Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

There are some proper idiots out there...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

Was just bored and came across this recent thread on PH...

Its fairly normal stuff for the first couple of pages.

- Motorcycles should filter correctly...
- It comes down to jealously...
- Why would you block them
- etc etc..

Then akirk (bellend) really goes off on one about how he doesn't "block" filtering motorcyclists... He simply removes the gap they were planning to go through for safety reasons. Shocked (prick).

Its scary that these people not only do what they do, but also think that in some way they are promoting safe driving! A fiver says he is IAM Laughing ...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1646552

The positive side of it is that he gets ripped to shreds by the rest of them on there.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
He simply removes the gap they were planning to go through for safety reasons.

My favourite. Pricks who try to enforce their own "Myway Code"
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer. wrote:
People who deliberately prevent me from filtering (which is very rare) lose a wing mirror.

I just go around the other side, but I do fantasize about going through the gap anyway and taking part of his car with me.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:49 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

General PistonHeads Chat Thread.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer. wrote:
People who deliberately prevent me from filtering (which is very rare) lose a wing mirror.

https://s2.b3ta.com/host/creative/53844/1429709865/chinnyreckon.jpg

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:51 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find hilarious is when I filter to the front of the queue at the red lights, and the car behind me gets pissy and overtakes me quite aggressively for no reason when it goes green.

Then, we get to the next set of lights and I just filter in front of them again.

I also look back at them and rev bomb.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:01 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:
What I find hilarious is when I filter to the front of the queue at the red lights, and the car behind me gets pissy and overtakes me quite aggressively for no reason when it goes green.

Then, we get to the next set of lights and I just filter in front of them again.

Is it because you're on a 125 and they get fucked off that you're actually holding them up? Laughing

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:14 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

Is it because you're on a 125 and they get fucked off that you're actually holding them up? Laughing

If so, Rev bombing on a 125 sounds like a hairdryer on steroids Rolling Eyes

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:16 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
akirk (bellend)

Reading his mentality, trying to make sense of it, really gave me a headache.

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:29 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

holding them up? Well if they want to go 40+mph in a 30 zone they can be my guest.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:31 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:
holding them up? Well if they want to go 40+mph in a 30 zone they can be my guest.

Hold on, you bought a bike to stick to the speed limits.

Oh man.... have you got this wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

Ahhh he rides a YBR 125 (like me)... I highly doubt the car is noticing much of a "Rev Bomb", you probably just end up looking like you're scared to stall

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

It's certainly an interesting approach Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:47 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I imagine all "rev bombing" a YBR is doing is making the drivers piss themselves with laughter.

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:49 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

And if you want to get fines and points on your license you can also be my guest.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

And if you want to get fines and points on your license you can also be my guest.

https://s2.quickmeme.com/img/19/193ef2ed9c38c0c9e7ec45d04f6ab0b05c19a69219da42c0d3673e023c343a3a.jpg

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the other day, a guy in a lump of crap from the mid 90's, I'm not sure but I think a Corrola, closes the gap to the lights on me, quite intentionally, so I duck in behind him and slip into his inside. The dick then swings left at me to block that, so I braked and sat at his window looking at him raging with his windows up. I just smiled at him.
He must have felt a right cunt as I swept past him the moment he had to straighten up to move forwards.

I have no idea why people want to block a biker from filtering, as whenever I drive my car, I have always made room for them. They have no impact on my position in the traffic.

Range Rovers tend to be the ones that get in my way the most, even being deliberate to close the gap. I just sit there, let them do their thing and fuck off past them with a little wave.

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:54 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

https://s2.quickmeme.com/img/19/193ef2ed9c38c0c9e7ec45d04f6ab0b05c19a69219da42c0d3673e023c343a3a.jpg

Hey I'm not stopping you from breaking the law if you want to but if you got a motorcycle purely to break the speed limit then thats just funny.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

What's the point in getting to the front if you are not going to get away from the traffic

If they are over taking you you are going too slow

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

Hey I'm not stopping you from breaking the law if you want to but if you got a motorcycle purely to break the speed limit then thats just funny.

No, didn't get into bikes just to break speed limits. But the damn things are just so...fragile.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:03 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

What's the point in getting to the front if you are not going to get away from the traffic

If they are over taking you you are going too slow

I do accelerate as fast as I can when I get to the front and I do get away from the traffic, its usually BMW or Audi drivers that can't handle a motorcycle filtering in front of them.

I can clearly see that you guys are desperate to justify breaking the law so no matter what I say will ever get through your thick skulls.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had a couple of obvious "blocks" before...

1 was a stereotypical Audi driver (I drive an Audi when the bikes off the road btw) - I'm filtering through 30mph congestion on the motorway at around 45/55 and he saw me coming from a long way off and rode the white line stopping me continuing.

Its was a trucker in lane 2 that saw it and moved left to allow me to continue Smile +1 for some truckers!

As soon as I was away angry audi man went back to the middle of his lane 2mm off the car in fronts back bumper.

the 2nd one was a little old lady on a dual carriageway Shocked swerved to the left to stop me much later than I was comfortable with - slammed on and stopped behind her. When the traffic started moving again she hogged the right lane at 40mph in a posted 60 limit trying to purposely annoy me... It was bizarre Confused

Quote:
Reading his mentality, trying to make sense of it, really gave me a headache.

Same. Cant argue with that type though.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:25 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filtering = skipping the queue = illegal.

You're breaking the law.

You're breaking the law.

/confusion, I hope.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:25 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:
I can clearly see that you guys are desperate to justify breaking the law so no matter what I say will ever get through your thick skulls.

A - I don't sit in queues.

B - Bikes are fast (lol not dat YBR doe) so make use of it.

C - Points mean prizes, I have none. I miss prizes.

and D - Waaarrrggghhh, that is what the car drivers are saying stuck behind you doing 30 (probably indicated speeds too, tut) in a 30.

They're more... guidelines rather than rules mandem.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4