Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

On a warm summer evening

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 14 Feb 2017    Post subject: On a warm summer evening Reply with quote

This is what it's all about - you appreciate it more at this time of year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wYWHHFfsk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the Kirbymoorside to Castleton road?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
Is that the Kirbymoorside to Castleton road?

Yes you got it but I turned off at Ralphs Cross.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:34 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll on summer Smile
Looks like a road I would enjoy.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you pull out to overtake a mile early then take an eternity to pull back-in (just out of interest Wink)? https://youtu.be/T_wYWHHFfsk?t=2m

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Why do you pull out to overtake a mile early then take an eternity to pull back-in (just out of interest Wink)? https://youtu.be/T_wYWHHFfsk?t=2m

Why not I guess?

Pulling out early (oo err) gives best visibility; with that visibility there was no hurry to get back in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Why not I guess?

Because it's the wrong side of the road? I get the overtake done and slot back in ASAP. I wouldn't have approached the overtake like that anyway, something like an MX-5 coming the other way looks like it could have been easily obscured.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Because it's the wrong side of the road? I get the overtake done and slot back in ASAP. I wouldn't have approached the overtake like that anyway, something like an MX-5 coming the other way looks like it could have been easily obscured.

I think you're pushing something there that's got arguments either way. I don't see anything particularly wrong with the overtake there, the way it was approached or the hanging around out of lane afterwards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see about a mile ahead there, it takes about 0.25 seconds to go back to the left.
https://goo.gl/maps/1wbURsvkYet

It's the sort of road where when nothing's coming the other way you hang near the middle whatever you're driving (when you know it) because both sides are rutted, bumpy and potholed towards the edge.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have different styles of riding etc., I'm just saying for me personally it created risk where there was none. This was the position which made me uncomfortable:
https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/13/82/47/blind10.png

Sure you can cut back in but you were gaining on that car quite quickly. I'm not trying to micro-analyse your riding, it's just on first viewing it made me wince a little. IF it was a crash video you'd expect a sports car to rapidly appear at that point Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1