Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just dust off my pith helmet for a moment... it used to be the case that being "British" was more than holding a piece of paper with a certain stamp on.

The chai-wallah from It Ain't Half Hot Mum, was the so-called "black face" the problem or was it really about how the character considered himself British? More so than "those damn natives" Smile Aspiring to and embodying ideals is not something you can check off on a spread sheet.

Banging on about some Pakistani terrorist imprisoned for 86 years doesn't seem very British to me. Trekking across snowy wastes unaided on the other hand...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing my point completely as far as the name goes. Malik Faisal Akram is not a British name and is not a resultant of British culture. At best it is a name possible in the modern British population demographic. If I saw that name in the world news with no other criteria with it I would not think he was probably British.

Funnily enough, Samantha Lewthwaite changed her name to a non British one, as did her husband Lindsay, one of the 7/7 bombers so perhaps there is more to a name, the culture moves with it. Maybe she felt too British as Samantha!

Hugenots right, think of the difference between co-existance, integration and assimilation and you can see why there are huge differences between immigration pre 19th century and post 20th century, specifically 1950's onwards.

Early immigration (and invasion) was with races and cultures that were pretty much compatible. They were the same ethnicity, religion, morals and came in small enough numbers to be assimilated and integrated into the indigenous population. Immigration post war was the opposite. Different ethnicity, culture, religion and in vast numbers that meant co-existance was the only way this was going and it's still happening now.

Still, it's all hypothetical, as David Olusoga says, by 2050 Britain will be 50% bame and then all this will go away and we will have to change the accronym to wame!!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:25 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sax-coburg-gotha is such a british name....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Still, it's all hypothetical, as David Olusoga says, by 2050 Britain will be 50% bame

This is inevitable as cultures mix and swap fluids. I am sure that by the time this happens, we will have more pressing things to worry about...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Still, it's all hypothetical, as David Olusoga says, by 2050 Britain will be 50% bame

This is inevitable as cultures mix and swap fluids. I am sure that by the time this happens, we will have more pressing things to worry about...

If I'm alive I will have, all the scientists experimenting on me to discover why I'm not dead. Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of compatibility there. I don't think the system will create many more people like that Antarctica woman, because it's based on a house of cards, cleverly cherry-picked history and propaganda, and it won't last. Ultimately, they'll gravitate upward, and won't want to do this any more. They'll also completely disappear as an ethnic group - they're doomed or saved, depending on how you look at it.

However, the Muslims keep those names and their cultural identity precisely because they don't want to necessarily mix-and-match with white people. But that doesn't make them incompatible. In the best case scenario you'll get the occasional terror incident, because there will always be some nutcase. But the majority will plug away with a reduced standard of living and prevent the ageing population trap, and the middle-income trap, which afflicts many countries around the world, including in Europe and Japan. You don't want the young people, i.e. the working people and economic activity creators (I'm not going to say "working class" because I mean everyone, including the tramps and the crims) to be completely faithless. They've got a religious belief that it's their duty to create more Muslims. Regardless of how small the matchbox flats get, regardless of energy prices, regardless of inflation of GBP, etc. This is a net benefit to Britain. There is that frisson keeping a sort of balance, there, and people's activity creating energy. Also, I'm pretty happy with house prices going up, personally. I'm also happy with commercial property occupancy rates. If you pack people together in residential zones, it's much easier to organise a society and work towards progress. They're happy to be British under the new system of what it means to be British. This works for everyone. Culturally, the cost will probably be that the pubs will go. Otherwise, we sort of have to make do with the fact that this country will never be Dubai or Singapore, so if there's someone borrowing money and someone else spending money, that's the best we can expect.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:03 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that India, Pakistan and Bangladesh had those given names enforced on them by the British Empire?

Prior to that hthey didn't have a naming system based on first and surname.

When the jews displaced by the nazis settled in the UK they Anglasized their names. The Irish were forced to do the same as well.

Eventually the house of Windsor did the same.

It seems to be a particularly 'British' thing to enforce their views on what makes a 'British' name.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:12 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
The woman who crossed the Atlantic on foot: I agree she was only in the news because it was the first for a "British Asian woman".

If she walked across the Atlantic, she certainly deserves to be in the news. She should be the basis of a religion...... Mr. Green

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You do know that India, Pakistan and Bangladesh had those given names enforced on them by the British Empire?

When the jews displaced by the nazis settled in the UK they Anglasized their names. The Irish were forced to do the same as well.

It seems to be a particularly 'British' thing to enforce their views on what makes a 'British' name.

So what. That was when colonisation was acceptable and it happened. It doesn't mean I have to cry because somewhine whines that we did it 200 years ago.

They wern't forced to do anything. They decided it would be better to come here and get inclusion in that society. They didnt have to come here but they did. We aren't the cunts you, the left and the world would say we were.

The Irish weren't forced to do anything, Ireland is but a step away, So fuck off back there. Pikeys are Irelands export to the UK, Scum. But I'm sure the left think the pikeys killing a copper is acceptable.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Interesting, but I wonder if they were ‘forced.’ Was it a voluntary act for convenience or through a keenness to be British?

Edit: found this.

https://www.desiblitz.com/content/how-indian-names-have-changed-in-the-uk
Quote:
The caste system was reinforced by the British Raj.

I’m not sure how though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:29 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about lizzy and her grandparents? Her maj is about as British as they come but her family still felt the need to anglicise their family name.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby's right insofar as a surname would have had to have been recorded in British Empire censuses, even though the first name last name thing probably wasn't a thing in Africa or India. Not all that different from the Domesday Book or subsequent censuses here, really. If someone's surname is Cooper they probably aren't a cooper, in today's world. If someone's surname is Otley they might not even live in Yorkshire. If someone's name is Abraham then that does tell you something. Some names are meaningful or suggestive, and others aren't. Someone might have a double-barreled surname, and another might have a surname which is more commonly a first name. Still don't see how there's anything different about the subtleties and intricacies of names from other parts of the world. They shift.

Now, in the case of the surname Mohammad vs the surname Abraham, one of them clearly belongs to a Jew and the other to a Muslim. How they came to have those names doesn't really matter. They are both common British surnames. I think Mohammad or variations of it is currently the UK's most popular first name. Surnames like Carfax were commonplace in the old days, as were first names like Beatrix or Judith, but you don't get them much these days. Still see nothing special in a name. You might get some useful information from a name, but it doesn't work as a scale of Britishness.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was wartime. A f* you to his cousins.

Quote:
Before 1917, members of the British Royal Family had no surname, but only the name of the house or dynasty to which they belonged.

Kings and princes were historically known by the names of the countries over which they and their families ruled. Kings and queens therefore signed themselves by their first names only, a tradition in the United Kingdom which has continued to the present day.

In 1917, there was a radical change, when George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the 'House' or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family. The family name was changed as a result of anti-German feeling during the First World War, and the name Windsor was adopted after the Castle of the same name.

https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-name
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:46 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It specifically mentioned anti-German sentiment but you chose fu to his brother?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many Brits were pro-German in 1917. The f*ckin’ racists!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:15 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing their name didn't make them less German. It was simply to placate the public.

The same public that decide whether a name is 'british' enough now.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were the public demanding that the royals be less German?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:24 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even my dog was racist, poor old GSD.

Are you so utterly stupid? In a war you don't cuddle the cunts who are trying to kill you.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:39 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just pointing out that using an person's name as a signifier of nationality is a bit stupid because our royal family anglicised their own surname to make nit look British rather than German.
Are you really suggesting we should be judging them on their original surname?

If you were to, for example, move to Spain would you change your name to Spanish to fit 8n or would you honour your parent and keep your original name?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I wouldnt change my name, But I'm not the family that were trying to support the countrry through a war. If it did do some good for my country, I woulkd.

I know that nowadays no one cares about what happenned but in the
1st and 2nd WW everyone in this country did everything they could to win the war. Might as well not bothered though. Two uncles and my Grandfather died in the war but now they are history and wrong because of pc crap.

Last edited by Polarbear on 09:42 - 19 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:16 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And once again you deliberately confuse two completely unrelated items.

Who said anything about stopping mourning the war dead?

I was talking about using name to decide how British someone is.

I bet you can find quite a few Sikh names on war memorials and yet they wouldn't pass this 'Britishness' test.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 21:17 - 18 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

If you were to, for example, move to Spain would you change your name to Spanish to fit 8n or would you honour your parent and keep your original name?

But Himmler sounds quite Spanish don't you think?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I bet you can find quite a few Sikh names on war memorials and yet they wouldn't pass this 'Britishness' test.

Well, they aligned themselves with the same morals as the British. Malik Faisal Akram… not so much.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:37 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the name doesn't really make a lot ofdifferent and actions mean a lot more?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 18 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
So the name doesn't really make a lot ofdifferent and actions mean a lot more?

So in that context, in what way was Malik Faisal Akram “British”?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 151 of 170