Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You get a lot of Catholic suicide bombers around your way do you?

You never mentioned suicide bombers and the IRA blew up a lot of stuff, pubs etc. it's just the first read-though sounded more like Catholics.

Anyhoo, I have nothing against gingers per se but ginger beards?! FFS there has to be a line drawn! Hopefully a candidate for a premature suicide-vest detention Very Happy

Back to "Religion of Peace" where did this phrase originate?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went on the associated website and discovered only 47 snacks and 217 dead so far this Ramadan, which I believe is down on last year so maybe the message is getting through.

ALSO:

Infidel from Hell:
New York Post
May, 2019

lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an informative wikipedia link. It's a wonderful thing:

a) In the 1960s, Malcolm X, acting as a spokesman for the Nation of Islam, said on multiple occasions that Islam was a "religion of peace"

b) On February 21, 1965 Malcolm X was assassinated by three members of the Nation of Islam as he prepared to deliver an address at the Audubon Ballroom in Manhattan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!

Seriously though, I didn't think there'd be a wikipedia entry for such bullshit a phrase.

So up until 2001 (or a test run in 1960) Islam wasn't a religion of peace?

I get that 'muricans wouldn't get the irony of the bloodshed actually just starting to ramp up after 2001 but Tony Blair should have known better. Can't wait for that fucker to die so I can piss on his grave. Probably be cremated just to spite me!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 14 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Seriously though, I didn't think there'd be a wikipedia entry for such bullshit a phrase.

Honestly you'd be surprised.
I was amazed one day to find "Fergie Time" was in Wikpedia...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look that one up. All prepared to read about the singer from the Black Eyed Peas...

#disappointed Sad

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:03 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fergie time' is a commonly used expression in my circles. It is applied to many situations, for example when describing a very old person...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:
'Fergie time' is a commonly used expression in my circles. It is applied to many situations, for example when describing a very old person...

The modern lefties like a bit of ageism don't they? This country is heading towards Logan's Run. Anyone old enough to remember will understand.

All this talk by lead Remoaners about how many old people have died since the referendum, so we should have another vote, really highlights how the left and remain are trying to make a divide with age in this country. Racism is bad unless aimed at white people and ageism is fine apparently. How very Liberal and tolerant.

How the f*ck can you turn a discussion about the expression 'Fergie time' into an attack on the Left, Remain and Liberalism!!!!!!! Shocked This is surely one of your finest moments Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretend to assume that it is used in a political context, which is clutching at straws even for you!

It is simply another term used in the very British tradition of minimising the impact of old age and subsequent death. If I was to describe somebody as having had a 'good innings', a similarly sport-based description, would you consider it an ageist slur from a Left wing, liberal perspective?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
You pretend to assume that it is used in a political context, which is clutching at straws even for you!

It is simply another term used in the very British tradition of minimising the impact of old age and subsequent death. If I was to describe somebody as having had a 'good innings', a similarly sport-based description, would you consider it an ageist slur from a Left wing, liberal perspective?

That's Tory. Left wing liberals don't play cricket, they play scrabble with lefty words like ***ist.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Diggs wrote:

That's Tory. Left wing liberals don't play cricket, they play scrabble with lefty words like ***ist.

If one applies MDMA's logic, that makes 'good innings' a typical right wing ageist slur... To suggest that of course would be offering a blinkered, left-wing liberal view on use the English language Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google the definition of 'ageist', then compare that to use of metaphors in a descriptive sense....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, again you get it wrong. Describing somebody as a 'coffin dodger' is clearly meant as an insult. Describing somebody as on 'Fergie time' isn't. My Grandad is on Fergie time because he is 96 and statistically should have shed his mortal coil over a decade ago. Once dead, it would be fair to describe him as having had a good innings. Neither of these expressions are derogative, whereas 'coffin dodger' is.

I take it you Googled 'ageist' but chose to ignore the definition because it doesn't support your argument?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have stirred up a right hornets nest (again) here.
I meant Fergie Time as in time that used to be added on at the end of a football game (allegedly for stoppages) when Manchester United were losing on home.

To try and get this thread back on topic (suspect I'll fail Crying or Very sad )
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7031907/Islamist-claims-arrived-Canada-devout-Christian-Asia-Bibi-terrible-death.html

Islamist claims he has arrived in Canada to give devout Christian Asia Bibi a 'terrible death'

I don't hate Islam. I just hate these continuous threats of violence (veiled or unveiled, real or socked).
There were some threats from Sri-Lankan Christians yesterday too, which I also hate. Which you hate more depends which you find worse out of 250 dead or allegedly insulting Mohammed.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a hornet's nest. I work from home a lot of the time as does MDMA. I like having internet conversations whilst I work because my pooch, whilst making more sense than him, isn't a great conversationalist...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 19 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young Muslim girl wins competition with speech about Manchester Arena bombing.

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/young-muslim-girl-wins-competition-with-speech-about-manchester-arena-bombing-11364363062914

Hmmm. The cynic in me says she won it purely because she was a Muslim and it's good PR for the religion of peace.

Not that I don't think she meant it but it's too good an opportunity for the PR machine to pass.

Perhaps I should just take things at face value and not look too deep.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 19 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Young Muslim girl wins competition with speech about Manchester Arena bombing.

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/young-muslim-girl-wins-competition-with-speech-about-manchester-arena-bombing-11364363062914

Hmmm. The cynic in me says she won it purely because she was a Muslim and it's good PR for the religion of peace.

Not that I don't think she meant it but it's too good an opportunity for the PR machine to pass.

Perhaps I should just take things at face value and not look too deep.

Sadly this is where we are as a society now, and further indication of where we are going. I don't think 'face value' exists any more.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 19 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A parallel with "Nazi Youth" would only work if this 11-year old girl was in the Taliban or ISIS but she's not, she's just Muslim (which is the same thing to mpd72). Complains that Muslims aren't speaking out against extremism; then when they do...

Purging Islam from the UK wouldn't prevent attacks when terrorists are motivated by our own activities in the Middle East.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
Page 115 of 171