Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:34 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
[Emergency medical treatment, therefore your plan won't work]

https://i.imgur.com/cppMzl4.jpg?1

Sure, take everyone in, patch them up. Then check their entitlement, and throw them out with a huge bill to pay. Same as in USia. Which is an actual place, where this actually happens, in actual fact.

Yeah, and healthcare is a total nightmare over there, with people regularly going bankrupt over innocuous treatments. It's hardly a system to aim for.
It's a compromise that means the free-market can't really work (not that it's really suitable for healthcare) but everyone ends up paying anyway (like single-payer). It's the worst of both worlds.

Besides, leave a non-emergency problem long enough and it becomes an emergency and then costs many times more to treat (see diabetes). If we want to avoid drowning in debt by making simple preventative care into eye-wateringly expensive acute care AND avoid living in Children Of Men levels of dystopia, a way to treat problems without incentivizing idleness is needed.

It's the same problem with benefits really, and I remain unconvinced that either of the extreme solutions (take away everything and give them everything) will give the desired result.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
People can be weird about it.....

Nonce Wink I've genuinely not known people to be guarded about it, actually the opposite with the glamourisation of criminality etc.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:19 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
Yeah, and healthcare is a total nightmare [in USia] with people regularly going bankrupt over innocuous treatments.

Poor people. What's the merit in keeping them alive?

Falco wrote:
Besides, leave a non-emergency problem long enough and it becomes an emergency and then costs many times more to treat (see diabetes).

Sure, that's a consideration. If you assume that treatment of poors should be funded by taxpayers.

That's precisely the opposite of what I'm advocating.

The poors can sod off to whichever State is idiotic enough to fund that care. I don't give a stuff who that is, as long as it's not us.

Falco wrote:
Children Of Men levels of dystopia

The birth rate of European woman has already put us there. Thanks, feminism!

Replacing those missing children with 80-ish IQ flipper babbies raised in a culture of women-hating rage-slaughter is not a great solution.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Falco wrote:

Nonce Wink I've genuinely not known people to be guarded about it, actually the opposite with the glamourisation of criminality etc.

Surely depends on the crowd you mix with, or hope to mix with.

I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a few occasions in future when I have to keep quiet about being a shitlord Brexit voter.

So then when I go postal and GCHQ start rummaging through and revealing my internet usage history, everyone will be utterly stunned that their good neighbourly neighbour, Lord Percington Percival, was a member of BCF, creator of anti-SJW-feminism threads, regular viewer of Last Post Wins and a closet Brexit voter. Saddest revelation, it's like we never knew him, who knows what else he did behind closed doors Crying or Very sad

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
Yeah, and healthcare is a total nightmare [in USia] with people regularly going bankrupt over innocuous treatments.

1. Plenty of 'worthy' people fall through the cracks and are suddenly poor. Could happen to you.

2. Plenty of poor people might turn out to be a damn good asset for the nation. A lot of footy players would be dolescum if they didn't get lucky in sport. The premier league is the one of the world's most popular (£££) football leagues.

Also from a Karl Marx sort of viewpoint, the proles are the labour for the capitalists. Not wise to get rid of your workers. In fact, the more the merrier because it means you can crush workers rights and pay peanuts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:54 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
M.C wrote:

Surely depends on the crowd you mix with, or hope to mix with.

I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a few occasions in future when I have to keep quiet about being a shitlord Brexit voter.

So then when I go postal and GCHQ start rummaging through and revealing my internet usage history, everyone will be utterly stunned that their good neighbourly neighbour, Lord Percington Percival, was a member of BCF, creator of anti-SJW-feminism threads, regular viewer of Last Post Wins and a closet Brexit voter. Saddest revelation, it's like we never knew him, who knows what else he did behind closed doors Crying or Very sad

That's true Laughing although I don't really have a say in who I work with or who my neighbours are. I'm not hiding that I voted for the UK to leave the EU, well unless she's really attractive Wink

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:41 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

You want to serve your own fries at Maccy Ds? Failing that...Soylent Green?

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
Besides, leave a non-emergency problem long enough and it becomes an emergency and then costs many times more to treat (see diabetes).

Sure, that's a consideration. If you assume that treatment of poors should be funded by taxpayers.

That's precisely the opposite of what I'm advocating.

Yes, but what happens to the poors? There are rather a lot of them, and if they feel they have nothing to loose it'll your windows the bricks come through (wealth envy is a terrible thing when those doing the envying think their lives can't get any worse). Unless you want to go the Brazil route (literal walled communities with armed guards and mega-cityesque lawlessness everywhere else), which is a valid (if slightly insane IMO) view.

Rogerborg wrote:
The poors can sod off to whichever State is idiotic enough to fund that care. I don't give a stuff who that is, as long as it's not us.

You think they won't come back if they think life is better here? Getting them out of the country only helps in the short term, if the rest of the world is a shit-hole it will spill over to us eventually. One problem at a time, but lets not pretend that we can export all the bad people away.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:
Children Of Men levels of dystopia

The birth rate of European woman has already put us there. Thanks, feminism!

Nope. Capitalism is firmly to blame I'm afraid! It's a victim of its own success. By Improving living standards like nothing before it, it has given us these birth rates. Personally I'm in favour of Cylon birth farms as the way to increase the populous.

Replacing those missing children with 80-ish IQ flipper babbies raised in a culture of women-hating rage-slaughter is not a great solution.[/quote]

No argument here, but what is the solution? (I honestly don't know)

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:56 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Falco wrote:

Interesting. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I doubt I'll be trying to get free drinks down the pub via the thrilling story, anytime soon. You never know what strange biases lurk in even the most innocuous looking people.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:23 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

You want to serve your own fries at Maccy Ds?

Relevant to this thread, do you want a fatwa with that?

I'd rather have Frybot #37, thanks all the same.

Rogerborg wrote:
Yes, but what happens to the poors [when the money hose is cut off]?

One way outbound tickets, with their passports shredded on exit. Leaflets (in all the languages of Babel) explaining how to scam benefits in other countries.

I'm referring to my Omega Solution here, which is to cut off those convicted of crimes against the State (terrorism, anarchism, egregious liberalism), so it would be sausage slicing rather than shoving the whole salami in at once.

When I say "poor", I mean "undesirables", which is largely the same thing.

Falco wrote:
You think they won't come back if they think life is better here?

So we must ensure that it never is.

Universal Welfare State. Open borders. We'll have to make a choice, and soon.

Falco wrote:
lets not pretend that we can export all the bad people away.

Not forcibly, that wouldn't wash with Mumsnet. But we can strongly encourage them to leave, by starting with starving the badmen, and working our way down to the merely feckless.

Falco wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Replacing those missing children with 80-ish IQ flipper babbies raised in a culture of women-hating rage-slaughter is not a great solution.

Presented above. Stop funding those who tend to have flipper babby. It'll lower the tax burden, lower crime and the burden on housing, health care and infrastructure. Not all at once, but if we want to survive as a liberal, prosperous nation, we have to make a start, and the sooner we do it, the less painful it will be.

Encouraging Liber-Tina to actually have kids rather than believing that she can have a career as an astronaut-racing-driver-CEO first is a matter of perception management.

Imagine if all the propaganda directed at convincing us that diversity is strength were put into telling women the truth, that their ovaries are drying up, and that they can have babby then career, but not the other way around.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Yeah, only AFTER it happened though. Rolling Eyes

Ah, so they interviewed his neighbours before the attack did they?

Are you lacking chromosomes as well as brains?

You're somehow trying to imply that because he was alright with his neighbours, and they've said he always seemed OK, that they're somehow condoning what he's done.

Anyway, most of his crimes were committed when he was a Christian, so shall we start a #ntdwc thread?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Falco wrote:

Not everyone wants to have it hanging over then for the rest of their days. I know a lad who did time for arson, and he doesn't talk about it or bring it up because he wants to get on with having a normal life.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my ex neighbour turned out to be a serial killer 10 years after he moved, I would still say 'oh, he seemed a nice chap when he lived here'. A because that's the truth, and B if you say 'oh I always thought he was a bit Sutcliffe, you inherit the game of twenty questions where they ask why you didn't tell them he was a dodgy bastard and if you're in cahoots.

I realise the truth doesn't really matter with you, so would understand why you don't feel the need to tell it.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by smegballs on 21:40 - 17 May 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39396578

Well he was def a lone wolf, but a lone wolves still talk to their mates, so better let us into your messages plebs.....

One has to appreciate all the oh so unexpected benefits of terrorism.
As Rahm Emanuel so eloquently put it, never let a good crisis go to waste.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't they using game lobbies in Call of Duty to communicate at one point as well?

It's okay though, hundreds of the 1.6 billion totally disapprove. Rolling Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-39392442

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:45 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Wow, literally claiming it's #ntdwi.

So, this isn't being promulgated in their mosques and madrassas, then?

If they won't even admit that their spellbook contains some pretty nasty stuff, and that it's being actively advocated by the people they're incanting with every Friday, how are they ever going to sort it out?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Weren't they using game lobbies in Call of Duty to communicate at one point as well?

It's okay though, hundreds of the 1.6 billion totally disapprove. Rolling Eyes

They have done that at every Muslim instigated atrocity since the twin towers. Nothing changes, but the PC brigade go to bed happy that (some) Muslims have disassociated themselves from what happened.

And now Corbyn wants the terrorist spooks to check the right wing bigots for racism etc. to show we aren't picking on Muslims. Rolling Eyes Shades of wasting resources because I'm so PC. Dance! As if the BNP or Britain First has run over, blown up, killed people for their beliefs. The worst those idiots do is smear bacon fat on Mosque door handles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39398548

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this blokes at it as well... Apparently Birmingham isn't full of wrong 'uns after all. Silly me.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/25/hero-of-2011-riots-defends-birmingham

I for one was expecting a massive taqiyya offensive in the wake of Westminster. Wish I'd had a fiver on it.

Quote:
“I don’t think Birmingham necessarily has a problem, we just have a big population, and a big Muslim population. If there are going to be Islamic extremists they are just going to crop up in places like this.”

Oh well, that's alright then...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:06 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Why is Warsi given the time of day? She's the answer to a question that nobody asked. Couldn't get elected, so they just gave her a job fronting the Tory party then punted her straight to the Lords.

How's that appeasement working out? Wasn't seeing muslim faces in power meant to placate snackbaristas?

Does she have an alternative to Prevent? Enable, perhaps.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

They have done that at every Muslim instigated atrocity since the twin towers. Nothing changes, but the PC brigade go to bed happy that (some) Muslims have disassociated themselves from what happened.

Well the 'moderates™' have their role to play in the takeover as well, distract, bamboozle and deny usually.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
As if the BNP or Britain First has run over, blown up, killed people for their beliefs. The worst those idiots do is smear bacon fat on Mosque door handles.

The guy who killed Jo Cox?

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:44 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Who wouldn't? Except for the occasional "bagging area" mishap the automated tills at supermarkets are now unequivocally better than the inefficient, hapless meat-bags at the normal tills.

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm referring to my Omega Solution here, which is to cut off those convicted of crimes against the State (terrorism, anarchism, egregious liberalism), so it would be sausage slicing rather than shoving the whole salami in at once.

Well...only one of those things is a crime. We haven't quite reached the point of criminalizing political philosophies (though there are certainly plenty of attempts to do so).

How are we defining poor in this scenario? I don't think I've ever had a job that paid more 11k before tax, but I've never used benefits beyond the NHS. Am I a poor? National Average wage? Anyone who needs tax credits? What is the metric here?

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Universal Welfare State. Open borders. We'll have to make a choice, and soon.

Something has to give, but there is no appetite to address this on any side of the political spectrum that I can see. For all the railing against the EU for forcing us to give benefits to migrants, no government has shown the slightest inclination to use the controls available, to whit:

Migrant workers’ right to reside for more than three months remains subject to certain conditions, which vary depending on the citizen’s status: for EU citizens who are not workers or self-employed, the right of residence depends on their having sufficient resources not to become a burden on the host Member State’s social assistance system, and having sickness insurance.

My point being, I don't see anything changing with borders being more tightly controlled (EU only of course, the number of non-EU migrants has also been not changed at all since the tory "tens of thousands" party got their hands on the levers of power) since we unwilling to use the powers we already have to try and deal with it.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Not forcibly, that wouldn't wash with Mumsnet. But we can strongly encourage them to leave, by starting with starving the badmen, and working our way down to the merely feckless.

Hmmm. I remain unconvinced that they would go to the trouble of leaving the country, when their next door neighbours have loads of stuff, just waiting to be taken and sold to the nearest cash-convertor. These aren't people noted for their entrepreneurial spirit or have-a-go attitude.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Presented above. Stop funding those who tend to have flipper babby. It'll lower the tax burden, lower crime and the burden on housing, health care and infrastructure. Not all at once, but if we want to survive as a liberal, prosperous nation, we have to make a start, and the sooner we do it, the less painful it will be.

Debatable, as above I am not sure why you think these people will leave rather than turn to crime? They already do so without much provocation, why do you think financial punishment is suddely going to change their long engraied

Rogerborg wrote:

Who wouldn't? Except for the occasional "bagging area" mishap the automated tills at supermarkets are now unequivocally better than the inefficient, hapless meat-bags at the normal tills.

Rogerborg wrote:

Well...only one of those things is a crime. We haven't quite reached the point of criminalizing political philosophies (though there are certainly plenty of attempts to do so).

How are we defining poor in this scenario? I don't think I've ever had a job that paid more 11k before tax, but I've never used benefits beyond the NHS. Am I a poor? National Average wage? Anyone who needs tax credits? What is the metric here?

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Universal Welfare State. Open borders. We'll have to make a choice, and soon.[/quote]

Something has to give, but there is no appetite to address this on any side of the political spectrum that I can see. For all the railing against the EU for forcing us to give benefits to migrants, no government has shown the slightest inclination to use the controls available, to whit:

Migrant workers’ right to reside for more than three months remains subject to certain conditions, which vary depending on the citizen’s status: for EU citizens who are not workers or self-employed, the right of residence depends on their having sufficient resources not to become a burden on the host Member State’s social assistance system, and having sickness insurance.

My point being, I don't see anything changing with borders being more tightly controlled (EU only of course, the number of non-EU migrants has also been not changed at all since the tory "tens of thousands" party got their hands on the levers of power) since we unwilling to use the powers we already have to try and deal with it.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Hmmm. I remain unconvinced that they would go to the trouble of leaving the country, when their next door neighbours have loads of stuff, just waiting to be taken and sold to the nearest cash-convertor. These aren't people noted for their entrepreneurial spirit or have-a-go attitude.

Rogerborg wrote:
Falco wrote:

Debatable, as above I am not sure why you think these people will leave rather than turn to crime? They already do so without much provocation, why do you think financial punishment is suddenly going to change their long engrained delinquent behaviours.

Rogerborg wrote:
Encouraging Liber-Tina to actually have kids rather than believing that she can have a career as an astronaut-racing-driver-CEO first is a matter of perception management.

Imagine if all the propaganda directed at convincing us that diversity is strength were put into telling women the truth, that their ovaries are drying up, and that they can have babby then career, but not the other way around.

Encouraging anyone to do all that is doomed to failure. They could always have their eggs frozen and have them later in life. Personally I think that's a damn sight more sensible than trying to conceive naturally later in life. The probabilities on having Downs babies are not favorable after ~40 and only get less so. However, while it might make their child-rearing experience worse, I find it hard to muster much opprobrium for child bearing at one age over another.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the Teffers of the politics section and I claim my 5 ponds.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:38 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
We haven't quite reached the point of criminalizing political philosophies

Revolutionary Organization 17 November
Abdallah Azzam Brigades, including the Ziyad al Jarrah Battalions (AAB)
Abu Nidal Organisation
Abu Sayyaf
Aden-Abyan Islamic Army
Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya
Al Ghurabaa
Al-Itihaad al-Islamiya
Al Murabitun
Al Qaeda
Al-Shabaab
Ansar al-Islam
Ansar Al Sharia Tunisia
Ansaru
Ansar Bayt al Madis
Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan (Vanguard for the protection of Muslims in Black Africa)
Armed Islamic Group also known as GIA
Asbat al-Ansar
Babbar Khalsa
Balochistan Liberation Army
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
ETA
Hamas
Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen
Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami
Harkat-ul-Mujahideen
Harkat-ul-Ansar
Hezbollah
Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin
Imarat Kavkaz (IK) (also known as the Caucasus Emirate)
Indian Mujahideen
International Sikh Youth Federation
Islamic Jihad Union
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
Jaish-e-Mohammed
Jamaat Ansar al-Sunna (formerly Jaish Ansar al-Sunna)
Jamaat Ul-Furquan
Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen
Jemaah Islamiyah
Jundallah
Kateeba al Kawthar
Khuddam ul-Islam
Kurdistan Freedom Hawks
Kurdistan Workers Party
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
Lashkar-e-Toiba
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Minbar Ansar Deen
Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group
Palestinian Islamic Jihad
People's Mujahedin of Iran
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command
Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front
Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat
The Saved Sect
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (also known as Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat)
Tehrik Nefaz-e Shari'at Muhammadi
Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan
Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan
Turkiye Halk Kurtulus Partisi-Cephesi
Continuity Irish Republican Army
Cumann na mBan
Fianna Éireann
Irish National Liberation Army
Irish People's Liberation Organisation
Irish Republican Army
Saor Éire
Ulster Defence Association/Ulster Freedom Fighters
Ulster Volunteer Force
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Orange Volunteers
Red Hand Commandos
Red Hand Defenders
National Action (UK)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
Page 12 of 171