Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:52 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Western Sharia Police".

If you can watch that without your heart pounding and your mouth going dry, then I don't even want you in my packet of gammon.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 28 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Australia Western?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:25 - 28 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Is Australia Western?

In the sense of being a English common law derived secular liberal jurisdiction in which free speech and a free press are generally supposed to exist, yes, I think "Western" is a useful working definition.

Heavy emphasis on the "supposed" there.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 28 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Australia Western?

I've seen Asians in America.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:59 - 28 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Is Australia Western?

I've seen Asians in America.

I've seen an Englishman in New York.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:30 - 28 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
"Western Sharia Police".

If you can watch that without your heart pounding and your mouth going dry, then I don't even want you in my packet of gammon.

I screamed at the laptop when they nicked the old woman! Laughing

Further investigation reveals she's a female Tommy Robinson, not that it diminishes it, but it does explain the response from the shitbags.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 28 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know why she was arrested, or what the outcome was?
We're led to think that it's bs intimidation, and I'm inclined to believe it, but it would be nice to know.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 30 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assaulted in the street by a man who made obscene and degrading comments and "noises with sexual connotations

Video unclear, but there's no description in the article despite wanting to catch the guy apparently. Shall we guess?

Where was it?
https://www.thelocal.fr/20180730/video-of-parisian-woman-hit-by-street-harasser-shocks-france
Quote:
said that she is no longer comfortable in her own neighbourhood of La Villette.

Do we need more evidence?

https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2018/05/29/le-demantelement-du-camp-de-migrants-de-la-villette-prevu-mercredi-matin_5306590_3224.html

Quote:
The Millennium has a majority of African nationals (Eritreans, Sudanese and Guineans). They are nationals of nationalities who very often are recognized as refugees. Many arrive directly from Italy. Also live undocumented immigrants who work in the building, catering, but have no housing.

Sacre Bleu!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 31 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidence for the prosecution. Check out the beard.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6908807/marie-laguerre-punched-in-face-paris-wolf-whistler-video/

Still no description....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:35 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably in the wrong thread, as the muricans confirm it is verymuchto dwi.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45079090

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris says women in burkas look like bank robbers and letterboxes Laughing

And is immediately accused of Islamophobia Rolling Eyes

Death to snowflakes!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Death to snowflakes!

So, is his post is safe? Thinking

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Death to snowflakes!

I do find it rather weird that feminists promote the right of women to wear the Burka as freedom of choice when it profoundly isn't THEIR choice.

I mean, can you see a young woman saying to her husband/Father, 'I'm just going down the beach, when I get there I've got a bikini on underneath and I'm going to strip off and sunbathe.' 'Yes dear, fine. Make sure you take your factor 60'

I really think not.

So, is Boris stirring the pot on purpose or just not engaging brain before opening mouth.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, If it winds the muslims up a bit, then who cares? Its totally worth it. Besides, they struggle to conceal their true
colours when in "Outraged Mode". Pretty hard for Liberal Media to gloss over thousands of frothing, flag burning,
pyjama wearing, anti UK, religious nutjobs taking to the streets demanding Johnsons head served to them
on a platter. Will be interesting to see how our sandal wearing best buds play this one. Thinking One things for sure,
an Islamic reaction is guaranteed. It's unlikely to be a reasonable or measured one imo.

Last edited by grr666 on 19:13 - 07 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

So, is Boris stirring the pot on purpose or just not engaging brain before opening mouth.

It's just Boris being Boris. He's right, they do look like walking letterboxes, you just don't expect prominent politicians to make such comments in public. Well, ok, you do expect Boris to Laughing But people are oversensitive for sure. Sense of humour failure, leading to a storm in a teacup.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:23 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
TBH, If it winds the muslims up a bit, then who cares? Its totally worth it. Besides, they struggle to conceal their true
colours when in "Outraged Mode". Pretty hard for Liberal Media to gloss over thousands of frothing, flag burning,
pyjama wearing, anti UK, religious nutjobs taking to the streets demanding Johnsons head served to them
on a platter. Will be interesting to see how our sandal wearing best buds play this one. Thinking One things for sure,
an Islamic reaction is guaranteed. It's unlikely to be a reasonable or measured one imo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45107089

Starting to bite Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

It's just Boris being Boris. He's right, they do look like walking letterboxes, you just don't expect prominent politicians to make such comments in public. Well, ok, you do expect Boris to Laughing But people are oversensitive for sure. Sense of humour failure, leading to a storm in a teacup.

It's not *just* Boris being Boris. It's clever - and it's stupid. Clever practically; stupid politically.

RE the former - what sparked his comments was the arrest of a covered woman in Denmark. There, like in Belgium, France, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Italy and others, laws exist to restrict/ban/outlaw the wearing of niqab/burka etc.

Johnson - being a Tory - is generally loathe to add more laws to the statute book (as part of keeping government 'small' etc.), hence why he took this timely opportunity to state that he was strongly against following in the footsteps of neighbouring countries.

However, he is against the wearing of such clothing - and he very much wants the majority of those living in the UK to be against it too. So how can this be achieved?

The obvious and most practical answer is via humour, ridicule, shaming and publicly voiced views. I'm not sure this will work - although it may well do. At any rate, without laws being introduced, I can't immediately see what other options there are.

RE the latter - i.e. as to why his comments are stupid politically - this is because currently Labour are enmired in disagreements around anti-Semitism. The Tories could have let this run and run - but now there's the potential for some voters to think the two main political parties (and a few of the not-so-main ones) are all racist in their own ways. How many "some" is I don't know. But it might be quite a few. The Sajid Javid and Priti Patel factor will probably have taken a few knocks.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:23 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot are so fuckin' racist. Evil or Very Mad

I was pissed off about what Boris said about burqas so decided to send him an angry letter saying how inappropropriate it is for him to be islamaphobic in his position.

When I tried to post it, the letterbox screamed at me.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:43 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

It's not *just* Boris being Boris....he is against the wearing of such clothing - and he very much wants the majority of those living in the UK to be against it too. So how can this be achieved?

The obvious and most practical answer is via humour, ridicule, shaming

Can you think of another politician that would have chosen this method? Are you surprised Boris did?
Of course there are issues to be addressed. But they are not new ones, and they are not being ignored by the wider public as far as I can see.

And anyone who thinks that muslims will be "shamed" by this is frankly living in cloud-cuckoo land (and many would say that is just where Boris resides for much of the time). Surely everyone can see this by now?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It's not *just* Boris being Boris....he is against the wearing of such clothing - and he very much wants the majority of those living in the UK to be against it too. So how can this be achieved?

The obvious and most practical answer is via humour, ridicule, shaming

Can you think of another politician that would have chosen this method? Are you surprised Boris did?
Of course there are issues to be addressed. But they are not new ones, and they are not being ignored by the wider public as far as I can see.

And anyone who thinks that muslims will be "shamed" by this is frankly living in cloud-cuckoo land (and many would say that is just where Boris resides for much of the time). Surely everyone can see this by now?

I was just explaining the rationale - and, more simply, pointing out that there *is* one. It's not reducible to some phil the greek type faux pas. It's calculated, and fits pretty well in the broader Conservative agenda. Some people underestimate Johnson - writing him off as a character, etc. There's often more to it than that.

Also, whether they're shamed or not I don't know. But that was not all of the tactic - it was also to turn them into figures of fun.

This will be interpreted by many people as official endorsement of - and support for - shaming, teasing, and ridiculing 'orthodox' muslims. And it's bound to have an effect.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:50 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's bound to have an effect.

Brexit will be harder and faster? Wub

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of effect are you thinking?

If people are going to take the piss out of muslims, I'd suggest they probably already do - as is evidenced in this very thread.

Multiculturism requires tolerance of others, but it has to work both ways. In other words, people who come to live here should accept ze Englische sense of ze humour. To me, that's a very important part of our culture, which I think it would be wrong to abandon to make room for others.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:50 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In October 2016, Bulgaria's parliament passed a bill backed by a nationalist coalition to fine and cut the benefits of women who cover their faces in public.

good idea, well done our EU friends.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:56 - 09 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

What kind of effect are you thinking?

I agree with Boris Johnson's prediction - i.e. that eventually such clothing will disappear in this country. Fwiw I personally don't mind what people wear - but for various reasons (several of which I'm not comfortable with tbh), I dislike muslims and most if not all of what they seem to represent.

Not being a Tory, Conservative nor anything related to them, I have no qualms with passing laws to ban such clothing.

Quote:
If people are going to take the piss out of muslims, I'd suggest they probably already do - as is evidenced in this very thread.

Multiculturism requires tolerance of others, but it has to work both ways. In other words, people who come to live here should accept ze Englische sense of ze humour. To me, that's a very important part of our culture, which I think it would be wrong to abandon to make room for others.

Yes. However muslims seem - for various reasons - quite humourless. Also, they have been prevented from integrating (and have come to resist it in turn), so look increasingly unlikely to laugh along at those who turn humour against them. Which isn't surprising when the purpose of the humour is to criticise, and ultimately to control aspects of their behaviour.

I think though that new laws might be more effective.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:27 - 09 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I dislike muslims and most if not all of what they seem to represent.

I've met some lovely muslims, genuinely warm friendly and engaging. I've also met some absolute shit bags which are of the type you'd probably recognise as typical muslims. They're not all the same, and a lot of it has to do with origin. Pakistani muslims are nothing like Burmese muslims, and Bangladeshi muslims are nothing like middle eastern muslims. It's a bit like trying to paint the English with the one brush by saying we're all carrot crunchers because you've seen people in Somerset, or the English are hub cap nicking perpetual victims because you've met a scouser.

But on a general theme I agree with you. I cannot abide their ideology - especially their attitude and behaviour towards women. The very worst examples were in the middle east where I once saw a fully robed Arab man let his wife carry the hand luggage and wheel a suitcase through the airport, whilst carrying / pulling along 2 small children, then at the lounge he took the one remaining seat opposite me and left his wife standing up. I offered her my seat for her and her children and he scowled at me so badly I thought I'd committed a crime and was going to get banged up. He shouted at her something in their language. She remained standing. Another time my wife was threatened by locals in the Atlas Mountains because she dared to address a man directly. He called her a fucking slag and became extremely hostile. We got the hell out of there quickly and left them to their fucking goats.

I've been to a small handful of muslim weddings and they never cease to amaze me. The Pakistani one I went to, the men were extremely rude to the waitresses to the point where one of the girls was told not to come out and serve that table any more through fear they would escalate things. The Bangladeshi one they were just so self entitled. Shouting things like 'where's my rice? Can't have no curry without no rice' at the servers and generally swaggering about like they're the greatest. We were stared at in the 'WTF are those honkies doing here' type of way by everyone we came across, then just ignored as irrelevant. Think a Muslim wedding is anything like our traditional form? Nope, it's the man's day, not the woman's. They're told to sit in the corner out the way whilst the man sits with his close male relatives on thrones up on stage, whilst the Imam blesses them in their fancy robes for the day. At every one I've ever been to, I've never been introduced to the wife.

look increasingly unlikely to laugh along at those who turn humour against them.

A while back I had a Muslim guy working for me. Bangladeshi. Self entitled to the extreme. Thought he was going to be a city big shot. Had none of the skills but deluded himself that he did. Anyway, one day he asked me what my wife was like so I showed him a few pictures. He said 'oh man she dresses like a slut'. I laughed and retorted 'just because you have to ID your missus with a retinal scanner'. He didn't laugh and was genuinely offended I'd joked in such a way. He'd just called my wife a slut, but he's the one offended.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
Page 76 of 171