Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:28 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IS bride Shamima Begum will not be left "stateless", the home secretary has said.

Speaking after he revoked her British citizenship, Sajid Javid said he would not take a decision that would leave an individual with nowhere to go.

Although he has not commented directly on the case, Mr Javid appeared to confirm earlier in the week the government felt able to take such action - which would prevent her from returning to the UK - because she is a dual national or has the right to citizenship elsewhere.

Under international law, revoking someone's citizenship is only permissible if it does not leave that person stateless."

https://news.sky.com/story/i-will-not-leave-shamima-begum-stateless-says-home-secretary-11643393

Pass the popcorn

Have a dose of cancer to go with your popcorn: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/20/britains-decision-revoke-shamima-begums-citizenship-is-wrong-smacks-racism/

Then there's this article about "Like it or not, Shamima Begum is a young British woman, formed by the country in which she grew up"

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/shamima-begum-isis-bride-citizenship/

Confused
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Then there's this article about "Like it or not, Shamima Begum is a young British woman, formed by the country in which she grew up"

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/shamima-begum-isis-bride-citizenship/

Confused

She grew up in the islamic state of Tower Hamlets.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Although he has not commented directly on the case, Mr Javid appeared to confirm earlier in the week the government felt able to take such action - which would prevent her from returning to the UK - because she is a dual national or has the right to citizenship elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure he stood up in Parliament and said all that. He's a little knee-jerk eager to please everyone though, so he'll backtrack.

Ste wrote:

Looks like the USA has a similar problem to deal with though.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47313657
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

'President Trump recently told the UK and other European countries to take back and put on trial Islamic State (IS) fighters captured in the final battle against the group. He warned that the alternative was that US-led Kurdish forces would have to release them.'

Release them back into war torn Syria?

Dance!

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

So it's only European jihadi's that should be let back in then?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:13 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Corbyn says Shamima Begum SHOULD be let back into Britain and 'given our support' after ISIS bride was stripped of UK citizenship

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6729677/Jeremy-Corbyn-says-Shamima-Begum-let-Britain.html

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Nothing from Diane Abbott on Twitter about this yet. Sad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's made her bed and there was a Dutchman in it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn says Shamima Begum SHOULD be let back into Britain and 'given our support' after ISIS bride was stripped of UK citizenship

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6729677/Jeremy-Corbyn-says-Shamima-Begum-let-Britain.html

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Nothing from Diane Abbott on Twitter about this yet. Sad

Nothing surprising about that, if he was PM during the migrant crisis we'd have taken as many as Germany, probably more.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:41 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Corbyn really is trying to appeal to the far left minority isn’t he?

He has to do whatever Diane Abbott tells him to because he's her little bitch.

That is a scary mental image so try not to have nightmares. Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:43 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
if he was PM

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:
if he was PM

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

How dare you doubt the Great JC Folded arms

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:50 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Clarkson is the only great JC.

Mr. Green

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When you cast your vote remember this.
I was the british politician that supported the IRA when they were murdering your sons and daughters"

Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:56 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane Abbott has been shit posting on Twitter again.

"You might think society had got past blaming groomed young teenagers for their fate. But the attitude towards Shamima Begum is deeply worrying

My piece in @DailyMirror https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/diane-abbott-shamima-begum-grooming-14033947 "

Diane Abbott: Shamima Begum is a grooming victim and is losing citizenship due to heritage
EXCLUSIVE Diane Abbott says Sajid Javid is trying to appear tough to help his leadership ambitions

Question. When is a groomed fifteen year old girl not a groomed fifteen year old? Answer.

When she is a Bengali heritage fifteen year old who happens to have been groomed to embrace the ISIS a death cult.

The right-wing press and commentators have fallen over themselves to abuse Bengali heritage Shamima Begum. She is a British teenager who fled her home in Bethnal Green, aged 15, with two school friends to join Isis in Syria.

They caused a sensation at the time. The CCTV images of the three girls were featured in every newspaper and media outlet. One of the three friends is now dead, the other is still with ISIS.

But Shamima has surfaced in a refugee camp asking, via interviews with journalists, to go back to her family in Bethnal Green.

She is now nineteen. And anyone seeing this sad teenager on the television, mouthing her ISIS “lines to take” will see a groomed and abused young women.

She has seen unimaginable horrors. Furthermore two of her children have died and she nurses a third in her arms, terrified this one will also die.

Anyone can see that she has been groomed. Anyone that is, apart from reactionary newspaper editors and our Home Secretary, Sajid Javid.

As far as the right-wing press is concerned, their hostility is a little surprising. You might think society had got past blaming groomed young teenagers for their fate after the big child sex exploitation scandals in towns like Rotherham.

etc etc etc

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
One of the three friends is now dead, the other is still with ISIS.

I read one dead and the other they're not sure about.

Abbott doesn't disappoint does she Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That year we lost Shamima to a murderous and misogynistic cult.
"My sister has been in their thrall now for four years, and it is clear to me that her exploitation at their hands has fundamentally damaged her."

Funny I got the opposite impression. Had she been all... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2dmQruJXs then maybe, but she calmly and concisely conveyed how unremorseful she was and how she really didn't give a f**k.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to see how she changes her opinion when she realises she's barred from the UK.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/21/isis-bride-shamima-begum-says-willing-change-plea-mercy-8706643/

Shes 'willing to change' are her latest words.
Sure I see someone who's mind has been warped but I see her more as incredibly dangerous.
What boils my pee most is I have a feeling she's coming to the UK and soon - within two days. She'll be given so much attention and support despite being interviewed and probably prosecuted for her actions.
I expect she'll have more spent on her as protection than a retired PM gets in the UK..

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ, have we dispensed with the crime of Treason?

She has said

Ms Begum earlier told Sky News she had no desire to go to Bangladesh: “I don’t have anything there, another language, I have never even seen the place.”

Umm, isn't that the same as when you went to Syria love?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find particularly sad is that the refugee camp will contain thousands of genuinely displaced people with no life-chances whatsoever, and that all the time, energy and money being spent on Ms Begum could be so much better spent on them instead.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
What I find particularly sad is that the refugee camp will contain thousands of genuinely displaced people with no life-chances whatsoever, and that all the time, energy and money being spent on Ms Begum could be so much better spent on them instead.

The money that it will cost, and it will be a huge amount in the end, could be spent better at home. FFS, it's not like we are a rich country anymore.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 36 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 95 of 170