Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trump's easing in week.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 06:23 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Nothing totalitarian at all in trying to withdraw security clearances from folks that oppose the God Emperor.

And who have been leveraging that clearance for their own personal advantage to commit heresies against Him.

NorKor progress under the God Emperor: better or worse than under any other Murcan president in the history of history?

Trade:
The God Emperor wrote:
This is why [I and Drunkers] agreed today, first of all, to work together toward zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsidies

The last being the critical one.

You were saying something funny about tariffs not working?

The God Emperor is pro free-trade. But free of tariffs and free of subsidies: "fairer and more reciprocal".

"the European Union is going to do better, stronger, bigger"

Make Europe Great Again! MEGA! Whistle

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 07:29 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

NorKor progress under the God Emperor: better or worse than under any other Murcan president in the history of history?

Worse, of course. There used to be UN inspections of their nuclear installations, none are happening now. Only Stable Genius's huffing and puffing is extraordinary.

Rogerborg wrote:

Trade:
The God Emperor wrote:
This is why [I and Drunkers] agreed today, first of all, to work together toward zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsidies

You were saying something funny about tariffs not working?

If only tariffs could be dismantled by tweeting at them. He can also say that he will work towards curing cancer and bringing good weather to Seattle.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:17 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
There used to be UN inspections of their nuclear installations, none are happening now.

None were happening under Obama, or Bush II. The "monitoring" was always a bad joke anyway, with Dear Leader giving poor old Hans Blix (oh no, not Hans Blix) the run around.

https://i.imgur.com/QIBQdD2.png

The God Emperor is making progress. Bear in mind that the NorKorians have already set up Little Rocket Man as a false god; it'll take them time to see the light, even if it's a very, very bright one.

cdlxxvi wrote:
If only tariffs could be dismantled by tweeting at them.

If only that had been a tweet and not a joint press conference with Drunkers.

Tariffs can be dismantled by His will alone. The God Emperor giveth tariffs and the God Emperor taketh them away. Praying

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:33 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Rogerborg wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
There used to be UN inspections of their nuclear installations, none are happening now.

None were happening under Obama, or Bush II.

I fully agree that the Stable Genius is the best 45th president USA ever in the history of the last year.

Meanwhile, there is no evidence of NorKor nukes actually being scrapped. It's all talk, talk, talk.

Quote:

cdlxxvi wrote:
If only tariffs could be dismantled by tweeting at them.

If only that had been a tweet and not a joint press conference with Drunkers.

If only tariffs could be dismantled by talking at them.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:58 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

I made the strongest and best use of a rhetorical device that anyone has ever used since I invented rhetoric.

cdlxxvi wrote:
If only tariffs could be dismantled by talking at them.

Just another quick "are we in the same reality" check: you do realise that Trump is actually President, and one of the few things over which he has direct control is tariffs?

He can drop US tariffs any time he likes. He wants to do so, when the EU stops acting in a predatory, protectionist manner.

Recall, Murcan tariffs on subsidised EU steel being dumped on them follow EU tariffs on subsidised China-China-China steel being dumped on them.

The EU blocks perfectly healthsome chlorine gassed USian frankenchickens. The only weaponised "food" that Murca bans is haggis, because they are sane.

This can all stop as soon as the EU stops, with a stroke of the golden pen in the mighty and large hand of Trump. The God Emperor isn't escalating, he's equalising.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:18 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To wrap it up then, the Stable Genius has no quantifiable success in North Korea, and did not achieve free trade with EU*.

Please let me know when he actually does something with either.

*If he achieves** it, I will be the first to applaud him and it will significantly change my opinion of him. It will be a genius achievement, even if not so stable.

**Achieve as in the thing actually happening and not only talktalktalk tweettweettweet.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:50 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
To wrap it up then, the Stable Genius has no quantifiable success in North Korea

Apart from the dismantled nukular site, which is literally a concrete achievement, but to be fair, it's OK to not count that because Trump has silly hair.

cdlxxvi wrote:
and did not achieve free trade with EU

The God Emperor has already achieved more equitable trade with the EU by sheer executive fiat.

The free trade will come when they submit fully to His will, as they shall, lest they SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE.

cdlxxvi wrote:
*If he achieves** it, I will be the first to applaud him and it will significantly change my opinion of him. It will be a genius achievement

QFT.

Let's be honest though, you'll always find some "yeahbut" gotchya, like the aforementioned offal-bombs being banned. I mean, OK, it looks like He is walking on water, but you can see the soles of His feet getting slightly splashed. Folded arms

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Meanwhile, there is no evidence of NorKor nukes actually being scrapped. It's all talk, talk, talk.

Talking to Rocket Man is in itself progress. So too is talking to Putin, both of whom I distrust as much as the next man.
So he has broken all the moulds on how presidents go about this. Well, I'd say those moulds were getting very mouldy anyway. They hadn't achieved anything. Remember where we were at with Rocket Man before Trump - heavy sanctions, no talk, no results, nowhere left to go - worth trying another angle. It might not work. But it might.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Trade:
The God Emperor wrote:

Let's see what Monsieur Farmer thinks about having his EU subsidies withdrawn. Presumably it doesn't apply to the $12bn US Farmers are about to receive, cos Murica?

Edit: nice to see he's following an Obama initiative. Laughing
https://www.thebalance.com/government-subsidies-definition-farm-oil-export-etc-3305788

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:36 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Let's be honest though, you'll always find some "yeahbut" gotchya, like the aforementioned offal-bombs being banned. I mean, OK, it looks like He is walking on water, but you can see the soles of His feet getting slightly splashed. Folded arms

Not some gotchya, but the same: it's all talk and no do.

Can you move goods between EU and US tarif-free? No, you cannot.
Have we seen the scrapped NK nukes? No, we haven't.

Have we seen him anywhere near water? No, we just saw tweets that he'll walk ever so bigly. Or maybe work towards walking. Or maybe open talks to start working.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:42 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Talking to Rocket Man is in itself progress. So too is talking to Putin, both of whom I distrust as much as the next man.
So he has broken all the moulds on how presidents go about this. Well, I'd say those moulds were getting very mouldy anyway. They hadn't achieved anything. Remember where we were at with Rocket Man before Trump - heavy sanctions, no talk, no results, nowhere left to go - worth trying another angle. It might not work. But it might.

You, sir, are wrong about Kim and Vladimir Vladimirovich. The Stable Geniuses of NK have been talked to for half a century; it's nothing new. Putin has been talked to countless times since he took over; the only new aspect is that we saw no prior US president kowtow to him.

Again, I will hail Trump if he achieves something with the EU trade. But the evidence for that will be goods actually being shipped transatlantic without tariffs collected; so far no such thing happened.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
the $12bn US Farmers are about to receive, cos Murica?

You believe this trade war is Trump's final position then? Not part of his style of ongoing negotiation by action?
Well, I suppose if the EU and others aren't prepared to move (and we know how self-righteous the EU is), neither will he. Who will blink first? Who has the strength to hold out longest?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

You, sir, are wrong about Kim and Vladimir Vladimirovich. The Stable Geniuses of NK have been talked to for half a century; it's nothing new.

The carrot-and-stick choice that has been offered up till now has failed, the carrot not being sweet enough, and the stick not being big enough, resulting only in driving the two regimes in question further into a corner, only making them more entrenched. Or were you seeing positive results I had missed?

Trump is kowtowing? I think he has been quite clear in his carrot-and-stick approach. And he certainly has the bigger stick.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:24 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

You believe this trade war is Trump's final position then? Not part of his style of ongoing negotiation by action?
Well, I suppose if the EU and others aren't prepared to move (and we know how self-righteous the EU is), neither will he. Who will blink first? Who has the strength to hold out longest?

I guess Trump only needs to win once to be re-elected, his voters love his stance. The EU has 27 leaders looking to be re-elected, Trumps hand would appear stronger here

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:26 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Who has the strength to hold out longest?

For the next two, or six years? The God Emperor.

Since the EUSSR as a project isn't subject to such ephemeral considerations as election, they do have the long term advantage.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

I don't believe anything but if you think that farmers here are willing to kiss off the biggest soy market, built up through years of hardwork and massive subsidies, for a maybe/maybe not deal with Europe which is likely to be smaller than the Chinese market and with zero subsidies then I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they vote next time around.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
we'll just have to wait and see how they vote next time around.

And that's the thing about both Trump and Brexit. They are such big changes, that "wait and see" is really all we can do. But I do think that sooner or later, such projects would have to be tried by the West. Everyone was acknowledging before these two 'events' that the world beyond us was changing. And yet so many people seem to have wanted to carry on as before.

I don't really know if Trump or the UK's EU referendum results are the right approaches, but if it brings our dear leaders to their senses about such changes, then it can't be all bad. We can't go on burying our heads in the sand forever. Although actually, I could, cos none of it makes much difference to me, hence why I'm sitting back and enjoying the whole thing Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Who has the strength to hold out longest?

For the next two, or six years? The God Emperor.

Since the EUSSR as a project isn't subject to such ephemeral considerations as election, they do have the long term advantage.

Yes, Trump will need at some point to nominate a successor.
Although I wonder quite how long the EU really has...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:19 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I make it about 975 more years if all goes according to the master plan.

chickenstrip wrote:
Trump will need at some point to nominate a successor.

Well... maybe.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spacemarine/images/6/61/Emperor_golden_throne.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/528?cb=20110905132057

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I make it about 975 more years if all goes according to the master plan.

Thinking Do they know something Hitler didn't?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:23 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Thinking Do they know something Hitler didn't?

Apropos to the thread title, if you just ease it in, there's less struggling.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do half of our threads end up with someone bringing up Hitler?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:00 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?

Wir mussen die Juden ausrotten.

I'm so going to hell but I'll make BCF great again first. Mr. Green

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Why do half of our threads end up with someone bringing up Hitler?

Wir müssen ein Fuehrer haben.

Ste fur Fuehrer.
Nobkatze fur Reichsmarshal.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:07 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste for führer.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25