BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KArma glitch?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:38 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: KArma glitch? Reply with quote

I went to rate some kitchen spam with a spam rating, and it seems my Karma has gone a rather negative, even though no-one has been on a downvote spree.

A fix would be appreciated. Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:56 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you done? Laughing

Send money, I will fix. Thumbs Up

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 08:12 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because you went on a downvoting spree - the karma bot will ream you for that.

Enjoy your red blobs.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:25 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you can go on as much of a Thumbs Down rating or Thumbs Up rating spree as you want and the karma system doesn't care unless you trigger it to automatically revoke those ratings.

Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: KArma glitch? Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
I went to rate some kitchen spam with a spam rating

I'd imagine that you got bummed for multi-Spam rating that Vlogtard in General.

Yet more proof that vlogging is internets cancer. Crying or Very sad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:33 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's maybe having a pap about the 17 consecuative spam ratings you gave that motovlogger?

Probably looks like a karma war to the 'bot.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:49 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it wore my 3rd gold blob down a bit too. I dropped 15 borings.

Totes worth it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:46 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: KArma glitch? Reply with quote

As above - you abused the Karma system.
I expect it's working absolutely as designed.

Much as he may have deserved it, a lot of the posts you clicked on weren't themselves spam that I can see.
Further - if all a user's posts are spam, there's no need to rate them all; a couple and it should be picked up.
If you don't want to see a particular user's posts, you can always set them to enemy.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:49 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut Tut

The karma system is throwing up various anomalies at the moment.

In the case of ThatDippyTwat, it's thrown a hissy fit and slaughtered his karma but hasn't revoked the ratings whilst in other cases it's revoked ratings and not done anything to that persons blobs.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:57 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: KArma glitch? Reply with quote

G wrote:
I expect it's working absolutely as designed.

When everyone agrees, we're all wrong.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:17 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: KArma glitch? Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

When everyone agrees, we're all wrong.

When one person agrees 20 times in a row in exactly the same manner - they should have clicked 'enemy'.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: KArma glitch? Reply with quote

G wrote:

Much as he may have deserved it, a lot of the posts you clicked on weren't themselves spam that I can see.

15 borings. Surely that's a subjective term? But whatever, still totes worth it. Thumbs Up
Won't be keeping me awake tonight. Laughing

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's having a fit about rating him as the spammy jizzglobule he is, it's broken. But hey, If that's the way things are? Worth it. I have an intense dislike for self-promoting spunktrumpets without any discernible talent.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 01 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright dude. We can rebuild you. We have the technology. We can make your karma better than it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A related Karma Kwery please.

I notice that when downvoting, one of the options (which I've never used), is "I disagree with this post". If you select that, does it reduce the recipient's karma - if so is that right? Eg, there's a thread elsewhere where a guy is asking advice over what bike to buy, and I happen to disagree strongly with some of the answers. But only because it's a matter of opinion, and surely wouldn't be right for me to downvote those people, if it reduces their karma?

Clarification please?!

While I'm here... where can you see what posts you've received votes on, and what you've voted? I've seen this before but can't remember where... I thought it was at the bottom of my user profile, but all I can see there is a ratings log with totals given and received?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does reduce their karma - it is negative karma after all. But it's only a tiny bit. In the same way as someone agreeing with your post only increases your karma by a small amount.

I tend not to use that one anyway - but if I did it would only be on a matter of fact that's just outright incorrect; for example in workshop where someone suggests something that's just outright wrong and going to do more harm than good. The rest of the time, I don't really bother.

I reserve the Confusing one for people that suggest things that make bugger all sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
A related Karma Kwery please.

I notice that when downvoting

Up or down, it's all Karma - "I disagree with this post" seems a little weak, I don't know that many use it - generally it seems to be the higher or lower (depending on how you're looking at it) Karma ratings that get used. If you mildly disagree with something that's opinion then I wouldn't bother. Put your viewpoint forward in a post. If someone is factually wrong in a post then it seems fair to downvote but give a reason in a post too.

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

While I'm here... where can you see what posts you've received votes on, and what you've voted? I've seen this before but can't remember where... I thought it was at the bottom of my user profile, but all I can see there is a ratings log with totals given and received?

Click the profile button under one of your posts or click your username (top right) and scroll down..

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:42 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain this karma lark to me?

I'm happy to see that mine is generally positive, however I don't think I've ever rated someones post before. Does it give you access to other parts of the forum or does it give you certain privileges if you have a higher karma rating?

People seem quite concerned about their rating and I've never even realised it's there. I've been active on forums since 2005 and this is the first time I've seen this.

Tom.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:47 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of the page... "Help and FAQs". Wink

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:49 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers ears.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
I disagree with this post" seems a little weak, I don't know that many use it - generally it seems to be the higher or lower (depending on how you're looking at it) Karma ratings that get used. If you mildly disagree with something that's opinion then I wouldn't bother. Put your viewpoint forward in a post. If someone is factually wrong in a post then it seems fair to downvote but give a reason in a post too.

OK, good - what I've been doing. When I'm emperor I'll change that option from "I disagree with this post" to "I think this post is factually incorrect" Mr. Green

ScaredyCat wrote:
Click the profile button under one of your posts or click your username (top right) and scroll down..

Thanks. Yeah that's what I've been doing; therefore it must have been there that I used to be able to see my vote details; therefore it must now be borked I suppose.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:40 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got an Ad Blocker running then that can stop you from seeing ratings on your profile.

One Thumbs Down disagree rating does hardly anything to their karma. You can downrate their posts if you want or if you think it would be more useful, you could post saying why you strongly disagree with some of the answers.

Rating posts has an effect on your own karma. Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If "I agree with this post" and "Funny" are criminally low karma ratings, what is the hierarchy and what's the greatest accolade?

Also, is my forum name's current "Brolly Dolly" suffix a reflection of Korn's personal assessment of my biker status, and if so, why?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:05 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly the list of ratings is in order from weakest to most powerful. Stuff in the bike related forums is worth more than stuff in the off topic forums.

Brolly Dolly and other the other standard forum titles are from how many posts you've got.

It's amazing how much info there is on the Help & FAQs page. Razz

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Roughly the list of ratings is in order from weakest to most powerful. Stuff in the bike related forums is worth more than stuff in the off topic forums.

Brolly Dolly and other the other standard forum titles are from how many posts you've got.

It's amazing how much info there is on the Help & FAQs page. Razz

I looked at the Help & FAQs page but didn't find the info you've just given.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2