BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Euro Car Parks- to pay or not to pay?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:34 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on Pepipoo, put your case there, you get some really helpful advice and if you're lucky someone will help you word your appeal letter..

Oh, and you weren't driving the car on those occasions so edit your post so no one can infer it was actually you driving - you're simply the owner of the vehicle that's why they contacted the DVLA because they don't know who was driving. What's their exact wording for this section?

suburban myth
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:01 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mudcow007 wrote:
Nothing really to do with your thread but.....

Went to Broadgreen hospital few weeks ago (on my bike) parked it in the multi story car park got a ticket thingy an went to appointment.

On the way out, parking dude came over an said - don't bother paying the ticket, we arnt setup to park bikes so cant charge you?!

He opened the barrier an off i went - very bizarre

Some car parks don't charge you, they just expect you to leave the bike somewhere out the way (which's fair enough). Some don't let you in at all, which's raciss innit!

Even municipal car parks expect payment these days, many used to be free in the past but that is waning somewhat now. My local city centre has a lane inbound and outbound for bikes as they can't do the barrier. You are then expected to pay at the security office (next to the spot for 15 or so bikes, 'secure' railings all round and leave your registration. £2 for 12 hours or £15 per week for reasonably secure parking isn't a disaster. Certainly far safer than leaving it on the street, and is undercover as well as camera'd.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

onlyJaz wrote:

Oh, and you weren't driving the car on those occasions so edit your post so no one can infer it was actually you driving

Can I suggest you take a big dose of your own advice..... No where does the OP state it was a car.... In fact it's quite clear he was on his bike Rolling Eyes Laughing

155mph
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 17 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
No where does the OP state it was a car.... In fact it's quite clear he was on his bike Rolling Eyes Laughing

Wait, so what was OP doing in a car park?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2