only found this out after reading the article and having the same reaction.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:15 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most commercial pigs are fed a vegan, or pretty much vegan diet anyway.

Animal protein is expensive. Soya is cheap.

A pigs digestive system is flexible and robust, they can thrive on almost anything you could identify as edible. And many things you couldn't.

For what it's worth. the pig doesn't look all that fat in the pictures, it's just big. It's a large white pig, they are very big animals.

I'm amazed theri house isn't more trashed. By that age/size, most pigs have worked out where the food is kept and that they can walk straight through a normal door to get to it, even if it's closed.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:33 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place I used to work used to give/sell the food waste (tomato tops and tails, scooped out melon, spilled pineapple etc) to a farmer by the dolav for his pigs.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:03 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been reading on my facebook about a local hotel that used to give leftovers to a local farmer for his pigs

he had to keep checking through them as the hotel had a habit of leaving silver plated forks in the bin with them

his grandson has them now and they have the engraving of the hotel on them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:10 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
A pigs digestive system is flexible and robust, they can thrive on almost anything you could identify as edible.

How about a cat's?

Don't... don't you like cats? Shocked

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:13 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I'm amazed theri house isn't more trashed. By that age/size, most pigs have worked out where the food is kept and that they can walk straight through a normal door to get to it, even if it's closed.

I can confirm this. When I was a boy my gran hand reared a piglet which she fed on weetabix. As it grew up it got to a size where one day it smelled weetabix we were having for breakfast and crashed in from outside, walked straight through the locked back door. Earned itself a trip to the bacon slicer.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SophR so good
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:28 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite a famous pig https://www.facebook.com/estherthewonderpig/

I think their house probably does get trashed but they look to spend all their time at home tarting the place up for pig based books and news stories.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Most commercial pigs are fed a vegan, or pretty much vegan diet anyway.

That's fine, I know the pig will be happy enough it's the fact that the cats are also fed on a vegan diet that annoted me. Ad Roger said they are obligate carnivores - meat only. They can't properly process many vegetables and taurine is an essential component in their food which they won't get from plants. It's are ridiculous idea to feed cats on a vegetarian diet.

That said I had a few too many whiskies last night and was already in a bad mood because my cg was being temperamental and I had misplaced one of the keys to my er6 (earlier in the evening, not post whisky!). I may have
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1