Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda are lying bastards

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:50 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm struggling to see why OP is angry.

The bike has a recall out. The recall work is being done. The work will be warrantied.

It's a crank. If they fuck up the work during the recall, it will fail quickly and comprehensively. If they don't fuck up, it will keep working. Either way, the bike will still work just fine when you get bored and sell it in 3 months.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit happens.

Shit is being fixed.

You are having a minor inconvenience.

STFU and get on with life you whiney twat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 19 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:

Because a bike i bought new that now needs to have its engine pulled apart, am i being unfair with being angry, would you find it acceptable after paying so much?. Honda new about this problem before July last year then started issuing recalls in July 2016, I spoke to Honda UK head office last August and they assured me that no UK bikes are affected.

Got to be honest i think your over reacting slightly, its mildly annoying having you bike out of action for a few days but if you get a loaner whats the issue. As nobby el bastardo said its all being done for free.

Now if they'd have denied there was a problem, refused to fix it and the engine shit its self and they wanted you to pay for the repairs them you'd be justified in rejecting the bike and get all SOGA on their asses

As it stands i think you need to take a chill pill and stop moaning

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 01:06 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:

I'm imagine he's just Frank Doberman-ing himself up to try and wriggle out of a contract for a bike that he wants rid of.

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:14 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda recalling a bike because of the possibility something might be wrong with it rather than something clearly wrong with it is a good sign. It shows its Japanese integrity and conscientiousness. Most of the 'cool' manufacturers would do a Microsoft, or a General Motors, and bury their heads in the marketing in the event that someone brought a problem with their product to their attention, but the likes of Honda look at the long-term picture.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:

The point I am making though, is that there isn't a fault. The recall is purely a precautionary measure to prevent a possible future fault! Even though there's probably a greater chance of being struck by lightening!

There's a good chance it'll be struck by lightening if it does throw a rod or two Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:59 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
...if it does throw a rod or two Laughing

Considering that it's a single, that really would be impressive.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Robby wrote:

I'm imagine he's just Frank Doberman-ing himself up to try and wriggle out of a contract for a bike that he wants rid of.

Actually the bike only has £300 left to pay on it so no Im not trying to wriggle out, and since it has 8k on it Im assuming if it was gonna shit its crank it would have done so by now.
And yes wondering wether they would assign some spotty apprentice to work on his first single in the workshop is worrying, my anger is because Honda new about this a while back and acted quickly in the US most likely because of the risk of lawsuits, then more likely we can wait and see what happens in the UK, now considering they are supposed to know which batch of cranks may be faulty and they should know what bikes they went into why would it take one and a half years to announce a recall?, most likely so you will have a few miles on them and it would be hard to return them.
@Fisty, I see you have thought hard on your reply to this thread lol.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:39 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the recall work done and then move on with your life.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:42 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:

Because a bike i bought new that now needs to have its engine pulled apart, am i being unfair with being angry, would you find it acceptable after paying so much?. Honda new about this problem before July last year then started issuing recalls in July 2016, I spoke to Honda UK head office last August and they assured me that no UK bikes are affected.

There is no subsection of SOGA that allows the repudiation of a contract due to the product owner feeling a bit angry.

Your bike has been fit for purpose, to prove otherwise would require you to pay an independent to strip the engine and analyse each item.

I'm guessing you don't want that expense, therefore your only alternative is to accept the recall, smile, and suck up the butthurt. As has been said, all manufacturers carry out recalls on potentially serious defects - it's not a cue to escape from a finance deal or a boring bike.

Next time: don't buy new and let someone else break it in and get angry, while swallowing the depreciation.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depreciation is not the problem, what the bike has saved me in fuel alone has paid for that, its the way they have hung on till finally saying something, i will just tlook at part exing for something else now, already been looking over xmas. Im assuming an official letter will arrive in the next month or so. Mawsley the bike does what i bought it for, mpg 92 on average, also didnt want to jump onto a big bike from a CG so not bored at all.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:58 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're pissed off with the customer service you've had from a dealer so you're going to get another bike from that dealer? Eh?

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:59 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:
Depreciation is not the problem, what the bike has saved me in fuel alone has paid for that, its the way they have hung on till finally saying something, i will just tlook at part exing for something else now, already been looking over xmas. Im assuming an official letter will arrive in the next month or so. Mawsley the bike does what i bought it for, mpg 92 on average, also didnt want to jump onto a big bike from a CG so not bored at all.

So what if they waited a while? You're aware of it now so what's your problem? Get it done, it'll have a service while it's there and a health check then you can ride around merrily on your boring bike until you want to sell it. I, like everyone else reading this thread can't see the issue.
Us Brits love a whinge don't we? Christ.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:10 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's as much about the recall but OP's saying he enquired about the matter last year and was told that UK bikes were not effected yet now it appears they are?

A recall is quiet an inconvenience but certainly not the end of the world...

I find it hard to believe OP is raging so hard at merely the concept of a recall and it must be the 'deception'...

Maybe the website is wrong? Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:24 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:
i will just tlook at part exing for something else now

I'll be interested to hear what you're offered. I ask in the context of you exhorting people not to buy a CBR300R - little tip, slag it off after you've punted it on.

Mark65 wrote:
Mawsley the bike does what i bought it for

It's fit for purpose?

I too honestly don't get why you're "so angry". The dealer didn't lie to you, they told the truth as it was at the time.

What else did you expect them to say? "Well, Honda UK say it's not affected, but dash it if we're not going to jolly well put our time and money into stripping it down and rebuilding it anyway with parts made to the exact same spec as the one that we'll be replacing."

Did you actually contact Honda UK corporate? Did they deny that there was a problem? Custard test on that.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg, yes i contacted Honda UK and they denied any faults with the UK bike, they even asked where i got my info from regarding the problem, I think its better to warn others.
I struggle to believe Honda UK new nothing about this when it was happening in the US,Canada,Thailand,New Zealand, Australia to name a few. As for "so they waited a while", I bought my bike in July 15, I still have to receive a official recall letter, if i get one next month thats 7 months after the recall was first started.
Do I blame the dealer, no as I got my bike before this came out, would I buy another Honda, I dont think so at the moment, but I was planning on an NC for commuting, is it a fault of building cheap bikes to make bigger profits, probably.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:44 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:
...would I buy another Honda, I dont think so at the moment.

The easiest solution is to give up biking then, you'll find every manufacturer carries out recalls on new models.

*I've only thrown that one link in for reference, you can find many, many other examples.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:
Mark65 wrote:
...would I buy another Honda, I dont think so at the moment.

The easiest solution is to give up biking then, you'll find every manufacturer carries out recalls on new models.

*I've only thrown that one link in for reference, you can find many, many other examples.

I can understand that but this is not an oil seal, starter motor or other ancillary, this is a crank, the main part of an engine, this should be standard stuff to build for the past 70 years.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:09 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop crying faggot. You bought a shit budget bike, they found faults with it, are happy to resolve said faults.

Wah wah wah.

Shit happens.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Honda had a recall last year. Apparently a part in the drive shaft could have failed so they fitted a 'temporary' brand new shaft at service time, then installed a 'permanent' fix brand new shaft at the next service.

Had no issues at all. Thumbs Up

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Stop crying faggot. You bought a shit budget bike, they found faults with it, are happy to resolve said faults.

Wah wah wah.

Shit happens.

Your right Paddy, i should never have expected my budget brand new Honda to be fault free, from now on I will follow your example and buy shitty bikes a few times a year then I will not be dissapointed.
Thanks for the advice.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all down to what is reasonable.

If the manufacturer is offering to put things right I don't really see the issue; yes it's not great but it is reasonable to let them put the issue right - at no cost to yourself.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were crying because your bike broke due to a known fault, and Honda wanted to charge you, then I could understand it, but this...?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I've really go no idea what you are bitching about.

I'd hazard a guess at:

Mark65 wrote:
So last summer HondaUK and my dealership told me UK bikes are not affected by the crank recall

Mark65 wrote:
VIN number: MLHNC51B4F******* According to our records, there is some outstanding work to be carried out: Cbr300r connecting rod bearing

That is Honda, who make the bikes, say that it needs looking at, given that they know where that bike went in the world I'd trust that opinion. Honda UK, who basically just import the bikes, say "No it's ok honest, trust us".

If there's a recall on the VIN Honda UK should be looking at it, full stop, even if it's just to establish if any work needs doing.

Honda UK known for dragging their feet, trying to blame the owner right up to the point that they are proven wrong. Then they give in. See NC750 tyres, chains relays as examples.

arthurmo
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:14 - 20 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could look at it as 'great free parts' and the bike being checked over that's what I did when my explorer went in for the cam bucket replacement,side stand replacement,ecu replacment and fork seal replacements all one after the other. I just accepted it under new bike shit happens.

The difference is that the Triumph dealer I went to made it their priority to get you in sorted out and back on the road.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4