Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 10 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire wrote:
What the Sultan of Brunei intends for his 428,000 population country, 11,000km across Eurasia is his own business.

The distance from the UK is irrelevant. Last month's mosque attacks quite rightly sparked outrage, and New Zealand's a bit further away I think.

So because he's so rich and powerful, the Sultan can do what he likes and it's his own business? What about any one of those 428,000 who might be less 'socially conservative'? Is that not what diversity is about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a bit quiet on homegrown snacks lately.

I wonder if they're being foiled and not reported, or it's just not the weather.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke too soon (MAYBE).

Armed police open fire on silver Mercedes as it TWICE 'deliberately rams' Ukrainian ambassador's vehicle outside embassy in London's exclusive Holland Park

Time to play the "Snack or Putin?" game.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6918983/Holland-Park-road-sealed-armed-police-reports-gunfire.html

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

The distance from the UK is irrelevant. Last month's mosque attacks quite rightly sparked outrage, and New Zealand's a bit further away I think.

So because he's so rich and powerful, the Sultan can do what he likes and it's his own business? What about any one of those 428,000 who might be less 'socially conservative'? Is that not what diversity is about?

You can't compare a mass execution committed by a terrorist, to a threat from a head of state.

You could, only if Gays are being rounded up and killed following the legislation.

Yes its only the Sultan and the people of his countries business. It's wrong and dangerous to expect other countries to adhere to your own social, cultural values and laws.

Much of the 19th century colonialism was driven by this exact sentiment. In reality it was driven by resources, but the story was sold to the people under the pretences of spreading ideology, civilization, education, infrastructure. Then absolutely horrific crimes were committed against the locals, worse than what ISIS did in Syria.

More recently the war in Iraq and Libya. Nothing to do with Oil Rolling Eyes and sold to the British and American people under the notion of spreading democracy by removing a dictator. Nobody considered, maybe the Libyans and Iraq's want/need a dictator or strong leader in order to keep the harmony in their societies. The people of these countries are now worse off, you can see that now. Brunei is Oil rich too come to think about it.

The distance is relative in this instance, because the closer you are to a country, the more likely you are to understand foreign social practices through emigration/tourism.

What about the 428,000 folk? Have you even looked at how the locals are reacting to the new law over there?? Even the Gay community are saying its business as usual. Is it likely they are going to be stoned to death? No because the law states you need to be caught in the act, and by several witnesses. It just means a small discreet community, will continue to be discreet. Nobody from the community is going to protest and no other locals are going to protest on their behalf.

Is that sad they cannot fully express themselves in the capacity of public gay sex? Yes, and im sure the the far left will shed a tear for them. If your far right and this stories relevant to you, I guarantee its not because you care about the freedoms of Gay men in Brunei..
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Non-partisan, don't make me laugh. Judging by the way its arguments are presented, probably some snivelling middle class teenagers BNP pet project.

Conservative numbers of Muslims killed directly as a result of the War on Terror, total 770,000. Only another 5 million to go before they get given their own state Dance!
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

And as uncomfortable as it makes you, completely factual. Thumbs Up

Yes the fact that its opening statement is claiming non-bias and then fails to give fair and objective arguments throughout the website. Damages it's credibility. Bet the non-partisan statement was added as a late revision Laughing

mpd wrote:

Oh, I see, you're now justifying terrorism because Muslims died in a legitimate war. Just out of interest, how many of those 770,000 were killed by other Muslims, because from what I can see, if they're not blowing innocent Westerners up for fun, they're blowing each other up.

Not me justifying. Take a look at the IRA vs UK war, terrorism is a typical response to legitimate Rolling Eyes war. As for muslims killing each other. If you displace a leader, and the subjects fight for power control. That's on you.

mpd wrote:
Remind me who's fighting who in Syria? Isn't it Muslim v Muslim v Muslim v Muslim?

Yeh sure, its AK47's, heavy machine guns, RPG's, APC's, drones. Somebodies making a killing.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site would be seen to be more balanced if it included the number murdered/injured by Christians, and Christian regimes for comparison.

I should have posted this yesterday, as the Christchurch mosque attack could have been included.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the depths of this thread Rogerborg posted a total from that site during Ramadan last year.
It also included Islamaphobic attacks and attacks by other members of other religions.

I can't find it but there weren't many.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:46 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could le grand flambe of notre dame be ntdwi? Alan has been long trying to open a snack bar there, and has been thwarted in the recent past. It seems hard to see how a renovation fire can spread that quickly, anything planned there that would carry even a smigden of risk of flame would surely have every control measure on hand, given the site

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin foil hat time or an interesting point?
I read that a muslim woman was arrested 3 days ago for planning an attack on Notre-Dame, but evidence says it's to do with renovation. Windsor castle went the same way back in 1992.

What I do object to is certain people on social media celebrating it. Whatever religion (or lack of) you are, the place was 850 years old, a marvel of Medieval Engineering (flying buttresses, glass windows) and its cultural value was enormous.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time ago I worked for a general builders, the firm had a team of subbies doing repairs on the roof of a
5 floor high massive school inside which we had our guys renovating internally. A roofer put a gas torch down
on its legs and it fell quickly setting light to the roof, the blaze spread literally in seconds. The fire closed the whole
school for a year or two, it was bad enough for there to be bits of melted fire hoses stuck to the scaffolding like grisly
long red rubber flags. I went back after the building was deemed safe to enter to clear our stuff from the site. Hardened
puddles of melted lead flashings waiting to be used that had liquefied in the heat, that kind of stuff. The job had hot works
permits and risk assessments coming of its ears as it was a in a local authority site. Still, accidents happen. My firm
lost a lot of work over that until it was possible to prove it was a unqualified subbie that actually screwed up which
shifted the blame 100% to the roofers and my firm was put back onto the councils tender list for further work.

What I'm getting at it things like this can easily happen and quite commonly do when there are people working
on roofs.
Fire is a very frequently used tool for a roofer. Just saying. I don't suspect Islamic foul play here.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most buildings of that era had wooden supported roofs. Once they catch alight you aren't going to stop it.

Also, how many places have fires while work is being carried out.

Remember York Minster was hit by lightening in the 80's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28112373

St Georges at Windsor Castle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Windsor_Castle_fire

Cutty Sark

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/vacuum-cleaner-caused-10m-cutty-sark-fire-as-guard-slept-6872360.html

Like GRR said, it's all too easy for someone to fcuk up when doing repairs although maybe God thought a makeover was due at his holiday home at York Minster and sent the lightening bolt to kick start the redecoration. Whistle

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite all the "national treasure" sorrow it was apparently in a pretty poor state. According to the radio, French cathedrals are maintained (or not) by the State, not the Church.

ISIS haven't claimed responsibility yet (although they're supposedly finished) so it's most likely to be due to some Neanderthal* builder's cock-up.

* Not racist. Species-ist.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:13 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You’d like to think something as valuable and historic, wouldn’t have some cowboy replacing the 850 year old tiles with roofing felt and a gas blow torch.

Just saying, it’s not unusual at the moment for Muslims to attack Catholic Churches, or the Notre Dames. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the workmen was Muslim and had a little accident.

Isn't that just scaremongering for the sake of it?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are doing is playing into the hands of the extremists by giving them credit for something they probably didn't even do. Like it or not you are an integral part of their publicity machine.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

One day this leftist Liberalism will signal the end of modern Western society and people like you will be to blame. Thumbs Up

I take it you advocate burning mosques as retaliation? If not, what's your point?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
Page 107 of 171