Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Are you serious haringey council how is this not dangerous ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:09 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Are you serious haringey council how is this not dangerous ? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm recently going this way back to my home from work and there is a bend which is FULL of tiny holes or even big holes the limit is 20 but you cant even go 10 you need to go super slow on motorbike in order to watch and dodge the holes.

I reported a hole on their site this one here
**edit i dont know why images doesnt show up so heres link

https://imgur.com/7Odk8ea
https://imgur.com/OsPhdP3https://imgur.com/7Odk8ea
https://imgur.com/OsPhdP3
And they replied that this is not hazardous WTF really ? how is it not ??
https://imgur.com/yHpZWnDhttps://imgur.com/yHpZWnD

So wth do they consider hazardous ? a hole 1 meter deep or what ? worst roads in london you have to dodge hole instead riding comfortably if you just forgot about dodging holes focus on something else booom right in some big hole. Reported about 5-10 holes some were super big and they cant even fix it properly instead making it smooth better then make it even worse as instead smooth with the road the hole they fixed now its standing out cuz they put too much of it to fill the hole fk, worst road engineers here[/img]

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm. Meh. It's not that bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:38 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a normal road around Northampton TBH.
"No officer, I'm not drunk. Just trying to avoid the potholes"

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fancy a new bike then fall down one.

My local council are actually quite good at responding when you report a pothole. The repairs are not great though. I'm forever reporting the entrance to the street that I stay in as there is one that keeps opening up right where you need to turn in if there're any other vehicles waiting at the junction. It gets really gravelly and rough too. As I said though they usually have it sorted within a couple of weeks. I don't know if mentioning the hazard to motorcyclists makes any difference.

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:49 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that what i think as for car its not really hazardous but for bike ? especially on the bend where you try to turn and boom into hole.
Riding daily i need to avoid so many holes some of which are big but its hard to remember where it was exactly the time you get home. Think one day will just ride around London and take note or picture with location turned on and report every single one.
Same with lights and signals there are so many lights in London that doesn't make sense, there is one in islington [forgot exact place] but its basically a red light showing but next [or under cant remember] is tiny green arrow straight and there been many cases where im going and someone just stops thinking its red light but its not ... or many junctions that only 3/4 cars can turn as there is no lights for turning green its just straight so basically you wanna turn right but the oncoming traffic need to pass and the time they stop they have red light so we do so basically even those 3/4 cars turning on red light. Stupid unorganized i think i should get hold of this job in london will minimize traffic so much because i think people there just do their job but as less as possible so they wont overwork them self ...

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those aren't potholes. Those are undulations. Round here the potholes make it like riding off-road. (pic to follow if I can be bothered to get off my lazy arse).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent council are the worst for not fixing potholes. The roads are third world, massive holes everywhere, the damage claims must be enormous.

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC councils have information that details their SLAs to responding to such complaints.

That document should also detail their definition of what a pothole is and their definition of what constitutes a hazard to motorists and pedestrians.

Factors that affect their response are things like the size, depth, location of the damaged part of the road. Also things like is it a location that sees a lot of traffic or is it just a side road that's access only.

I live in haringey as well, and yes their responses to some queries can be laughable.

EDIT: https://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/standards_for_potholes_and_intervention_levels.pdf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kamikaze Bob
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:11 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try pulling a Wanksy - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11570595/Meet-the-man-using-penises-to-fill-potholes.html

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:18 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Typical Haringey Council. They're hopeless when it comes to stuff like that. The only way you'll get that sorted is to fall off your bike, claim against the council and they'll be round early next morning to fix it.

Glad I moved out, the roads round Wood Green, Tottenham and Hornsey are a joke.

Waaarrrggghhh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:18 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were going to show me a war torn street in Syria strewn with dead bodies, massive holes, rubble and unexploded bombs.

All the roads around my neighbourhood are like that. There's a metal manhole cover that is extremely slippery in the wet right outside my driveway.

Rather than crying about it you need to get gud.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should see the roundabout on my commute, there's more holes than road at this point, stop the car at the line and it rocks back and forth in the hole across the lane, on the bike it's basically off roading Laughing

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:32 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a small brick bridge in St Annes where i live which has been under roadworks for the past year now. only one lane over it with temporary lights the whole time. the surface on that one lane is absolutely terrible, i actually hate riding over it on the bike its downright dangerous.

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:37 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamikaze Bob wrote:

LOL thats a brilliant idea, i might try that, get some really bright paint or even reflective paint and go over some big holes

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are just normal road surface

We had one that was three foot wide by two inches deep for 12_ months

Only got filled when someone aquaplaned over it into a tree

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's nothing compared to a junction I reported in Salford

got the same response,

it's like riding across a ploughed field and actually sends the bike in random directions.

I responded saying I would never be stopping in Salford, shopping there or staying there but would continue to travel through on occasion for work avoiding the junction for my own safety.

No idea if it's been sorted but I've been true to my word

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:42 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good road where I am.
My local council sent me a letter asking what I thought about them considering installing speed bumps to slow down traffic in my immediate area.
I suggested that they carry on with further installations of potholes as this has the same effect at a lower cost to the taxpayer.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 15 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. That is perfectly safe, stop whining and get some experience.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 16 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how in Islington they've fixed stuff I've reported.

6r4h4m
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 16 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
that's nothing compared to a junction I reported in Salford

got the same response,

it's like riding across a ploughed field

https://i.imgflip.com/1jq8wk.jpg

Meanwhile in Haringay, that road's only mildly duffed up. OP, do your wheels do a proper wobble over it? Theres an equally minorly duffed up stretch of bus lane on my commute that gives me the wobbles most days; i'm hoping to find myself behind a better rider there one morning so i can see if they do something i havent figured out for myself yet. I suspect it might just be mind over matter.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 16 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, that really doesn't lok that bad at all, well, not in comparison to soem of the road surfaces I ride on..
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1