Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 04:36 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are "multiple fatalities" after shootings at two mosques in the city of Christchurch, police in New Zealand have confirmed.

Police commissioner Mike Bush confirmed that one person is in custody, but said it was unclear if others were involved.

Witnesses told local media they ran for their lives, and saw people bleeding on the ground outside the Al Noor mosque.

Authorities advised people not to go to mosques until further notice. All Christchurch schools are on lockdown.

In a statement to the nation, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said details were not yet clear, "but I can tell you now - this will be one of New Zealand's darkest days".

"I still have friends inside."

"I have been calling my friends but there are many I haven't heard from. I am scared for my friends lives."

It is not yet known how many shooters there were, but the New Zealand Herald reports that one gunman is believed to be an Australian who has written a manifesto outlining his intentions. In it, he espouses far-right ideology and anti-immigrant ideology.

Unverified footage purportedly taken by the shooter has emerged, suggesting he filmed as he shot victims.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47578798

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:03 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter allegedly a white Australian.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting to read comments on the internet from people in this country applauding these shootings. It will be interesting to see who does this because it could show a correlation between the mentality of the shooter in NZ and the mentality of persons over here currently booing about being suspected of 'thought-crime' by the Libtard Snowflake Left Wing Fascist BBC-viewing Humous-munching Tree-Hugging Commie elite.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:58 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
It will be interesting to see who does this because it could show a correlation between the mentality of the shooter in NZ and the mentality of persons over here currently booing about being suspected of 'thought-crime' by the Libtard Snowflake Left Wing Fascist BBC-viewing Humous-munching Tree-Hugging Commie elite.

Saw this, thought of you. Wink

https://i.imgur.com/bakU7Cy.jpg

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless....

Using a passage from a holy book to justify a mass killing!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:18 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you'd like it. Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Diggs wrote:
I am waiting to read comments on the internet from people in this country applauding these shootings. It will be interesting to see who does this because it could show a correlation between the mentality of the shooter in NZ and the mentality of persons over here currently booing about being suspected of 'thought-crime' by the Libtard Snowflake Left Wing Fascist BBC-viewing Humous-munching Tree-Hugging Commie elite.

You mean like all the UK Muslims who were celebrating 9/11 in the streets? I doubt you'll get the same effect from the non Muslim UK population over this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/september-11-twin-towers-world-trade-centre-new-york-i-knew-muslims-who-celebrated-naive-a7238081.html

https://youtu.be/q-9JpRytCx0

Doesn't look much like the UK to me pal

Oh, and just for clarity

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/trumps-revised-911-claim/

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Osama bin Laden handing out sweets Very Happy Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though, this is an abhorrent crime against innocent civilians and I utterly condemn it.

I didn't actually think Australia and New Zealand had a significant problem with snackbars so that senators comments are a bit odd

Fcuk me though, I can't move in my Newsfeed because of articles on it. I haven't even seen anything on Brexit today! There's a lot more killings of innocents happening (albeit not in the 'West') which we don't hear half as much about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_February_2019_Mogadishu_bombings

"at least 30 people were killed and 60 others injured in three car bombing attacks followed by a siege in Mogadishu. Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the attack."

"al-Shabaab is a jihadist fundamentalist group based in East Africa. The group has been fighting to overthrow a Western-backed federal government that is protected by 22,000 African Union-mandated peacekeepers."

Don't know much more as not seen much in MSM but it sounds like the dead were civilians and used as human shields.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Seriously though, this is an abhorrent crime against innocent civilians and I utterly condemn it.

^

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Diggs wrote:

You mean like all the Muslims who were celebrating 9/11 in the streets? I doubt you'll get the same effect from the non Muslim UK population over this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/september-11-twin-towers-world-trade-centre-new-york-i-knew-muslims-who-celebrated-naive-a7238081.html

And there we have it. The guy who moans about others doing just that, does it himself. Of course, he'll pretend it's deliberate, but we all know he's not got the brains for that.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the actions of one extremist and don't represent all Muslims alt right campaigners. Anyone who claims this terrible attack is anything to do with all Muslims alt right campaigners is a racist. Today we at the Guardian are going to go and hug local Muslims alt right campaigners to show our solidarity and diversity.

Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was always going to happen at some time and will happen again. Who would ever expect anything different? You can't expect no retaliation ever.

When/if Islamic bombing season resumes in the summer it will generate more hatred and retaliation. Only so many 'it's not all Muslims' and Islamophobia accusations will only keep some people quiet.

The only hope is that with ISIS failing there will be fewer/no more attacks and it will slowly go back to less antagonism.

I don't really hold out much hope.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree with Polarbear.

If I'm honest I'd heard of Islam but embraced them as an equal religion until something not very nice happened on 11/09/2001.
Apologies for my use of the British calendar. Then by hell I'd heard of them.

I'd grown up with IRA terrorism, then moved onto this. In my mind there was a 'Golden age' between 1998-2001 when we had appeased the IRA and before the twin towers.

Now once again, all we have is terrorism. Which no government ever succombs to except in private where we will give you what you want to appease you but pls stop blowing us up

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It was always going to happen at some time and will happen again. Who would ever expect anything different? You can't expect no retaliation ever.

When/if Islamic bombing season resumes in the summer it will generate more hatred and retaliation. Only so many 'it's not all Muslims' and Islamophobia accusations will only keep some people quiet.

The only hope is that with ISIS failing there will be fewer/no more attacks and it will slowly go back to less antagonism.

I don't really hold out much hope.

This guy seems to be a mix of the anti-Islam in the UK who are concerned about the country's rapidly increasing Islamic population, and the alt right in the US who seem to be concerned about the rising Hispanic population and being anti-antifa. The news are reporting this as "white supremacist", but this is clearly not accurate as they are not motivated by being "superior", but rather that they fear their ethnicity/culture being wiped out which is actually protected under the UN. If anything it is the left wing side which takes the "supremacist" or "race baiting" approach to policies. This kind of thing by the democrat party in the US has directly led to the likes of Trump's alt right supporters coming about. It's a bit like George Soros complaining about Brexit.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:05 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are there mosques in New Zealand?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek and those without sin shall cast the first stone.

Is there an equivalent in the koran?

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate found the video online, apparently he said, calm as you like, "remember to subscribe to pewdepie" before opening fire Laughing Shocked can only imagine the spin the media will put on that.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek and those without sin shall cast the first stone.

Is there an equivalent in the koran?

Much like the Bible, it will depend which version you read.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 16 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is pretty shocking about this guy is that I think he pulled off the shooting a lot of people think about. A lot of /pol/ posters probably imagined something exactly like this. A manifesto with intentionally misdirecting language, casting blame on people arbitrarily for humor value, featuring an upfront thesis explaining exactly what intent is in black-and-white before writing a bunch of nonsense you know will be quoted out of context as ammunition by ideologues. A little something for everyone. Everyone's happy (or rather, happy to be angry) with what they feel is a silver bullet towards rivalries.

The same day, the government plans to disarm people further. The government begins to censor people. ISPs crack down on Internet access trying to find the videos. YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook especially have egg on their face. All of these platforms are going to promise to 'do more' and fuck over innocent people trying to enjoy the Internet. Sterilize things more. Make it less accessible.

The whole point is to make people hate each other, drive retaliatory action, give media exactly what they want so they frenzy over it, give platforms a reason to be even more advertiser friendly, all while turning the act of murder into nothing more than another meme with references to shit all his old Internet friends know and love already - because he was 'one of the boys'.

What he wanted to do was make the world a little bit worse than it was when he was free, and he accomplished that. Make the Internet such that it is no longer a pacifier in the mouths of tens of millions of adult children. Make things so fucking boring that getting up, going out, and killing people is more entertaining than spending another second on Twitter dot fucking com.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 100 of 170