Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 21 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I'm not actively importing any one apart from the nepalese....

No, you're quite passive about it Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 21 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I saw it on the national news too. Maybe it should be on 24/7 like the funeral so everyone notices? Wink

Apparently the Hindus came over from Africa after we turned our back on the Empire and a good chunk of them ended up in Leicester. The arrival of 21st Century Muslim colonists seems to have upset them, gods know why...

Idi Amin kicked them out, and obviously that meant they had to come to Britain rather than return to India because reasons.

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Treat it as the mental illness it is and drug them accordingly.

But start with the prodestants and catholics because there are more of them and their war has killed more people than any other religeon within the british isles.

We're naturally (although I'm sure some would dispute that) becoming less religious, that isn't true of immigrant communities: Religion to be ‘black and brown’ in faith shift

So you're going to have to 'treat' a lot more people with immigration, and it would have to be in a morally questionable direct way, rather than just waiting as the church dies out.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 21 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Farage has got in on the act. I'm not sure his rants are going to help the situation but he isn't wrong in general terms.

Virtually every single MP in Westminster is responsible for the ethnic and religious violence seen in Leicester.

They decided to go down the road of diversity and multiculturalism.

https://scroll.in/latest/1033373/leicester-violence-far-right-uk-politician-nigel-farage-blames-diversity-of-immigrants

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, his rants won't help anything or anyone.

Quote:
Chants of “Jai Shri Ram”, meaning victory to Hindu deity Ram, can be heard in the background.

Pretty ordinary and innocuous, from what I gather. The Hare Krishnas have been chanting "Jai Shri Ram" since the start.

From what I've observed, from my area in the south of England, Johnson's government admitted a lot of recent immigrants (mostly south Indians) in recent years. Tens of thousands of them. They were admitted because of a highly competitive Indian qualification called IIT. They're a bit like Hong Kongers and they're all skilled workers in tech and IT. They've appeared in my local area in great numbers, and haven't caused any issues (yet) apart from being annoying and often pushy. They may have brought a bit of the modern Indian culture and politics with them.

The migrants from east Africa mentioned earlier arrived in the 1960s. I think they're a completely different kettle of fish and they get on well with the older generation of Pakistanis. I was stuck in a room with an old Pakistani and an east African Indian once. They jabbered on and on about railways in Kenya and Tanzaniya. I think that as before (1980s) there will be some teething trouble, but the trouble will settle (also as before) because beyond a few riots, it can't go anywhere. If there were (previously) concerns about the unbridled rise of Islamism (major issue that reached its head at the time of the Islamic State problem), perhaps here there's a possibility for a peripatetic medium.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

We're naturally (although I'm sure some would dispute that) becoming less religious

I don't dispute it in terms of following one of the traditional faiths, but it has all just been transferred to various other blind belief systems; climate alarmism, race and gender theories etc. These people are no less dogmatic and strident as any religious preacher, and often worse.

In the face of leftie lunacy, I proudly accept and embrace my new label of "far right" Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

In the face of leftie lunacy, I proudly accept and embrace my new label of "far right" Smile

Are you actually far right though? I don't know you but I don't think you are. You're just ex-Forces, patriotic and suffering from lack-of-GPZ. I think you're right wing but not far-right. The designation does matter. The far-right, if you saw them, are nothing with which you'd want to associate yourself. They are dickheads, and stupid ones at that.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
The far-right, if you saw them, are...

I don't really know, no one seems able to provide a satisfactory definition. But given the kind of folk who most often spit the term out, I'd rather be that, and I'm sure it's how they would label me. Not that I care one jot what such lunatics think.

Last edited by chickenstrip on 00:43 - 22 Sep 2022; edited 1 time in total

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I don't really know, no one seems able to provide a satisfactory definition. But given the kind of folk who most often spit the term out, I'd rather be that.

The definition constantly changes according to what's being promulgated as the spectrum of acceptable political opinion. The far right is the extreme of the right-wing. Currently, wanting immigration controls to be enforced (which is what I think is your view) is not an extreme view, and is not far right. The far right, by definition, has a political ambition that is at the outer boundary of what is electable.

For example, the discourse that states the people are under attack by their governments, all over the world, and the people must rise to fight them. This still exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7znks-h5A

Plus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2OzGfIDLQ

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

For example, the discourse that states the people are under attack by their governments, all over the world, and the people must rise to fight them.

My view is that governments have become peculiarly inept, dumbed down, all over the world. They're not smart enough to build such a huge conspiracy. But I do believe they are often in the sway and influence of some very self-centred interests, mostly greedy globalist ones, and are blinded by their own ambition as individuals. That is something I do believe needs to be turned around, or at least brought in check.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:08 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think most people would let the lie of "diversity is strength" slide but why import people that actively hate this country?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:15 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
but why import people that actively hate this country?

Yeah, we have enough of our own homegrown ones.
Dunno, but it does seem a good way to help destroy everything the neo-marxists hate (i.e. everything), although quite what the plan is after that has happened none of them has ever explained. A smoking ruin seems to be a bit beyond rebuilding to me, especially if left to them.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I don't dispute it in terms of following one of the traditional faiths, but it has all just been transferred to various other blind belief systems; climate alarmism, race and gender theories etc.

As we discussed earlier neither religion or a lack of has historically stopped cults. What I dislike is the right wing narrative that a lack of religion causes shitlibs, as I think it's false and pushed by certain actors for a reason.

There could even be an argument they're linked at least on some issues, you'll notice how it's Christian's & lefties welcoming immigrants: Archbishop says Church of England not a ‘passive observer’ of migration policy

chickenstrip wrote:
These people are no less dogmatic and strident as any religious preacher, and often worse.

I agree but it depends, I'd say Christianity at least here is in a pretty 'chilled' phase, Islam not so much. There's also always a possibility that can change.

chickenstrip wrote:

I get called a Fascist Nazi by shitlibs and a leftist by right wingers Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Bhud wrote:
The far-right, if you saw them, are...

I don't really know, no one seems able to provide a satisfactory definition.

Can I have a go? Smile

Nazis. Actual Nazis or I guess Neo-Nazis. It was the National Front with skinheads and swastika tattoos, and then the BNP although they watched their optics, but both were focused on WW2 revisionism and worshiping the Austrian painter (even if they championed other causes to bring people in).

When Tommy Robinson and the EDL came along, and they were being called Nazis, it made no sense because his supporters were flying Israeli flags and he worked closely with a number of Jews.

Obviously everyone calls everyone a Nazi now so it's lost all meaning, the left the right and vice versa, Ukrainians and Russians are both saying each other are.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

But these are all left-wing organisations. Far right must then mean extreme libertarian / anarchist?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

There could even be an argument they're linked at least on some issues, you'll notice how it's Christian's & lefties welcoming immigrants

I think the Church of England, at its "head", is just another institution being infiltrated and corrupted by the looney lefty ideology. If I were a traditional English Christian, I would be very careful about what was being preached at my local church. I wonder what is said about the upper echelons at ground level.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Nazis. Actual Nazis or I guess Neo-Nazis. It was the National Front with skinheads and swastika tattoos, and then the BNP although they watched their optics, but both were focused on WW2 revisionism and worshiping the Austrian painter (even if they championed other causes to bring people in).

When Tommy Robinson and the EDL came along, and they were being called Nazis, it made no sense because his supporters were flying Israeli flags and he worked closely with a number of Jews.

Obviously everyone calls everyone a Nazi now so it's lost all meaning, the left the right and vice versa, Ukrainians and Russians are both saying each other are.

I think you have to challenge each individual who uses the term "far right" about what exactly they mean. Watch them either stumble over their explanation, or dodge the subject altogether.
Most probably know very little even about what the nazis in Germany were in the 30s and 40s, fewer still know anything about the Soviets. Big claims made out of ignorance. And because of their ignorance, many end up apeing parts of the very ideologies they claim to despise (or in the case of the Soviets, they quietly think that was a good thing - you'll never hear them spontaneously attack such leftist regimes; again, either trying to turn the conversation back to "nazi!", or going silent).

I think they use the term "far right" and "nazi" synonymously in an effort to shut down one side of a conversation where they're on very shaky ground.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
What I dislike is the right wing narrative that a lack of religion causes shitlibs, as I think it's false and pushed by certain actors for a reason.

For some it might be a lack of religion, but I think it's more about a lack of any deep meaning in anything for them, since everything that actually has some they attack and tear down, replacing it all with shallow and poorly thought out theories and "Science!", often not realising that some kind of meaning is what they're looking for, but just looking in all the wrong places.
I've said it before: science tells us what is, not how best to live. And statistics (their other "weapon of logic") rarely prove anything definitive where human behaviour is concerned. Some things are just intuitive. They don't like that, because it doesn't pin anything down, quantify it, but it's nevertheless as true as any scientific theory. How do you measure a thought?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

There could even be an argument they're linked at least on some issues, you'll notice how it's Christian's & lefties welcoming immigrants

I think the Church of England, at its "head", is just another institution being infiltrated and corrupted by the looney lefty ideology. If I were a traditional English Christian, I would be very careful about what was being preached at my local church. I wonder what is said about the upper echelons at ground level.

I'm not sure an infiltrated church would be affirming that homosexuality is a sin, that's why I said some issues. On immigration I don't think they've ever been against it, and from what I've seen Christians seem to be onboard: Christian couple who took in terror suspect Emad Al Swealmeen say attack was a ‘waste of life’

chickenstrip wrote:
Most probably know very little even about what the nazis in Germany were in the 30s and 40s, fewer still know anything about the Soviets. Big claims made out of ignorance. And because of their ignorance, many end up apeing parts of the very ideologies they claim to despise (or in the case of the Soviets, they quietly think that was a good thing - you'll never hear them spontaneously attack such leftist regimes; again, either trying to turn the conversation back to "nazi!", or going silent).

It's funny I've never heard anyone in the real world idolize communism, everyone I know knows it was pretty shit, but then I don't hang around with shitlibs. For zee Nazis its what's taught in school, which is broadly correct, but 'they' ignore certain elements and emphasise others to try and guilt us Confused

chickenstrip wrote:
I think they use the term "far right" and "nazi" synonymously in an effort to shut down one side of a conversation where they're on very shaky ground.

Definately, when you don't want your arguments scrutinised because you're unable to defend them, you attack the other person in the hope you'll silence them. 'The left' typically will resort to "racist", "nazi", "incel" once refuting the point becomes untenable (so often straight away...) Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
For some it might be a lack of religion, but I think it's more about a lack of any deep meaning in anything for them, since everything that actually has some they attack and tear down, replacing it all with shallow and poorly thought out theories and "Science!", often not realising that some kind of meaning is what they're looking for, but just looking in all the wrong places.
I've said it before: science tells us what is, not how best to live. And statistics (their other "weapon of logic") rarely prove anything definitive where human behaviour is concerned. Some things are just intuitive. They don't like that, because it doesn't pin anything down, quantify it, but it's nevertheless as true as any scientific theory. How do you measure a thought?

The left hate statistics Laughing All of their arguments are emotive. Science they've turned into a cult because 'true' science is about having to prove your hypothesis or theory, and being open to questioning and ultimately the risk of being disproven (you can see how this is a problem).

Hence why they've created a doctrine to explain all of the things they find troubling, like gender and racial differences or such things even existing, which science proves exist (again problematic).

When you have a false doctrine, you need to aggressively disseminate and defend it, otherwise no one is going to listen and more importantly abide by it, even if it's purely through fear of reprisal.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

The left hate statistics Laughing All of their arguments are emotive.

Hang on a minute: the left, or shitlibs? You're beginning to confuse me again. I don't think we're talking about the same people.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I'm not sure an infiltrated church would be affirming that homosexuality is a sin

By that article, Welby appears to want his cake and eat it too. Read more than the headline.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It's funny I've never heard anyone in the real world idolize communism, everyone I know knows it was pretty shit, but then I don't hang around with shitlibs.

Your own acquaintances aside, no, they won't openly because they know they can be challenged very effectively on it, and it stirs up quite strong reactions. But many of them nevertheless have what can only be described as Marxist views, just translated to things other than economics. In other words, they're about tearing down existing power structures in order to seize power for themselves, often doing so from within.

Did you ever define what you mean by "shitlibs"? I can't remember Embarassed
But lines get blurred anyway between all these labels - everyone is a bit different, either in ideology or degree. Even within our political parties there are differences of opinion and principle.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

The left hate statistics Laughing All of their arguments are emotive.

Hang on a minute: the left, or shitlibs? You're beginning to confuse me again. I don't think we're talking about the same people.

Both, the crazies and the wider 'left' use emotion rather than reason.

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

I'm not sure an infiltrated church would be affirming that homosexuality is a sin

By that article, Welby appears to want his cake and eat it too. Read more than the headline.

? He says it's not in doubt then goes onto talk about the backlash they could receive... “a victim of derision, contempt and even attack”. Seems like a very pragmatic attitude, unless you want the open warfare they seem to have in the US, but with a much weaker Christian community here.

chickenstrip wrote:
Your own acquaintances aside, no, they won't openly because they know they can be challenged very effectively on it, and it stirs up quite strong reactions.

Different circles Smile I've never come across anyone scared to talk shit about communism, although we've historically not been fixated on it the same way they have in the US. This feels like an internet vs real world situation, maybe university campus which I wouldn't consider the real world either.

chickenstrip wrote:
But many of them nevertheless have what can only be described as Marxist views, just translated to things other than economics. In other words, they're about tearing down existing power structures in order to seize power for themselves, often doing so from within.

I mean BLM comes to mind but they were openly Marxist, and judging by how quickly they were dropped by the media etc., they knew they were a rotten organisation. Obviously the media took over their narrative which makes perfect sense Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip wrote:

Your 'crazies', which is a term I dislike purely because it suggests a lack of responsibility. Fanatics would be better.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

? He says it's not in doubt then goes onto talk about the backlash they could receive... “a victim of derision, contempt and even attack”. Seems like a very pragmatic attitude, unless you want the open warfare they seem to have in the US, but with a much weaker Christian community here.

He says homosexuality is a sin, then says he doesn't mind if his clergy perform gay marriage. So is he openly allowing sin among church-goers and his clergy?

Quote:
Different circles Smile

I'm a circle of one Laughing

Quote:
This feels like an internet vs real world situation, maybe university campus which I wouldn't consider the real world either.

And where do all those brainwashed students go when they've finished their studies? The US, and particularly big tech are a useful illustration of what I think we will see more of here. Propagandised looneys frightening companies into towing their political line, from within.

Quote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Your 'crazies', which is a term I dislike purely because it suggests a lack of responsibility. Fanatics would be better.

"The crazy people" is admittedly a bit of a catch-all. It allows me to ignore their own categorisations whilst showing complete contempt for them, however they describe themselves Smile So I dump your "shitlibs" in there, along with various strains of leftie nutcases.
And if I think they're marxists, then that is what I will call them. It is not up to them to tell me what I should call them. I will judge by what I see, and label as I see fit.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 22 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
He says homosexuality is a sin, then says he doesn't mind if his clergy perform gay marriage. So is he openly allowing sin among church-goers and his clergy?

I thought they didn't conduct same sex marriages anyway? And I don't believe they're obliged to either. I read that as he wouldn't go after anyone who did (rather than strictly endorsing it), you know the odd LGBT* flag waving vicar you get.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5cspzG7Ls Laughing

chickenstrip wrote:
And where do all those brainwashed students go when they've finished their studies?

Dole queue? Smile

chickenstrip wrote:
Propagandised looneys frightening companies into towing their political line, from within.

I don't think they're necessarily intimidated into it, I think they use the 'woke' stuff to get on side, hoping they'll get a pass for tax evasion avoidance and their general shittery.

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3aeecc0d1dae3af9a6761f60212bcfc5-pjlq
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
Page 162 of 171