Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

There are some proper idiots out there...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Held up Because they then have to overtake again which isn't always possible straight away

Making them overtake aggressively which puts you in danger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:40 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
Held up Because they then have to overtake again which isn't always possible straight away

But they don't have to overtake, I'm just filling up spaces in the traffic and obeying the speed limit. If they want to speed it is their hide.

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

I really dont understand when you say 'held up'. They have to wait at most 1 or 2 seconds to start going forwards if they are setting off behind me when the light turns green.

2 seconds after its green and you still have not moved off?
someone is going to kill you.
if you filter to the front its your civic duty to be ready to go as it goes green .if you are one of those twats who gets surprised by the lights changing and then has to get into gear then moves off . just stay off the roads.

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:49 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

wristjob wrote:
Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

I really dont understand when you say 'held up'. They have to wait at most 1 or 2 seconds to start going forwards if they are setting off behind me when the light turns green.

if you filter to the front its your civic duty to be ready to go as it goes green .if you are one of those twats who gets surprised by the lights changing and then has to get into gear then moves off . just stay off the roads.

No you fucking idiot, I go straight away, they wait a second to start going after I move off, otherwise they would be tailgating dangerously close and rear end me.

Fucking hell I am starting to think you are all nobikes.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic lights are there to re-enact the standing 1/4 mile. Everyone goes on orange.

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:57 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

[.[/quote]

if you filter to the front its your civic duty to be ready to go as it goes green .if you are one of those twats who gets surprised by the lights changing and then has to get into gear then moves off . just stay off the roads.[/quote]

No you fucking idiot, I go straight away, they wait a second to start going after I move off, otherwise they would be tailgating dangerously close and rear end me.

Fucking hell I am starting to think you are all nobikes.[/quote]

My question is. Do you use your bike primarily for hooning around with 10 of your mates and having a laugh, seeing who can get to the chippy first, etc, or do you use it because its a cheap way of getting to work?

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:19 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me, or has it gone very quiet?

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:38 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way I see it; filtering to the front brings about a moral obligation to get out the way as soon as, and not impede the rest of the traffics progress.

If you're fannying about in front of a line of traffic at 29mph getting prissy about the speed limit after rudeing a 4 minute queue, then you have no business being there in the first place.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 08 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

But they don't have to overtake, I'm just filling up spaces in the traffic and obeying the speed limit. If they want to speed it is their hide.

If they want to speed they do

But they can't becxause some cockwomble wobbling around on a bike has just pulled into the way at a set of lights and refuses to accelerate out the way

This is why I don't bother on rthe 125 as I can't get away fdfdast enough

On the bigger bikes I would as by the time lights changed I was away
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 09 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of idiots out there, and as we know quite a few in here too Laughing

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:32 - 09 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree regarding getting out of the way asap once at the front when the lights change. I KNOW it is wrong to set off on red & amber but I do and even on my little 233cc jobbie, I have long gone before the cars at the front (frequently observed in my mirrors with a quick glance) have even started moving.

PS I always give a 'thank you' gesture to everyone who moves over for me. It's nice to see so many drivers actually aware of what is going on around them.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 09 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer. wrote:
People who deliberately prevent me from filtering (which is very rare) lose a wing mirror.

Hence why people block those trying to filter.

Last edited by M.C on 00:49 - 09 Feb 2017; edited 1 time in total

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 09 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pistonheads! Rolling Eyes

tom_e wrote:
Basically some people are just unhinged cunts and there is no explaining their reaction other than a mental disability.

The perfect description of 99% of Pistonheads members, although "arseholes" works just as well!

Dave_80
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:18 - 09 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive not had anyone try to block me yet but if I'm filtering at lights I try to wait until everything is stopped anyway.

I tend to get the angry bellends who don't like it and accelerate as hard as they can to try and get in front of me,is it wrong to give them false hope before pinning it?

My bike doesn't look much and in the grand scheme of bikes I suppose it isn't,but you will still need to be in something pretty special to beat it from a standing start!not like the woman who was all over the road trying to catch me in her people carrier or the goon in a x5 who had his car screaming to keep up,then I got into second...

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_80 wrote:
Ive not had anyone try to block me yet but if I'm filtering at lights I try to wait until everything is stopped anyway.

I tend to get the angry bellends who don't like it and accelerate as hard as they can to try and get in front of me,is it wrong to give them false hope before pinning it?

My bike doesn't look much and in the grand scheme of bikes I suppose it isn't,but you will still need to be in something pretty special to beat it from a standing start!not like the woman who was all over the road trying to catch me in her people carrier or the goon in a x5 who had his car screaming to keep up,then I got into second...

Agree. I usually give a quick look to the side they are on, then just shrug at them and disappear, usually they then realise it is futile and you can see them actively give up the chase and slow back down.

I always liken it to Predators in the wild. . . If they can see the target they want to get it. If its out of sight, the rush of blood to the head disappears and they calm down and go back to "cruising" mode.

techsnap
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:18 - 10 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
I was reading an old (last year sometime) MAG magazine while having my chain and sprockets done the other day and it mentioned that TFL are now actively trying to reduce lane widths and and use road design to discourage or restrict the ability of motorcycles to filter or overtake.

Given TFL's apparent negative attitude to any form of private transport other than feet or bicycles (especially anything with an internal combustion engine), this doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to go for an all out ban on cars and motorcycles actually.

There is a part of me that would love to see how London would cope if, just for one day, every driver and motorcyclist in the city left their vehicles at home and used the already ridiculously overcrowded trains, tubes and buses.

They might realise then how essential bikes and their filtering ability is to keeping the city moving!

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: BMW tw@t Reply with quote

Driving this morning instead of riding. Sad

Came across a BMW tw@t tailgating a motorcyclist (that was stuck behind another car!).

M/C moved back to the left lane to get out of his way and he pootled past about 5mph faster than they were going in the first place!!! What was the point???

So I gave him some of his own medicine. Smile

From his gesticulating and weaving, he really didn't like being tailgated one little bit! He tried slowing down and moving into the left lane.
He tried booting it, he had no chance.
When the traffic slowed I pulled next to him with every intention of giving him a bollocking... But his lane moved faster and I never got to him. Thumbs Down

If they dont like being tailgated when they are in their nice warm safe metal security blankets... Why do they think its okay to do it to someone on a bike! grrr.

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:03 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: re Reply with quote

have you guys had anyone lunge at you with their car from oncoming traffic whilst filtering through two lanes? many parts of london all bikes just filter down the middle safely, but every now and again you get someone from oncoming traffic swerve at you to make you move over

Mudshark
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:06 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaarrrggghhh wrote:

Fucking hell I am starting to think you are all nobikes.

come on, it's been a long, long time since I did the commute on a cb125 (it was good at the job at the time, wouldn't do now as I've much more DC on the commute these days) but even that tiny pushrod engine when asked could beat most cars to 30!
By the time the car behind you has finished his text, restarted from econo mode and selected first you should be a mile down the bloody road

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

bigdom86 wrote:
have you guys had anyone lunge at you with their car from oncoming traffic whilst filtering through two lanes? many parts of london all bikes just filter down the middle safely, but every now and again you get someone from oncoming traffic swerve at you to make you move over

Never lunged, but have had some extremely British passive aggressive flashing. Laughing

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

He simply removes the gap they were planning to go through for safety reasons. Shocked (prick).

Pffft, I'd just go around the other side - what's the worst that could happen?

If I can stop them, I'll stop them.

There's a bit of road here that always gets someone ragefaced in rush hour - it's two lanes that goes into one, but practically everyone sits in lane one - if (well, when) you use lane two and try to merge in turn, you'll get full on blasts of the horn from the people who have stuck in lane one for the one or two hundred metres from the roundabout (I'm talking about being in a car now rather than a bike).
Rather than making use of this delicious, empty piece of lovely tarmac, people insist on sitting in lane one.
You also get the occasional prick who actually blocks lane two (i.e. nothing in front of them) and matches lane one's speed to stop anyone 'pushing in'
People are f'cking dense.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Pffft, I'd just go around the other side - what's the worst that could happen?

If I can stop them, I'll stop them.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Has he had his own BCF style come-uppance yet or was everyone happy with the "not working for them anymore" line?

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
You also get the occasional prick who actually blocks lane two (i.e. nothing in front of them) and matches lane one's speed to stop anyone 'pushing in'

Its properly annoying if you are in a car, but funny as hell when on the bike as they create a lovely rolling road block leaving us with acres of empty lane to merge nicely without incident...

But yes - knobs.

Mudshark
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:29 - 21 Feb 2017    Post subject: Re: There are some proper idiots out there... Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
it's two lanes that goes into one, but practically everyone sits in lane one - if (well, when) you use lane two and try to merge in turn, you'll get full on blasts of the horn from the people who have stuck in lane one for the one or two hundred metres from the roundabout (I'm talking about being in a car now rather than a bike).

some say it's because no-one knows what the feck merge, in turn means even though it clearly means merge, in turn.

I think the British just love a good queue and a moan about it for good measure

maybe the signs should say join up in one lane taking shots each, on the bike you always roll a 6, throw again
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4