Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

''Jawa'' 350 OHC

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: ''Jawa'' 350 OHC Reply with quote

It was just a matter of time and here it is. Jawa went Asian, using a Shineray 400 as a base of their new 350 OHC model. So, it seems to me Jawa's going to become a rebranding company, instead of releasing their mighty 1000cc disappointment.

Not much info yet, only speculations. Could be released this March.

Rumer has it, the final price tag for this ''Jawa'' 350 OHC should be around 100,000CZK (£3144.36). The Polish Romet 400 goes for about £400 less.

Source: https://www.motorkari.cz/clanky/moto-novinky/jawa/jawa-350-ohc-realita-nebo-dalsi-mytus-z-tynce-35894.html

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-01/35894.jpg

''Spy'' photo from the factory
https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-01/35894/foto2.jpg

Shineray / Romet Classic 400 (Polish manufacturer)
https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-01/35894/04.jpg

Oldie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:53 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame that old brands are used in this way. Ok, maybe the tank is Jawa, but that will be all.

Not that I disagree with using those old design Honda engines in Mash/Sinnis/Herald/whatever but why kid on that it's a Jawa, when it's clearly not. Even if it's a better bike than a real Jawa, it's still not a Jawa.

On the other hand, it's a nice clean 4 stroke which probably starts every time (but won't get you across a Hungarian turnip field in November).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:07 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, Mash Roadstar 400?

https://www.bikesdoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Mash-Five-Hundred-400-1.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:38 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

More authentic than most would think. It's pretty much a parts bin special.

Basically an early 90's 500R with a chinese engine rather than a rotax single with a model 634 tank to keep the hipsters happy.

https://www.jawamania.info/Files/models/227067/825_500_R.jpg

Oldie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:34 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Basically an early 90's 500R with a chinese engine rather than a rotax single with a model 634 tank to keep the hipsters happy.

You'll have to help me here. Apart from the tank and side panels, which other bits are Jawa?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:10 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Looks to me that it's pretty much a "Mash", unless that's meant to be a Jawa knock-off as well.

I'm not saying it's a bad bike, lunixyeti likes his, just that it appears to be a straight rebranding exercise. If they're stealing back their own knock-off, fair play, I don't know the brand's history.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shineray 400 seems to be quite popular.

Mash
Jawa
Romet
SWM

And who knows what other manufacturers decided to rebrand this Chinese marvel of technology. Well, allegedly, the engine is EURO IV friendly. I've never seen a ''modern'' Chinese motorcycle up close, I might gonna go and have a look at this one.

Wiki
Quote:
Shineray recently leased Husqvarna's factory in Varna, Italy and acquired the rights to produce several of their models under the resurrected SWM brand.[12] Shineray will also use the leases to produce models under their SRM brand, which will be imported to China.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's a Shineray 400, and you can tell it's one of the Euro 4 compliant versions simply by looking at the down pipes. And yep, Roger is correct, I do like mine, (Mash 400).

The big problem for Jawa is, as far as I can tell, they don't produce any Euro 4 compliant bikes themselves, perhaps they will in future, but at the moment they don't, so, this seems like a relatively sensible move, a pretty well proven bike & technology, that's proving to be relatively popular. In some ways it's a bit of a shame, as I do have a soft spot for Jawas, and MZ's for that matter.

Oh, and it's not a case of Jawa reclaiming one of their own back, it's actually based on a Honda CB400SS.

Just a shame there's still no centre stand.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 31 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose one thing that might come out of this is that maybe just maybe it will another avenue for Chinese spares?

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:37 - 05 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with jawas is they were made for Ivans with 32 inch inside legs. Me short arsed Fen bloke 30 inch inside leg! Me legs don't fit Jawas!
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 14 days between these two posts...

tonybaloni
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:04 - 20 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re Jawa/mash 400 Reply with quote

If secretagent is vertically challenged he could drop the forks thru the stanchions by 40mm,fit Hagon rear shox 35/40mm shorter than originals and be able to plant his feet firmly on the deck.It works fine for riding solo but might compromise carrying a passenger.Have found no problem with the handling - maybe drops into corners a little quicker,still plenty of room for front wheel clearance under heavy braking.A mornings work and you end up with a bespoke bike for a shortarse.You also need a bar riser to clear the fork tubes which will now extend above the top stanchion.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1