Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gang of Bristol bike thieves bragging online

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even 'twenty strikes and your out' would take out a substantial number of repeat offenders. Like the shoplifter who having had twenty-six previous convictions and zero jail time was spared prison because Mr.Dimwitty J.P. thought she should be given anther chance to turn her life around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penal system is just crazy isn't it. The girl in the example you gave should have just been sentenced to having four fingers on each hand cut off in hospital and an exclusion in claiming any benefits for five years.

Let's see you turn your life around then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:30 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddywinz wrote:
It looks like the majority of the ones names in the PDF might be paid a visit by a local chapter....

Or by someone who isn't already involved in (but upset by) bike theft?

Azoth
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:40 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

As for new local groups forming and taking action, there were serious problems the last time this was attempted (London). Specifically, management problems in the MTP group. Everyone who wanted to take action was kicked out by someone who's a kind of middle-aged intel/police wannabe with a made-up personal history who's found an easy way to manipulate the original group's well-meaning founder (a 17 year old lad). Those who were kicked out included serious people with security and actual (not pretend) military experience.

Something to think about the next time you ponder why nobody took up a bat to resolve the bike theft problem in London, despite the fact that the thieves' identities and whereabouts were well-known... It was ready to go but was halted by the MTP group itself. Politics and MAG's obsession with stopping anything for which they couldn't plausibly claim undeserved credit were to blame.

Last edited by Azoth on 21:48 - 03 Feb 2017; edited 1 time in total

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:53 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufous wrote:
Mawsley wrote:

Something to think about the next time you ponder...

My point was that the 1%ers are already too busy driving around in their white vans going on the rob. The only aspect of this that would bother them is if there was a reduction in free Hog parts they could help themselves to.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:36 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a vigilante style group down my part of the world that goes out most weekends looking fgor nicked bikes in the usual locations.

Seems to have gone quiet recently but i remember seeing a fb post in local bike groups about these blokes catching a group of twats on a nicked 125, they managed to get a D lock on the bike locking it to a lamppost it was lent against, the scroats "apparently" then repeatedly fell over getting a fair few cuts and bruises Laughing

But then the police did what the police do and put up posters asking for witness's to an alleged assault with no mention of bike theft because obviously that doesn't matter.

About a month later somebody tried to break into my garage. they wrecked the door but didn't get in because of a couple of dead locks i had fitted, called the old bill who said.... and i quote "We wont be attending as its an insurance matter and we dont normally find any evidence anyways"!!

The next day in the post i got my council tax bill through and to add insult to injury my contribution to the Hampshire police and crime commissioner was going up 8% Middle Finger

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No point in having a vigilante group all over face book as it's going about it the wrong way. Sure retrieving and making stolen bikes safe and secure is a good move.

But theives falling over alot and getting cut and bruised is a bad thing. They are likely to report it and get looked at sympathetically as they are young and poor misguided kids etc.

No if your going to catch these people doing the nicking or trying to, they need to go completely. No chance of comebacks, being sued, or them claiming damages and getting lots of free health care. Leave them alone or take them.out completely as anything less will not change anything or stop the problem.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:19 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

But theives falling over alot and getting cut and bruised is a bad thing. .

It really isn't. It's whatever that word is that's used to describe the opposite of bad.

Nobody else is interested in doing anything about their crime spree and there are no deterrents. In light of there being no other solutions in the offing, kicking the fuck out of the turds appears to be the only remaining option.

zark
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:54 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea how to link to Twitter, but this made me smile...

If it works... @MPSRTPC's Tweet: here

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

zark wrote:

It's a shame the police car stopped after knocking them off. Sad

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

owl10
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:15 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
zark wrote:

It's a shame the police car stopped after knocking them off. Sad

Quite, less chance of them getting away if the police car parks on top of them.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 03 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can be dangerous repercussions of having a light touch and warning or hurting people or animals even. I think your wrong if you think a little beating is going to stop these scumbags picking up where they left off and nicking a load more bikes.

If your not going to go the whole hog and do the job properly then dont bother getting involved IMO as it's just making you more likely to get into trouble with the law while the scum still scurries round lifting bikes.

Dave_80
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:18 - 04 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but a lump hammer to hands and feet repeatedly would at least keep them out of action for a while...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:35 - 04 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
[Blood for the Blood God]

I pray you, how many hath you killed and eaten?

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:46 - 04 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

zark wrote:

Fucking biuriful

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're still at it...
we can only hope more 'little sojers' go to heaven
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-motorbike-gang-taunt-police-26860

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:20 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 5-0 are failing to even Adam Aarons the first page. Because the big problem isn't the bikes being stolen, it's their snouts being rubbed in it.

How long would it take the pikeys to get another up? Hours? Minutes?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:17 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very smart.

Can someone explain to be in very few words, why the police can't...

Find the burnt out bike.
Find the Oxygen thief bragging about nicking it with pictures on Instagram FB whatever.
Arrest them.
Secure a conviction.

OK maybe You'll need to find a few bikes to secure something solid but surely that is enough evidence?

Failing that, death by 1000 cuts, if it is only a small group do them all for lots of little things, riding stolen bikes, handling stolen goods, riding without licence insurance or whatever whatever can be proved fia FB/Insta

FAILING that, raise a few grand and visit the local 1%ers see if they live up to the hardboy image. Pay them to hang about in a van until they find one, Grab him work him over, maybe break a few fingers and... for the final Flourish...

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this closely after being a victim of theirs. It looks like some of them have been caught and sent down, but the majority are young offenders and are out in a few months.

They also stole a 1%ers bike and he was proactive about going to see them (but cannot confirm 100%). Although it still looks like it isn't making a difference in the slightest.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:40 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Secure a conviction.

Innocent until proven pikey.

Beyond all reasonable doubt of pikeyness.

The traditional kicking in the back of the police van was more effective and a lot more efficient than months of input from police, CPS[*], public defence, the courts, social services and probation or prison. They're as sick of the system as we are, but don't hate the playaz, hate the game.

[*] Criminals' Protection Service.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Doink
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:59 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddywinz wrote:
I've been following this closely after being a victim of theirs. It looks like some of them have been caught and sent down, but the majority are young offenders and are out in a few months.

They also stole a 1%ers bike and he was proactive about going to see them (but cannot confirm 100%). Although it still looks like it isn't making a difference in the slightest.

And are they supposed to be tough guys?

Sniff9
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:30 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
The only way to bait these scumbags is to have some bikes waiting in the shadows for them to pinch, and have a big group of evil thugs waiting in the dark to surround them and literally smash some skulls with scaffolding bars. Putting images of dead chav o'driscol up on line with an easy way to identify the torso of the mashed up chav to all his or her mates and family is the only way to do any good IMO.

Ditto

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:37 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:

They also stole a 1%ers bike

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a 1%er?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

onlyJaz wrote:
winz wrote:

They also stole a 1%ers bike

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a 1%er?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=1%25er

A biker gang member.
A squirter.
A very high earner.

Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4