Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

VIGO Fully Electric Motorcycle.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: VIGO Fully Electric Motorcycle. Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m36GIFcOE2I
Imagined 400 mile range, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 180mph top speed, weight 350 pounds. £8000 (£6000 for "supporters"). Shocked

Quote:
All other motorcycles manufacturers use lithium-ion batteries. We are not using lithium-ion batteries - we're using different one with higher density (the amount of energy per kilo of battery). Thus we can achieve such an incredible range!

Quote:
It is in development. We still require 5-9 months to fully finish electrical components of the motorcycle and perform final tests to meet regulations.

https://eco-motorcycles.co.uk/vigo
Not asking for money (yet).
It reminds me of something... Thinking Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rendered by the same team that rendered RainPal...

Wide berth required...

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:52 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% EcoSafe..... meaningless statement. Unless it is made from 100% recycled parts with 0% energy production costs, used consumables can be recycled with zero cost, etc inf.

Hope the Aarons have upgraded the battery spec on this tho, and if it's not a delusional AA-esque fantasy, would like to actually see one!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that bit at the end of the video, a street view image with a CGI bike flying past Laughing Yeah I think they should take a literacy class before they try to build a motorcycle.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:09 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Russian Adam Aarons wrote:
Vigo Motorcycle expect to reach a revenue of £16.4 million in the first year, £64.3 million in the second and £167.4 million in the third year of trading.

Looks like we've got a whole new Aarons to play with.

https://www.facebook.com/vigo.motorcycle/

"Will the bike be compatible with Rainpal 61,500,335 Talking About This?"

Whistle

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The downside to electric vehicles is the added weight, I wouldn't imagine that it's going to be great handling, even if it ever made it into production.

Edit: I checked and it's claimed 160kg. If they achieve that, then it may well be a flyer.

£5,999 if you get in early.

Adam, is that you?

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: VIGO Fully Electric Motorcycle. Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m36GIFcOE2I
Imagined 400 mile range, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 180mph top speed, weight 350 pounds.

Just imagine the range they could extrapolate if they reined in the performance a bit and gave it better aeros.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big on ideas, small on technical details.
I wonder what the mysterious different battery technology is?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timofey SERGEEV

Correspondence address
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX

Date of birth
August 1985

Nationality
Russian

Country of residence
United Kingdom

Occupation
Executive

https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothy-sergeev-898b23105

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.sergeev

https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/timothy.sergeev

https://angel.co/timothy-sergeev

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:03 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

120hp getting you to 180mph?
That's down to the fairings. Entirely possible. But I'd be confident not with the fairings they've 'designed'.

For the battery, lets assume to be very kind that the capacity shown is usable capacity and it's 100% efficient. Their claims suggest 52.5wh to get you one mile.
That seems to be less than most claim for current models - however would be considered bad for an electric push bike, so perhaps they're basing it on going very slowly?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
Big on ideas, small on technical details.
I wonder what the mysterious different battery technology is?

They may have decided to go the route of Rainpal and plugged it directly into the bike!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:06 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: VIGO Fully Electric Motorcycle. Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Imagined 400 mile range, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 180mph top speed, weight 350 pounds. £8000 (£6000 for "supporters"). Shocked

My imaginary bike has a thousand mile range, 0-60 in 1.2 seconds, will do 300mph, weights 80kg and you can get on my imaginary delivery list for just £4000 (or for £10,000 but with 50% off if you buy now).

Western Union, Bitcoin, or gold bullion payments only because of patent security design rights.

V2
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:26 - 27 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easy, they use batterypal batteries

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:58 - 27 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this? The Russian mafia want in on some Rainpal? Where's ma muhnnny?

I can see this working. I mean, as a lure to drag in the preorders of a nonexistent product from hardworking and stupid donkeys. I suppose a fool and his money are easily parted.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 00:09 - 28 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

Correspondence address
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX

https://yourvirtualofficelondon.co.uk/

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 28 Jan 2017    Post subject: Re: VIGO Fully Electric Motorcycle. Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

My imaginary bike has a thousand mile range, 0-60 in 1.2 seconds, will do 300mph, weights 80kg and you can get on my imaginary delivery list for just £4000 (or for £10,000 but with 50% off if you buy now).

Western Union, Bitcoin, or gold bullion payments only because of patent security design rights.

https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/torty_2008/Shut-up-and-take-my-money_zpsnwlbxxg5.jpg

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:15 - 28 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The annoying thing is, it isn't even a good scam.

I could imagine it working as a scam if:
If it the website was better designed, with more convincing videos and tech bits
20% discount for buying it now.
40bhp/100 mile range
£6k

pikey666
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:53 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

52.5wh per mile is terrible compared to any of the e bicycles we sell at work.

Having tried a number of brands over the years we tend to ignore the claimed range and give a real world use age of approximately 100wh to go 13 miles for normal usage.
Using a e mountain bike for proper mountain biking kills the range, its more like 100wh for 7 miles.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:04 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikey666 wrote:

Having tried a number of brands over the years we tend to ignore the claimed range and give a real world use age of approximately 100wh to go 13 miles for normal usage.
Using a e mountain bike for proper mountain biking kills the range, its more like 100wh for 7 miles.

Is that 250w ones?

7.7wh/km sounds pretty low.

ajag
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:10 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they really have this new and great battery technology, all the need to do is licence the technology to other people and they got their funding. In fact, that is the most important invention they have here, not an electric motorcycle.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 29 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElectricPal?

Laughable.

pikey666
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:39 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
pikey666 wrote:

Is that 250w ones?

7.7wh/km sounds pretty low.

Yeah I work in a bicycle shop so we only sell the 250w models, the legislation surrounding the 350w versions is too much hassle.

Most of the manufacturers claim a far greater range but they are as false in the real world as the car manufacturers mpg claims.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:51 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's reasonable then.

Get up to 1kw or whatever and of course the increased speeds lead to decreased range efficiency.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikey666 wrote:

Yeah I work in a bicycle shop so we only sell the 250w models, the legislation surrounding the 350w versions is too much hassle.

Do you know if the story about the guy with 350w bike, who got into an accident with a bus is true? I can only find mentions of it, not an actual article on the story. I'm interested in derestricted ebikes but I'm trying to weigh up the risk vs reward.

pikey666
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:39 - 02 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
pikey666 wrote:

Do you know if the story about the guy with 350w bike, who got into an accident with a bus is true? I can only find mentions of it, not an actual article on the story. I'm interested in derestricted ebikes but I'm trying to weigh up the risk vs reward.

I don't have any links to verify the story but was talking to a rep for one of the e bike companies who said that the guy was on a 350w e bike and was hit by a bus. The bus company were about to pay out until the investigation found the unrestricted motor. The story is that the bus company ended up with no liability or payout.

A lot of the problem with the 350w bikes will be finding a company willing to insure you. Also the bike will I think need a sva check. Some companies like kalkhoff can provide a bike with a certificate of conformity from the factory so missing out the sva part.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2