Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Quick question - I'm being a bit dim!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Adam_P
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Quick question - I'm being a bit dim! Reply with quote

No surprise I hear most of the forum cry.

But...
I've just been and bought a carbon tax holder - I;m not really turning into a tart, its for security, at least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Back to the question.

I've got it out of the packet and there are some small plastic washers with it. Should they be going behind the nuts on the back, or elsewhere too?

There's six bolts and twelve little plastic washers.

I'm usually better than this at mechanical stuff, but I don't want to put it on wrong and watch my tax disc floating away in my mirros this afternoon!

Thanks
Adam
____________________
Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP Sad
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ducatigirl
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...............at a guess..........as there are 6 bolts and 12 washers i would say one in front and one behind?? Or is that just womens logic Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say put a washer on both sides of the holder and push the bolt through.
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered that, but I had automatically assumed (mans logic Wink ) that the round head bolts should be flush with the front.

But maybe not.

Sorry, just want it to look right and work properly.
____________________
Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP Sad
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:08 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order, front to back:

Bolt head, washer, holder, washer, nut.

Make sense?
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ducatigirl
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i meant Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 2.71 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 47.57 Kb